• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reusable Shopping Bag Ripped Already

In summary, the author is having quality control issues with her reusable grocery bags. One of the black liner things cracked, and then the handle strap on the second bag ripped. The author is worried that if she let people use these bags as part of her product, they would be seen as poor quality.
ChefPaulaB
I just got home from the grocery store where I used my bags for the second time and when I went to fold them back up to put away, where the handle is sewed on is ripped almost off... this makes me sad :cry: and very disappointed. I have had my store brand ones for almost a year and use them all the time and don't take very good care of them (they are always all over the van being stepped on and everything) and they have never ripped. The first time I used the PC ones one of the black liner things cracked and now the 2nd time I get a rip... And I take really good care of them, don't want to have people seeing them all wadded up and dirty if they are representing me as a PC Cons. I fold them up and store them in my catalog bag and then I carry that into the store to do my shopping, so I'm using the catalog bag and the reusable bags... Should I call HO? Do they even replace these things since they are from the supply order and not an actual product? And do we really want to hand these out to people as PC product if this is how they are made? :thumbdown: I'm having second thoughts about my second batch that I ordered to give out....

I bought a ton so I hope that it was just a bad one. I have a bunch (non-PC) and one ripped, but the others are fine so hopefully it's okay. I did plan to use a bunch right away too so that I can see if they are good.I would DEFINITELY contact HO. After all, the intention is to use to advertise.

Yes, call!

Oh Dear, I was concerned about this when I saw them. All the other ones I own have the handle straps sewn all the way around the bag, not just at the top. My publix bags are a sturdier material too and they cost less (99 cents each). I sure hope yours was an isolated incident.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/publix.jpg

I noticed that the fabric on one of mine tore, but I think it was from putting something with sharp corners into the bag without being careful. One also came from HO with an improperly sewn corner. So inspect them when you unpack your supply order.

I got mine at Leadership and the hem on the top foldover ripped the first time I used it. Do you all think that HO will replace it???? Keep us posted.

Mine got a hole in it after leadership but I jam packed it full and it must have gotten a sharp corner of something in it. I hope they are not flimsy as it sounds like! :(

Linda---I agree with you---my supermarket ones are made of much thicker material. When I got one last night from my director I was surprised at how "thin" it was.

I ordered mine and they will be here Friday. I hope they replace them and it is not a continuted problem. Does anyone know if they have a warranty or anything?

This sounds like another example of PC not giving as good quality as they use to do. So many things have to go on stop sell so more kinks an be worked out here lately.

I hope they aren't going to be bad quality. I ordered a bunch to use this year for hostess gifts and such and would HATE for them to be cheaply made. I want my hostess's to use them for a LONG time, not just once.

Please keep us updated. I want to order some for gifts & myself.

I have shopping bags from 3 grocery stores. One of the stores has a much higher quality bag (Meijers) but the other 2 stores are just like the PC bags, only different colors and logos. The PC bags a bit bigger, with longer handles than theirs though.

When you have a large inventory of products, and are producing new products, there will always be some issues with quality that have to be addressed and taken care of.
I appreciate that PC is always on top of these things, and takes care of them quickly so that there is very little impact for our customers. I am so glad that PC is a company of integrity and is honest and forthcoming about quality issues.

(look at what they did for us with the Sheet Pans!)

I'm hoping HO upgrades the quality of these quickly. So as to keep the fabric from ripping or the handles giving out, I put my Wegman's reusable bag inside my PC bag as reinforcement.

I love the PC bags: great idea, not the best execution. (IMHO)

I hope so too!! I LOVE, LOVE the idea of the bags, not to mention the endless possibilities of uses & marketing with them.

Did you read the PC Newswire on the 3rd? They highlighted these new bags.
Here's one thing they included that I thought was interesting: "I'm going to contact a seamstress and have her embroider my name and phone number on every bag, and give each host a bag. I am sure as she uses it people will ask her if she is a Consultant. She'll say 'no,' but will be able to give them my name! Plus, with all that interest, that past host just might realize she should become a Consultant."My goodness! How much do you think it costs to have someone embroider these bags?!! And then to have them rip after just a few uses?! I think I'd hold off on doing this until we learn more about how they hold up.

babywings76 said:
Did you read the PC Newswire on the 3rd?

They highlighted these new bags.
Here's one thing they included that I thought was interesting:

"I'm going to contact a seamstress and have her embroider my name and phone number on every bag, and give each host a bag. I am sure as she uses it people will ask her if she is a Consultant. She'll say 'no,' but will be able to give them my name! Plus, with all that interest, that past host just might realize she should become a Consultant."

My goodness! How much do you think it costs to have someone embroider these bags?!! And then to have them rip after just a few uses?! I think I'd hold off on doing this until we learn more about how they hold up.

I read that too

I am not careful with my current reusable bags. They can handle a gallon of milk & juice in the same bag so they are strong. They are OFTEN stuff with boxes so they are durable. Granted, I've had a couple rip, but I use them a ton.If you have a rip, I'd contact them. They are meant to be USED, not displayed. They are made to LOOK like the reusable grocery bags, so it's not meant for soft stuff...like clothes. I'll have to closely inspect mine.I do love that PC does tend to react very quickly, esp if you contact them right away.

Luckily my MIL has an embroidery machine, so I could do it fairly cheap, but I think I will wait and see how the bags hold up first.

I couldn't find a paint pen last night, so used a fat sharpie and put my contact information in black on the other side of the bag, for the one I'm giving out as a door prize for my open house today.

Do other brands of these bags have the extra bottom support piece? Or do they just use sturdier material? I just took mine out of the box and noticed the bottom support piece. So now I'm wondering if I'm supposed to keep the bag flat like it comes, then at the store put the piece in place? Sorry...probably a dumb question... I guess I was wondering because I thought I saw people at the store who brought in their own bags, had several balled up or bunched up and stuffed into one. Can ours be handled the same way with the firm bottom board piece?

Mine have that, but once it's "in place", it folds up with the bags. I fold them and stuff them into one.

mine have the support piece also. It keeps the bottom sturdy and helps them stay standing up. I just fold mine to take them. I actually keep all mine in another bag, so I just grab it when I'm heading to the store (when I remember).:blushing:

My WalMart one does not have any support bottom, BUT hold up to alot of misuse...hehe.

My FAVE bags are my Trader Joe's! I have some of their insulated ones too, and they are awesome!

I do hope to be able to use my PC ones without them breaking

BettieC said:
My WalMart one does not have any support bottom, BUT hold up to alot of misuse...hehe.......

That is pretty much the same as their corporate philosophy.....:rolleyes:

pamperedlinda said:
That is pretty much the same as their corporate philosophy.....:rolleyes:

lol..........

I love my TJ's bags, too! Mostly because they're plasticised, so they're really durable and can be wiped off if they get dirty. I've got a small size bag from Whole Foods that's made from recycled plastic bottles that's really durable, too.

I LOVE my TJ's as well! :) I use them for EVERYTHING and I fight people to get them back some times! lol

Well, I just talked to HO about my bags ripping and the bottom support piece cracking and they are replacing them. Maybe if everyone else that has issues report them too, then they might look into making them sturdier.. I don't know, I just hope this doesn't happen to all of them. I've already given some away! But at least they are replacing them!

Yikes - I sent each of my 5 hosts one each so I hope they hold up! And I have 5 more packed and ready to go. I am using them as my host kit envelopes! And we all know if one of us has a problem and contacts HO, they red flag it but if everyone having problems with the sane thing comes forward, a fix will come. Or a stop sell! Whichever weay, they never want to purposely look bad. I bought 25 right off the bat so I have my finger crossed.

P.S. Linda was that a slam I heard?????

Out of 15, I had 1-2 that were ripped...actually not ripped, seam wasn't sowed all the way down.I just entered a product adjustment the other day because HO wait times were long.I just gave my first one away with all the stuff for her show to a friend...I've used them for shopping already twice and have carried some pretty heavy stuff in there.

I got mine today and was scared to use them after reading this thread LOL But went to the store just so I can try one LOL Didn't buy much, a pineapple (to try my wedger I got today too LOL), some bagels and a 20 oz soda and it held up fine but I was waiting for the handles to give LOL But so far so good :)

are these bags not available for purchase by our customers? I don't see these bags anywhere in the catalog. . . am i missing something?

They are not available to customers, only consultants, and you can order them on supply

I used a fabric marker to write Your consultant Elaine Ballard (XXX) XXX-XXXX on the inside folded part.

It's a lot cheaper than having them sent out.

I have had 4 out of 10 rip~ugh!!!!! Calling HO today 2 I had given to hosts and they called and told me theres ripped :(

Oooh, that's not good. I still haven't recieved my replacments... wondering if they got lost in all of the problems that they were having with the new system... Guess maybe I'll call and see what the problem is.

After reading this thread, I'm worried about giving mine away :(

pamperedlinda said:

I know, I gave 4 away to past hosts (but they were all family and good friends) but I decided not to give one to my host last week, just a little nervous about it...

I've been using one, my grandmother has one. We have had no problems. I'm giving one to my door prize winner tonight

pamperedlinda said:

Me too!! Although I did give 1 away to a co-worker who brought $120+ worth of product.

So far I haven't had 1 rip; but I'm scared....lol

I've had 3 of 5 rip...emailed Solution Center 14 days ago and no response....

How did anyone get them replaced if they have yet?

I just got mine on Saturday in my supply order. I will definitely be checking them out!

1. Why did my reusable shopping bag rip after only two uses?

This can happen due to a variety of reasons such as overloading the bag with heavy items, wear and tear from frequent use, or a manufacturing defect. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will do our best to assist you with a resolution.

2. How long should I expect my Pampered Chef reusable shopping bag to last?

The longevity of your reusable shopping bag depends on how well you care for it and how often you use it. With proper care and use, our bags can last for several years.

3. Should I contact Pampered Chef headquarters about my ripped bag?

Yes, please reach out to our customer service team at 1-888-687-2433 or email them at [email protected]. They will be happy to assist you with a replacement or other resolution.

4. Are Pampered Chef reusable shopping bags covered under the product guarantee?

Yes, our reusable shopping bags are covered under our product guarantee. If you experience any issues with your bag, please contact our customer service team for assistance.

5. Should I still give out Pampered Chef reusable shopping bags as promotional items if they have a tendency to rip?

We stand behind the quality of our products and are committed to providing our customers with the best possible experience. We continuously strive to improve our products and address any issues that may arise. If you have any concerns, please reach out to our customer service team for assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies
Views
raebates
  • NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
NooraK