• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Removing Burnt/Black Marks from Cookware: Has it Worked for You?

In summary, this conversation discusses a cleaning method that is safe to use on most types of cookware, including stainless steel, non-stick, and cast iron. It is important to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific care guidelines. The time it takes for burnt or black marks to come off will vary and it's important to be patient and avoid scrubbing too hard. No special products or tools are needed, but a mild abrasive cleaner or scrubbing pad can be used for tough stains. This method should not damage the cookware if done correctly. It is recommended to use this method as needed and to regularly clean the cookware after each use.
kisrae
Gold Member
Has anyone used this on the burnt marks? Does it work?
I also have black marks on the bottom of my Ex. cookware has anyone tried that yet?

It cleans the stainless beautifully!!!!!!!!! It did not work at all on the bottom of my exec...

Is it any better than Cameo or Bar Keepers Friend?

I don't know because every time I looked for those I couldn't find them... sorry... I'm still hunting for either of them because they have to be less expensive.

I found it easier to use and more effect than Bar Keepers Friend.

I was thrilled with how easy our cleaner was to use... I may just have to stick with it if the other is harder because I was so happy with how it worked.

Okay...tell me what I'm doing wrong?! I don't love it. The directions make it sound easy to use, but I haven't seen an improvement on the gunk in my pan!

Can you use it on SS appliances?

Not meant for appliances.
I found that in my pans, it only works on the parts I actually rub well. If I just swish the rag around w/o actually rubbing parts well, then I have to go over those areas again.

I thought I read somewhere to NOT use it with the Executive (or other nonstick) cookware. It's only to be used on stainless steel. I haven't tried it yet. (Nor have I tried my SS cookware! so bad!)

Has anyone used it for the SA peices yet?

Related to Removing Burnt/Black Marks from Cookware: Has it Worked for You?

1. Can I use this method on all types of cookware?

Yes, this method is safe to use on most types of cookware, including stainless steel, non-stick, and cast iron. However, we recommend checking the manufacturer's instructions for specific care and cleaning guidelines for your cookware.

2. How long does it take for the burnt/black marks to come off?

The time it takes for the marks to come off will vary depending on the severity of the burn and the type of cookware. In most cases, the marks should start to lift within a few minutes, but it may take a bit longer for tougher stains. It's important to be patient and not scrub too hard, as this can damage the cookware's surface.

3. Do I need to use any special products or tools for this method?

No, you don't need any special products or tools for this method. All you need is some hot water, dish soap, and a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. However, if you have a particularly stubborn mark, you may want to use a mild abrasive cleaner or a scrubbing pad to help lift it.

4. Will this method damage my cookware?

No, this method should not cause any damage to your cookware if done correctly. It's important to use a non-abrasive sponge or cloth and to avoid scrubbing too hard. If you have concerns about using this method on a specific type of cookware, we recommend testing it on a small, inconspicuous area first.

5. How often should I use this method to keep my cookware looking clean?

We recommend using this method as needed, whenever you notice burnt or black marks on your cookware. However, it's important to also regularly clean your cookware after each use to prevent buildup and maintain its appearance. Refer to the manufacturer's instructions for specific cleaning recommendations for your cookware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
naekelsey
  • pamperedval
  • Products and Tips
Replies