• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can soaking cause black marks on a scoop?

In summary, the Ice Scream Scoop is a durable stainless steel scoop that is dishwasher safe. It has a non-stick coating for easy release of frozen treats and can also be used for other soft foods. The scoop comes with a one-year warranty against manufacturing defects.
legacypc46
Gold Member
A customer showed me a scoop she has had for a while. It has small black marks all over it (kind of like pit-marks but without the indentions).

I believe her when she says it's never been in the dishwasher. I know we are not supposed to let the scoops soak in water. Could this have caused the black marks?

Just thought one of you may know? Thanks!

Kris

Yep that's what did it.
I am sure someone stuck it in a cup of water at some point.
If it bugs her, the marks will lessen, but not totally go away if she scrubs it with some baking soda.
HTH :)

Thanks Cheryl! Now I know. :)

My sister in law has an ice cream scooper that puts a gray tint to her ice cream anyone have any suggestions?

Eeewwweee! I'd give her a new one wrapped in a bow.

Yep, soaking it too long in water will do that. I know because I soaked it overnight once and woke up to one ugly scooper. I still use it but make get myself a new one soon.

Related to Can soaking cause black marks on a scoop?

What is the Ice Scream Scoop made of?

The Ice Scream Scoop is made of durable stainless steel, ensuring it will last for years to come.

Is the Ice Scream Scoop dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Ice Scream Scoop is dishwasher safe for easy and convenient cleaning.

What makes the Ice Scream Scoop unique?

The Ice Scream Scoop has a special non-stick coating that allows for easy release of frozen treats and prevents ice cream from sticking to the scoop.

Can the Ice Scream Scoop be used for scooping other foods?

While the Ice Scream Scoop is designed specifically for ice cream, it can also be used for scooping cookie dough, melon balls, and other soft foods.

Does the Ice Scream Scoop come with a warranty?

Yes, the Ice Scream Scoop comes with a one-year warranty against any manufacturing defects.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
naekelsey
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
Replies
Views
Staci
  • mrshamel3808
  • Products and Tips