• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Packing SA & Cookware: Tips to Protect 8" Saute Pan

I wrap alot of my stuff in kitchen towels.Well, I have thought of BOTH - Cookware Protectors AND Kitchen Towels - but I was wondering if they fall off? I generally 'stand up' my Saute Pan - so I just figured that they wouldn't help much. If you sew (but if you don't ask someone), buy quilted fabric and make a bag/pouch to fit the product you need protection - you can a flap that goes over or do it with a draw string - you can even make ones for the seasons/holidays time of the year.
stefani2
Does anyone have any ideas what is the best way to pack up SA and Cookware in their Kit? My 8" saute pan is marked from it banging up again my Small Bowl Caddy.......

I use the cookware protectors around by SA to prevent scratching.

I wrap alot of my stuff in kitchen towels.

Well, I have thought of BOTH - Cookware Protectors AND Kitchen Towels - but I was wondering if they fall off? I generally 'stand up' my Saute Pan - so I just figured that they wouldn't help much

????

If you sew (but if you don't ask someone), buy quilted fabric and make a bag/pouch to fit the product you need protection - you can a flap that goes over or do it with a draw string - you can even make ones for the seasons/holidays time of the year

I have done a few and they work well

:chef:

That's a great idea, Teresa. If only I could sew...:rolleyes:

It is so simple because you are only sewing straight lines. You can buy fabric that doesn't need heming or whatever you all that. you can let the edges show and they don't look bad.

If you know exact what size you need - you can take the measurements to your local sewing store and ask them to cut the fabric to size and then just sew your straight lines

They don't have to be perfect - because you are the only one who will see them.

:chef:

Before we could earn the cookware bags (the nice ones with the draw string bags), I took an old fleece blanket and cut it up and sewed "pockets" to fit different pieces of cookware.

I use the cookware bags. They should really offer those on supply order.

PChefPEI said:
I wrap alot of my stuff in kitchen towels.

me too and I have had no problems. I also hardly carry anything with me anyone, just teh bascis for my demo, the monthly special and a few most popular items. I refuse to sclep all of it with me. If it all can't fit into my rolling tote ( laptop, catalogs~ all of it) then it doesn't go.

oh and I have the padded envelopes which are nice.

i tuck my pan in one of the side pockets.

I went to Michaels and bought some of those small "reusable grocery bags" for less than a dollar each and my 8" saute pans fit in them perfectly!! You can also look for some smaller canvas bags in the aisle where you use fabric paint. Really you could go anywhere for those bags. Target has a bunch that are a little larger for 99 cents.

thank you for all the suggestions. I appreciate it.

merego said:
oh and I have the padded envelopes which are nice.

These are great. I hope that they become available to consultants in March.

stefani2 said:
Does anyone have any ideas what is the best way to pack up SA and Cookware in their Kit? My 8" saute pan is marked from it banging up again my Small Bowl Caddy.......

I store my Small Bowl Caddy in its original box and carry it to shows that way. I can safely leave the bowls in the caddy and stuff other items in the box so that the extra space is utilized.

Related to Packing SA & Cookware: Tips to Protect 8" Saute Pan

1. How should I pack my 8" saute pan for travel?

The best way to pack your 8" saute pan for travel is to wrap it in bubble wrap or packing paper before placing it in a sturdy box. Make sure to fill any empty space in the box with packing material to prevent the pan from shifting during transit.

2. Can I stack other cookware on top of the 8" saute pan in the box?

It is not recommended to stack other cookware on top of the 8" saute pan in the box. The weight of the other cookware could cause damage to the pan during transit. It is best to pack the saute pan separately or use a larger box to accommodate all of your cookware.

3. Do I need to remove the handle before packing the 8" saute pan?

No, the handle does not need to be removed before packing the 8" saute pan. The handle is designed to be sturdy and durable for travel. However, if you are worried about the handle getting damaged, you can wrap it in bubble wrap or packing paper for extra protection.

4. How can I protect the non-stick coating on my 8" saute pan during packing?

To protect the non-stick coating on your 8" saute pan, place a layer of bubble wrap or packing paper between the pan and any other cookware or items in the box. This will prevent scratches or damage to the non-stick surface during transit.

5. Can I use the original box that my 8" saute pan came in for packing?

Yes, if you still have the original box that your 8" saute pan came in, you can use it for packing. However, make sure to check the condition of the box and reinforce any weak spots with packing tape. It is also recommended to wrap the pan in additional packing material for extra protection.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • christy_c
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
bethsbiz
  • lindy0116