• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any tips for selling more cookware and earning bigger discounts?

In summary, the conversation focuses on tips for selling more cookware, particularly the Professional Cookware which will be discontinued in the upcoming season. Suggestions include using the cookware at shows, contacting past customers who have purchased cookware, and making demo recipes using the cookware. There is also a discussion about the cost and quality of the cookware and how it compares to other brands.
Kathytnt
I am determined to sell more cookware so I can earn more cookware - Anyone got any great tips? The only pieces I have right now are the grill pan and grill press and the 8 inch saute pan

I signed up just at the end of the last Pan-O-Rama

I am with you!! I am just packing my calender full. Made some calls this week to ANYONE who bought cookware to let them know about the Sept Special. (doing the same with the knives for August!)

Use the cookware pieces you have at shows. Either make panini (which can be a fun, interactive show), or do the garlic or cinnamon bites in the saute pan If you CAN'T make a cookware recipe, pass around the saute pan with the ice cube demo. Call everyone who has expressed interest in any cookware. Mention that now's a great time to upgrade your old cookware.

Did I dream this or did they say that the Professional Cookware will be gone when we start the Spring/Summer 2008 season????

Look up people who purchased Professional Cookware and let them know that now is the time to complete their sets or perhaps add something totally different to their kitchens.

chefjeanine said:
Did I dream this or did they say that the Professional Cookware will be gone when we start the Spring/Summer 2008 season????

Look up people who purchased Professional Cookware and let them know that now is the time to complete their sets or perhaps add something totally different to their kitchens.
You didn't dream it.

I agree. USE cookware at your show (taking it does nothing if they don't see it in action) and CALL those who have purchased it in the past.

Tell people the professional is going away and encourage them to complete their sets. All 3 sets are top of the line but we can only carry so much - people understand that.

I am attaching a document of notes from Lisa Amblo's cookware demo. She sells a TON of full price cookware and is a great speaker! If you are ever able to listen to her, do it! (She sells the family size Executive skillet with lid as her "try me" piece!)

Try and make your demo recipe a cookware one...

Or, make garlic bites or cinnamon bites in the saute pan...

Good luck!

Attachments

• How to sell more cookware.doc
    24.5 KB · Views: 602
KellyTheChef said:
I am attaching a document of notes from Lisa Amblo's cookware demo. She sells a TON of full price cookware and is a great speaker! If you are ever able to listen to her, do it! (She sells the family size Executive skillet with lid as her "try me" piece!)

Good luck!
The Executive 12" skillet and lid are what sold me on PC. I never thought to make it my "try me" piece! Guess I'll have to tear it away from my kitchen!

Where did ya'll read the professioal cookware is going?I just reread my disconitued list and don't see it listed.

I printed this off and I am going to study it. I hope it will help me. I would love to be able to sell more cookware. However, here in Southeast Ok...in the sticks...all I hear is "It's too expensive". But, it isn't. I used to buy a large skillet at Walmart at least every other month...maybe nearly every month...for 10.00 because I thought a good cookware set was too expensive. I had odds and ends pieces that had been given to me. My SIL had given me a glass set of pans and everything stuck to them. My nonstick skillets flaked after a month of cooking. But when I really sat down and looked at the PC cookware and compared that I was spending 60-100 every year on skillets I realized how crazy I was. I bought the Generation II set and have been using it for about 5 years. I have since purchased the individual Professional and Executive pieces as sample orders. Our cookware is awesome!! I talk about it at all of my shows. I pass around the 8" saute pan and make the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake. I still do not sell much cookware.

They announced at conference that the Professional Cookware would be discontinued next Spring.

I thought they said next spring.

Shawnna we posted at the same time.

Shawnna said:
I printed this off and I am going to study it. I hope it will help me. I would love to be able to sell more cookware. However, here in Southeast Ok...in the sticks...all I hear is "It's too expensive". But, it isn't. I used to buy a large skillet at Walmart at least every other month...maybe nearly every month...for 10.00 because I thought a good cookware set was too expensive.

You're so not alone! When I do my cookware talk, here are a few things I say:

"How many of you have a pan that you use and then have to do the 3-week soak just to get it clean?"

"How many of you have bought more than one of the same pan?"

"At PC we have a saying... buy it once and buy it right. All of our cookware has a lifetime guarantee... this will be the LAST pan you ever buy. Is it worth it? You bet... easy clean up and you'll never have to replace it. And on the outside chance you do, just call me and PC will send out a new one right away."

"As a host you can get any of our cookware 50% off, including our Executive sets... look at p.47! You'll never do better than 50% off... even when Macy's or Target has their cookware on sale... you'll never do better than half-price."

Hope some of those phrases help!

One of the things I am doing is offering a free show to my hosts in august (I'm telling them it's my way of thanking them for helping my be able to quit my day job to just do pc and grad school), the catch is the free recipe is the turtle fudge skillet cake and if they don't want that, then they must get the ingredients. This way it is a cheap recipe where I can feature cookware to get Sept bookings! I'm also thinking I'm going to print up a little tri-fold things with different recipes for the 12" skillet to show them how many different ways it can be used...

I have not figured out my promo but I was thinking about if you spent a ccertian amount on Cookware you get a free SB cookbook and if you hit $XX you get a free cookbook I have changed my goal to try to do level 2 but if I miss it I should have a lot more money for our next vacation. My hubby loves the Carribean and the Level 2 trip is the week ofhis birthday

What about tying together using the 12" skillet as a try me piece with purchase it and get bamboo spoons or a chef's tool free? then they may be more likely to do a sept show as they have tried and loved the skillet and you get pan-o-rama points, plus the sales.

Whoever purchases Cookware Sets will get free products from me. Think about it - the least expensive set is $155 - that is a show! I will add a couple things to the order (not sure what, yet...probably things that would help with the cookware or even the 8" saute pan) and purchase them myself on the host order. So, Sally gets the 4piece Professional at $155, she is considered the guest at her own show. On the host order, I'll put some nylon tools, bamboo tools, maybe a cook book - make it worth her while. Of course, with the more expensive sets, I'll use the free product to pad the presents, too. Now, if they get a set on a friend's show or as a host, I'll have to figure out something - probably just add stuff to their order and eat the cost. It increases my sales and points and makes a repeat customer - hopefully this makes sense as I am a bit tired and kind of scatterbrained.

GourmetGirl said:
What about tying together using the 12" skillet as a try me piece with purchase it and get bamboo spoons or a chef's tool free? then they may be more likely to do a sept show as they have tried and loved the skillet and you get pan-o-rama points, plus the sales.

Alison that is a great idea!

For a freebie...what about the Mix n Chop? It is a current favorite. I sold 5 to one lady at my show last night! So people do really love it and it won't scratch the skillet. Just a thought!

ohhh... 12" skillet with mix 'n chop for free... LOVE that idea!

That's a great idea. I love my Mix 'N Chop!

KellyTheChef said:
I am attaching a document of notes from Lisa Amblo's cookware demo. She sells a TON of full price cookware and is a great speaker! If you are ever able to listen to her, do it!

Lisa is AWSOME!! You had to see the look on her face at NC when they announced the stainless cookware!!

Kathytnt said:
I am determined to sell more cookware so I can earn more cookware - Anyone got any great tips? The only pieces I have right now are the grill pan and grill press and the 8 inch saute pan

I am in the same boat... those are teh two pieces I have. I am thinking about doing a panini bar at my August shows so they can actually USE the pan, but have had difficulty getting people to actually TRY items at my shows. I try to use or take the grill pan to every show.

I like to do the pass the saute with ice. The monkey garlic bread (on this site under recipes) is REALLY yummy. I sold my first piece of cookare :cool: :D (8" saute pan) last night by just telling them how they can make rice krispie treats in it!!! (too bad it's not on Pan-o-rama) I also have acutally made the treats as a demo at shows.

I kind of like the idea of the try it for 3 weeks and if you don't like it you can call the office and send it back - PC may not like it but it gets it in people's hands to see how great it is

I don't think many people would return it after trying the cookware!

KellyTheChef said:

Good luck!

On her demo she says try it for 3 weeks and if you don't like it, I'll refund your money. How can we afford to do that? Has she ever had even one person take her up on the refund? I'm trying to get my sales and bookings really going. I've been starting over every month for 1 1/2 years! Like most people, my commission goes to bills. I'm curious how she does the refund...Thanks :D

chrpangel said:
On her demo she says try it for 3 weeks and if you don't like it, I'll refund your money. How can we afford to do that? Has she ever had even one person take her up on the refund? I'm trying to get my sales and bookings really going. I've been starting over every month for 1 1/2 years! Like most people, my commission goes to bills. I'm curious how she does the refund...Thanks :D

Every sale has a ONE YEAR time frame in which they can return it to PC for whatever reason. They don't like it, don't use it, it's broken, whatever. So, if it is after the 30 day period, the customer can pay to send it back in for an exchange or a refund. If it is within 30 days from the time the show shipped out, Pampered Chef will pay to return it and they can exchange it or get their $$ back.

So, you are not personally giving them any $$ back. You just word it like that....easier than going into a huge explanation and it really makes it sound like you are backing up that customer 100%. (Which, you are! You can help handle the return and make it very easy on them!)

Any time I have someone "on the fence" about an item I tell them that. "Go ahead an buy it! You have up to a year to decide if you want to keep it or not!"

One of my customers got the old style mandolin and had it for about 10 months. She really just didn't use it very much and decided that she would rather have something else. We got her an adjustment ##, she sent it back in and exchanged it. No problem!!

HTH

Thanks! I did not know that:eek:

cbord said:
I just reread my disconitued list and don't see it listed.
It was announced at national conference. It will be available through the fall selling season then discontinued.

Oh I am so in it with you ladies....I want the cookware! I think that I will purchase the 7pc exec myself as a show....with a couple of other pieces to get it to $150, and then work on some of the single pieces for free through panorama!! :) I want to mix (i know, and I said that I like everything to look the same!!) my set between exec and stainless....

It's not on the discontinued list because it's not discontinued yet. They gave us advance notice so we can inform our customers who may want to complete their collections before it's gone.

LBurke said:
I like to do the pass the saute with ice. The monkey garlic bread (on this site under recipes) is REALLY yummy. I sold my first piece of cookare :cool: :D (8" saute pan) last night by just telling them how they can make rice krispie treats in it!!! (too bad it's not on Pan-o-rama) I also have acutally made the treats as a demo at shows.

OK, this is the 2nd mention of the ice thing... What is this? What does the ice do or not do? What am I supposed to tell the guests about it? I'm still new and haven't sold any cookware but I REALLY want to earn some!

The ice demo

Put a single ice cube in the 8" saute pan. Pass it around. People can feel how cold the bottom AND SIDES of the pan are, which illustrates how well it conducts heat from one place to another (like from the burner to your food). The ice will start to melt immediately, further showing the heat transfer properties. People can also feel on the pan that there are no warm spots- it gets cold all over. So there won't be hot spots that burn the food.

It's a brief, cheap and very effective thing to do.

Ahhh, nice! Thanks for the info - I'll do that at my next show!

LBurke said:

You make rice krispies in it? Just a small recipe all mixed in the pan? I am sure I am stating the obvious here but want to hear for sure.

We thought the professional cookware was going to be discontinued as of fall 2008 giving us a full year to let customers know and add to their collection. I will search the special KCN, but I have a feeling they may not have mentioned it other than at conference. Before I say too much more to customers, I guess I will have to investigate...now, where is Grande...he is great at coming up with clues and answers!!!:D

I'm pretty sure they said available through Spring 2008 on the Professional cookware.

Ok...the peroxide is leeching through the scalp for me. We both agree that they will be available through August 2008, correct? Be patient with me...I'm got a little of the CRS syndrome going on.:rolleyes:

I just looked through our special ed. CN, and couldn't find any mention of the Professional. I thought this new catty would be the LAST catalog that contained the professional. That gives them July 2007-Feb. of 2008 to finish adding to their professional cookware.

I will look in my conference notes to see if I wrote it down in there!

OK, I wrote in my notes it would be discontinued in Spring of 2008. Which I would take as NOT going to be in the Spring catalog.

KellyTheChef said:
OK, I wrote in my notes it would be discontinued in Spring of 2008. Which I would take as NOT going to be in the Spring catalog.

I think that is correct. I just got a note from my NED and she stated that even though the Pro cookware is being discontinued in the spring, the Roasting Pan would still be available.

Another good demo you can do is "burn" a piece of cheese in your saute pan or "burn" rice in your saute pan also.

I did the burnt cheese demo and got three bookings for September. Yahoo!:)

jrstephens said:
You make rice krispies in it? Just a small recipe all mixed in the pan? I am sure I am stating the obvious here but want to hear for sure.

Yeah! My AD gave me the recipe and it sold me my first piece of cookware Friday:cool: ... dang it, it's not Aug. yet!:mad:

I bring the marshmallows and rice cripsies measured out in two prep bowls.

Melt 1 cup of marshmallows with 1/4 teaspoon butter in the saute pan. I like to show how the marshmallows stick to the spatula but not the pan.
Once they're melted, mix in a cup of rice krispies and slide it out onto a plate. I then take a couple paper towels and show them how you can just wipe it clean!! This is also the perfect amount for one or two people.
It only takes a couple of minutes and it's REALLY effective... who likes to make rkt with all that mess... and you're only dirtying the pan and the spatula! They get a little hard though, I think it needs more butter.

hmm. yeah, already mentioned that first part in my original post, huh? can you tell I'm excited about that? That and it's been a REALLY long day! Sorry!

pamperedlinda said:
I'm pretty sure they said available through Spring 2008 on the Professional cookware.
I guess that is misleading - I meant until spring 2008.

how do you cook rice krispies in the cookware-please share start to end

please explain the burning rice and cheese demo

Ice CubeOk, have a stupid question, what is the ice cube demo with the cookware? :confused:

LBurke said:
I am in the same boat... those are teh two pieces I have. I am thinking about doing a panini bar at my August shows so they can actually USE the pan, but have had difficulty getting people to actually TRY items at my shows. I try to use or take the grill pan to every show.

Laurie, why don't you offer to make a sample rice krispie treat in the saute` pan for all your Aug. hosts?
tell them they can make a full size recipe in the 12" Family Skillet, or a double batch in the Roaster pan, then wipe it clean with a damp paper towel.

heather223 said:
Ok, have a stupid question, what is the ice cube demo with the cookware? :confused:

There are no stupid questions here!

Here is your answer, Ann said it perfectly!:

chefann said:
The ice demo

Put a single ice cube in the 8" saute pan. Pass it around. People can feel how cold the bottom AND SIDES of the pan are, which illustrates how well it conducts heat from one place to another (like from the burner to your food). The ice will start to melt immediately, further showing the heat transfer properties. People can also feel on the pan that there are no warm spots- it gets cold all over. So there won't be hot spots that burn the food.

It's a brief, cheap and very effective thing to do.

Thank you!!! I want to sell a ton of the cookware so that I can get it FREE!! :)

<h2>1. How can I sell more cookware?</h2><p>To sell more cookware, it's important to focus on the features and benefits of the products. Highlight how they can make cooking easier and more enjoyable for your customers. You can also offer cooking demonstrations or host parties to showcase the products and allow potential customers to try them out. Utilizing social media and word-of-mouth marketing can also help increase sales.</p><h2>2. What are some tips for earning bigger discounts?</h2><p>One way to earn bigger discounts is by reaching higher sales levels. Set goals for yourself and work towards meeting them. You can also take advantage of special promotions and incentives offered by Pampered Chef. Additionally, building a strong customer base and encouraging repeat purchases can also help increase your discounts.</p><h2>3. How can I sell more cookware through the Pampered Chef website?</h2><p>One way to sell more cookware through the website is by creating a personal website link and sharing it with your network. You can also utilize social media to promote your link and products. Additionally, regularly updating your website with new products and promotions can attract more customers.</p><h2>4. What are some effective ways to sell cookware at events?</h2><p>When selling cookware at events, it's important to have visually appealing displays and to engage with potential customers. You can offer samples and cooking demonstrations, as well as provide information on the products and their benefits. It's also helpful to have special promotions or discounts specifically for event attendees.</p><h2>5. How can I make the most of my Pan-O-Rama experience to sell more cookware?</h2><p>To make the most of your Pan-O-Rama experience, it's important to stay organized and have a clear sales strategy. Set goals for yourself and make sure to follow up with potential customers after the event. Utilize the resources and tips provided by Pampered Chef to maximize your sales and earn more discounts.</p>

1. How can I sell more cookware?

To sell more cookware, it's important to focus on the features and benefits of the products. Highlight how they can make cooking easier and more enjoyable for your customers. You can also offer cooking demonstrations or host parties to showcase the products and allow potential customers to try them out. Utilizing social media and word-of-mouth marketing can also help increase sales.

2. What are some tips for earning bigger discounts?

One way to earn bigger discounts is by reaching higher sales levels. Set goals for yourself and work towards meeting them. You can also take advantage of special promotions and incentives offered by Pampered Chef. Additionally, building a strong customer base and encouraging repeat purchases can also help increase your discounts.

3. How can I sell more cookware through the Pampered Chef website?

One way to sell more cookware through the website is by creating a personal website link and sharing it with your network. You can also utilize social media to promote your link and products. Additionally, regularly updating your website with new products and promotions can attract more customers.

4. What are some effective ways to sell cookware at events?

When selling cookware at events, it's important to have visually appealing displays and to engage with potential customers. You can offer samples and cooking demonstrations, as well as provide information on the products and their benefits. It's also helpful to have special promotions or discounts specifically for event attendees.

5. How can I make the most of my Pan-O-Rama experience to sell more cookware?

To make the most of your Pan-O-Rama experience, it's important to stay organized and have a clear sales strategy. Set goals for yourself and make sure to follow up with potential customers after the event. Utilize the resources and tips provided by Pampered Chef to maximize your sales and earn more discounts.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
  • newchefmommy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • clshirk
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies