• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Me Love the Stainless Cookware

In summary, the pan the professional chef was using was ruined because he didn't use enough oil and sprayed it on.
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
I am a burner. I never remember to set the timer or to stir near as much as I should. That is why I love the Executive cookware. I can make anything and it will turn out great! Every once in awhile I have to toss a dish, but that's okay because I am not tossing the pan.

At my last show I was grilling chicken when the hostess asked if we could do some in the Stainless saute pan. Well...I spritzed some oil in the pan, preheated it for a few minutes (like I do my grillpan) and added the chicken. The hostess was cooking it for me as I was doing the rest of the demo. The next thing I know is the Stainless pan is ruined! The part where the meat sat was okay, but everywhere else is charred. It will not come clean!! Not even with Dawn desolve!

Pampered Chef is replacing it, but I really want to learn how to use this properly. Any suggestions?

My understanding about Stainless Cookware is you have to cook your items on a low heat. I have not had any issues with my saute' pan yet. If I had my picks I would stay with my "Executive Cookware." I hope this helps. Have you tried cleaning your pan with vinegar or maybe barkeepers powder? Good luck! :)

Product demo videosI was watching some of the product demo videos on consultant's corner. They were really cool and helpful, but for some reason I couldn't get the videos with the cookware to play. :(

I did find this on the use and care section on consultant's corner:

Cooking:
Cookware is oven-safe to 500°F / 260°C and is broiler-safe.

Cookware may be used on a glass or ceramic cooktop, electric coil, gas burner range, or induction (magnetic) range. Exterior surfaces of cookware and induction, glasstop and ceramic cooking surfaces should be clean and free of food residue prior to heating (consult manufacturer?s instructions before first use).

Select a burner size that matches the diameter of the cookware base. For gas stoves, flames should not extend beyond base of cookware.

Use appropriate heat level for cooking application. Overheating cookware can cause discoloration. Discoloration (blue-colored tint on exterior surface) will not affect function of cookware.

Low heat: simmering liquids, warming food and preparing delicate sauces
Medium to medium-high heat: preheating, sauté, searing, frying, stir-frying
High heat: boiling and reducing liquids only
For best results when sautéing or searing, preheat cookware before adding food. Do not preheat empty cookware. While cookware is cold, add small amount of cooking oil (note: aerosol non-stick sprays may create a sticky residue which is difficult to clean if not washed promptly or overheated). Preheat for 1-2 minutes on medium to medium-high heat setting. Add food and adjust heat setting as needed.

Add salt to liquids once a boil is reached. Salt will not absorb into cold water and may leave small white marks on stainless surface. Salt should also be added to foods towards the end of cooking.

Nylon, wooden and plastic tools are recommended to maintain beauty of stainless steel. Metal whisks and non-sharp metal utensils can be used, but may scratch the surface. In time, stainless will show wear from normal use.

The highlighted one in this list might have been the reason it ruined your pan.

I did find this online so you can take a look at it to get some helpful tips.

http://www.fantes.com/stainless_steel.htm

Debbie :D

At our cluster meeting last night, we had a professional chef come teach us about Stainless. You must use enough oil. For one chicken breast, about one tablespoon is sufficient. DO NOT SPRAY IT. That's why your pan burned--well actually, all that oil you sprayed on burned. You must pour the oil in the pan.

Thanks for the tips. It still intimidates me. Tonight at my show I was asked point blank about which cookware was better. I gave them my opinion saying that I am a careless cook. I let them know what you all said about not using it for eggs.

I think I really need to use it more. I should be getting my 12" stainless skillet and saute replacement any day. I hope I won't ruin them...

To be honest, I am just not a stainless steel user. I like the phrase "careless cook", Elaine. I am also intimidated by the stainless steel, but I really have no desire whatsoever to overcome my fear. At my first September show last week, I was describing the cookware, and I asked anyone who loved stainless to raise their hand. Not one in seventeen people raised their hand. I asked why, and people started throwing out the answer that describes my sentiment - they want easy clean-up. I went with it. I told them that I can give them all the facts and figures about our SS cookware, and if they do love stainless steel they can't do better than PC, but when it comes right down to it, I'm a no nonsense kind of gal. I want to be in and out of the kitchen, not scrubbing for hours. I said that I know "the professionals" use Stainless but I'm not a professional, I'm an every day mom that wants to be spending time with my family rather than cleaning, and the Executive line works for me.

At the end of the demo, I had a lady come up to me and thank me for my honesty. She felt more confident with a "real" person than someone who's just looking for a sale.

And oh, did I mention that she booked a show for the end of September so that she can get the Executive cookware at 60% off? Yahoooooooo:thumbup:

I'm still trying to get my 8" SS clean before my show on Saturday. I sprayed olive oil in it and I cannot get that off. :mad:I love the "careless cook" idea - that's me, to a T.

Chefgirl2 said:
Thanks for the tips. It still intimidates me. Tonight at my show I was asked point blank about which cookware was better. I gave them my opinion saying that I am a careless cook. I let them know what you all said about not using it for eggs.

I think I really need to use it more. I should be getting my 12" stainless skillet and saute replacement any day. I hope I won't ruin them...

Everyone has their own preference. Some people like SS some people like non-stick. If people ask, tell them what YOU like, but point out that it's a matter of opinion. Also, tell people they can try it and if they don't like it, they can send it back.

Besides ease of clean-up, one of the big reasons non-stick cookware has taken over the market is because you can saute/panfry with a minimum amount of oil/butter - making lowfat cooking easier to do. We have all gotten used to a spritz of oil, or a dab of butter doing the trick.......and we need to remember that when cooking with SS, we need to use more!

Executive is for me! I am not a SS girl at all. In fact before PC I didn't cook anything other than Shake n Bake and Mac and Cheese. I am not kidding.

I love non-stick too, but i was thrilled when PC came out with the SS cookware, cuz sometimes i want to make pork chops or chicken, and then make a little sauce, and they ask you to "deglaze" the pan to get the stuck food into the sauce, and for that you need the SS. Sometimes a little of both sets is good! :)

salthechef said:
I love non-stick too, but i was thrilled when PC came out with the SS cookware, cuz sometimes i want to make pork chops or chicken, and then make a little sauce, and they ask you to "deglaze" the pan to get the stuck food into the sauce, and for that you need the SS. Sometimes a little of both sets is good! :)

Funny story: my brother is a chef. Graduated top of his class from the same school Emeril went to. He decided to deglaze a pan one day with Bacardi 151. The flames from that little "experiment" destroyed the vent above his stove. He told mom about this, and ended with saying "the funny thing is, the same thing happened the last time I tried that!" :eek:

So hm. Pour what's basically gasoline in a hot pan and you expected what? :rolleyes:

He really is a talented chef, but sometimes I wonder about his common sense.

cleaning stainless
jenniferp417 said:
I'm still trying to get my 8" SS clean before my show on Saturday. I sprayed olive oil in it and I cannot get that off. :mad:

I love the "careless cook" idea - that's me, to a T.

I had a guest the other day who LOVES stainless say that if something gets too black in hers she puts water in it... heats it on the burner until its boiling and puts in GRANULATED Dishwasher detergent and "cooks" it ... she claims it will clean it out better than anything. I haven't had to try it but she was a passionate Italian cook so I'm taking her word for it! :) Let us know if you try it and it works at all okay?

I will! I'll try that tonight!

I prefer non-stick, for ease of cleaning, but I also have one peice of stainless (bought from Walmart-prior to PC coming out with SS) and I love it! I use it for my pastas with sauce, mac n cheeze, etc. I have NEVER had a problem cleaning it, and I always clean my pots/pans by hand. I guess I feel comfortable using both, I am excited to earn more SS cookware and add to my collection, and add to my cooking techniques for SS:D

quiverfull7 said:
I had a guest the other day who LOVES stainless say that if something gets too black in hers she puts water in it... heats it on the burner until its boiling and puts in GRANULATED Dishwasher detergent and "cooks" it ... she claims it will clean it out better than anything. I haven't had to try it but she was a passionate Italian cook so I'm taking her word for it! :) Let us know if you try it and it works at all okay?

I am going to try this. Also, I didn't know that you needed more oil with Stainless. I got my 12" skillet tonight...I'll try it tomorrow...maybe.

Elaine - I have ONE recipe I do that uses stainless...for everything else, I use nonstick.
Evan, on the other hand, SWEARS by stainless. He is Mr Pan Sauce - Mr Deglazer. Whatever...we just call him metrosexual ;)
But here's what I make -- try it on the family - I bet they'll love it.

Start with about 6-8 boneless pork chops - about 3/4" -1" thick. Season on both sides with salt & pepper.
Heat your pan with a few Tblsps of olive oil. Brown the chops on both sides.
While they're browning, run 2-3 granny smith apples thru the APCS.
Once the chops are browned, remove them to aplatter and keep warm.
Toss the apples in the pork chop pan. The apples will start to sweat - you can use your bambooo them to scrape up the "fond". Toss in one 10 oz can of frozen apple juice concentrate, stir in a few teaspoons of dijon mustard to taste, bring to a boil and simmer til it is reduced by half. Toss the chops back in to re-heat...and serve!
I serve w/buttered egg noodles and a green veggie. Easy and yummy and can only be done in stainless...

dannyzmom said:
Elaine - I have ONE recipe I do that uses stainless...for everything else, I use nonstick.
Evan, on the other hand, SWEARS by stainless. He is Mr Pan Sauce - Mr Degalzer. Whatever...
But here's what I make -- try it on the family - I bet they'll love it.

Start with about 6-8 boneless pork chops - about 3/4" -1" thick. Season on both sides with salt & pepper.
Heat your pan with a few Tblsps of olive oil. Brown the chops on both sides.
While they're browning, run 2-3 granny smith apples thru the APCS.
Once the chops are browned, remove them to aplatter and keep warm.
Toss the apples in the pork chop pan. The apples will start to sweat - you can use your bambooo them to scrape up the "fond". Toss in one 10 oz can of frozen apple juice concentrate, stir in a few teaspoons of dijon mustard to taste, bring to a boil and simmer til it is reduced by half. Toss the chops back in to re-heat...and serve!
I serve w/puttered egg noodles and a green veggie. Easy and yummy and can only be done in stainless...

MMMMMM - Pork Chops and Apples! Yummy!

Before I started with PC, I got a pretty expensive stainless w/ copper bottoms set from All Clad. I hate cleaning it. It is dishwasher safe, but the dishwasher never gets it clean. So, I end up hand-scrubbing it anyway.

Yes, stainless always requires oil. (edit- most times)

I really like the executive pieces I have. I cook eggs in the try-me pan with no oil.

I think the way to sell stainless is for those people who have house mates who can't be trained for "don't use a metal spatula in this pan, or you will buy a new one."

Last edited:
I like the idea that the stainless is for the untrainable people.

Carolyn, those pork chops sound great! I might make them tonight.I can see where you almost need the stainless for that recipe.

Has anyone made the cake or asian pork noodles in the skillet?

I love the simplicity of non-stick, but you can't beat stainless for making a GREAT pan sauce. Also I love that it can go under the broiler and I don't have to worry about my MIL ruining it with a metal fork... :grumpy:
ANYWAY. LOL:D
I love having both, because for me they serve 2 totally different purposes.

You can also clean the SS with a powdered SS cleaner - the type meant to your sink. One of the best features of SS is you don't have to remember what type of utensils are able to be used with it. (That is one reason men like it better I've been told.)
I always used SS before I started with PC. I didn't care for any of the cheap non-stick I had always used. Quality counts. Remember, we would like to explain the price once and not the poor quality over and over again.

Chefgirl2 said:
It will not come clean!! Not even with Dawn desolve!

Pampered Chef is replacing it, but I really want to learn how to use this properly. Any suggestions?
Since PC is replacing it don't worry about this tip, but try soaking your pan with dishwasher detergent (like cascade powder). You can soak soiled lines and other delicate materials in this and most residue/stains will disappear. :thumbup:

Don't forget that products like the stainless cleaner Bar Keeper's Friend work excellent on getting SS back to clean and shiney. I would be concerned about recommending methods that are not approved from PC and then end up inadvertantly voiding the warranty. Bar Keeper's Friend and products like it are approved and they are affordable and they work.

1. What makes the Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware different from other brands?

The Pampered Chef Stainless Cookware is made with a unique tri-ply construction, meaning it has an aluminum core sandwiched between layers of stainless steel. This allows for even heat distribution and eliminates hot spots while cooking.

2. Can I use metal utensils with this cookware?

Yes, the stainless steel used in our cookware is durable and can withstand the use of metal utensils without scratching or damaging the surface.

3. Is the Stainless Cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, all of our Stainless Cookware is dishwasher safe for easy clean-up. However, we recommend hand-washing with warm, soapy water to maintain the quality and longevity of the cookware.

4. Can I use the Stainless Cookware on an induction cooktop?

Yes, our Stainless Cookware is compatible with all cooktops, including induction cooktops.

5. How do I care for and maintain the Stainless Cookware?

To maintain the quality of your Stainless Cookware, we recommend avoiding using high heat settings while cooking and using non-abrasive cleaners when cleaning. Additionally, drying the cookware immediately after washing can prevent any water spots or discoloration on the surface.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
marystell1
  • lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • lindy0116
  • Products and Tips
Replies