• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Ice Bucket Has Strange Marks: Has Anyone Else Noticed This?

In summary, the ice bucket has scuff marks around the dots area. Has anyone else noticed this on their ice bucket? Not on mine used it last night and boy is the lid a pain in the hiney to put back on.
taterbug
I received my ice bucket this weekend and noticed that it has some kind of marks around the bottom portion of it; not scratches, but they almost look like scuff marks or something. They are sort of located around the dots area. Has anyone else noticed this on their ice bucket?

not on mine used it last night and boy is the lid a pain in the hiney to put back on,

Just an FYI on why there is no scoop with the Ice Bucket.

My AD was telling us last night at our meeting that she had asked someone in the Product Room at conference why there wasn't a scoop, and was told that initially, there was one, but that the quality was poor, and so instead of holding back on the bucket itself, the scoop alone was sent back to the drawing board. It sounds like there will be one, possibly next season?

Becky that is good to know. That must have been a hard decision to make, since all ice buckets come with tongs/scoops.I didn't earn the ice bucket, and decided against ordering it on samples. Hopefully it will get a scoop next season.

Teresa Lynn said:
not on mine used it last night and boy is the lid a pain in the hiney to put back on,
Yes it is.

Just an FYI... the ice bucket works awesome.
We used it this weekend- the ice did not melt too much in 6 hours of use...and there was no condensation on the outside. I have 2 guests that were at my home wanting one :)

I just got mine yesterday. Mine looks beautiful and the lid is just fine. I don't have any trouble getting it off or on. It fits great!

At my meeting on Monday, someone suggested using one of the new measuring cups as a scoop. It matches perfectly!

Kathy's_Kitchen said:
At my meeting on Monday, someone suggested using one of the new measuring cups as a scoop. It matches perfectly!

Oh that's a good idea! I haven't used those yet... every time I want to measure something I reach for my old stand bys, the easy read... they are so versatile... Anyway, can't wait to try my ice bucket out, looks awesome, and so far my lid goes on and off easy, wondering it it's after it's full of ice when the issue arises, because otherwise, I don't see a problem...

I didn't want to start a new thread on this product, but wanted to know:

Do any of you plan on taking this to shows? I'm torn on this, b/c I think people may buy it if they see it in person, but I don't know if I really want to lug it around. Any thoughts?? TIA!!!

I might take it to use for my drawing, instead of the bamboo bowl I've been taking.

That would be a great use.

I'm planning on taking the bucket (and my shaker) to a kids' ice cream party next week. I figure the moms can make themselves iced coffees while the kids are busy making their own sundaes! I tried an iced coffee with it for myself this morning - works great!

What are the strange marks on my ice bucket?

The strange marks on your ice bucket are most likely caused by hard water residue or mineral deposits. These can appear as white or brown stains on your ice bucket.

How do I remove the strange marks from my ice bucket?

To remove the strange marks, mix equal parts white vinegar and water and soak a cloth in the mixture. Gently scrub the affected areas of your ice bucket with the cloth, then rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

Can the strange marks on my ice bucket be harmful?

In most cases, the strange marks on your ice bucket are harmless and can be easily removed. However, if the marks are accompanied by a foul odor or discoloration of your ice, it may be a sign of bacteria buildup and you should replace your ice bucket.

Why does my ice bucket have strange marks while my other kitchenware does not?

The materials used to make your ice bucket may be more susceptible to hard water residue or mineral deposits. Additionally, the constant exposure to water and ice can cause these marks to appear more prominently on your ice bucket compared to other kitchenware.

How can I prevent strange marks from appearing on my ice bucket?

To prevent strange marks on your ice bucket, make sure to clean it regularly with a mixture of white vinegar and water, and dry it thoroughly after each use. You can also consider using a water softener to reduce the amount of minerals in your water.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefcharity
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Chefgirl2
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
Replies