• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reliving my Teen Years: NKOTB and Miley Cyrus on My Playlist!

In summary, the New Kids on the Block are scheduled to perform on the Today show, and Miley Cyrus' new album, See You Again, is popular with both young and old.
redsoxgirl
I bought See You Again by Miley Cyrus this weekend on iTunes and I love it.

I'm almost 32 and I'm loving the teeny-bopper music *sigh*

AND - the New Kids on the Block are on the Today Show Friday morning and I'm so psyched to see them again - I have my DVR set! They were the first concert I went to 20 years ago and I'd love to see them again if they tour as rumored.

Anyone else with me?

With you on Miley (I'm 35) but not NKOTB. They were so NOT my thing.

hehe, New Kids was my first concert too, LOL! I can't say I really like them anymore though......but I do like Miley too, & of course my 2 girls love her. I love how grounded she has stayed.

redsoxgirl said:
I bought See You Again by Miley Cyrus this weekend on iTunes and I love it.

I'm almost 32 and I'm loving the teeny-bopper music *sigh*

AND - the New Kids on the Block are on the Today Show Friday morning and I'm so psyched to see them again - I have my DVR set! They were the first concert I went to 20 years ago and I'd love to see them again if they tour as rumored.

Anyone else with me?

My DVR is set as well. I am so excited. This can really make us feel "old" though and I am only 28 (29 in 2 weeks), the article on people says just in time for the 20th anniversarry of the release of Hangin Tough. That hit me like a ton of bricks. I think we went to about 35 NKOTB concerts and moved to Dorchester, MA from Tennessee-for more reasons than care to explain. But gosh this brings back some memories.!!!

You think you're old?Brats.I have socks older than you.

If anyone watched Celebrity Apprentice and the end episode, it was HILARIOUS watching Trace Adkins pick on the New Kids on the Block and their wheat grass juice...and their black nail polish...Oops...I stand corrected, that was the Back Street Boys...same time frame almost - they all blend together...

Last edited:
I too have the Today show scheduled to record!!!I saw the New Kids 3 times in concert. Once when they opened for Tiffany and twice as a solo show. I even rounded out the family by going to see Marky Mark in concert. Yep, I really was that cool!!!

I love Miley Cyrus and actually have DVR set to record all new Hannah Montana episodes. My kids like it, but I like it more!! LOL My 13 year old niece and I will sit and talk about all the shows and what's going on and my husband just looks at me like I'm crazy! But I do think she is a much better role model than any other child star out there right now. She has been raised to recognize the mis-steps of the other celebs and hopefully will avoid them herself. If you watched the Kids Choice Awards on Nick and saw her accept her favorite female singer award you saw how she thanked her Saviour Jesus Christ for her success and I think that says a lot for how she was raised.
And I think Billy Ray has aged well;) !!!!

The last episode of the celebrity apprtce was with Back Street Boys not NKOTB.

chefmoseley said:
The last episode of the celebrity apprtce was with Back Street Boys not NKOTB.
I laughed everytime Trace called them the BSB! Hilarious!

pamperedlinda said:

Oh yeah, DUH! Showed how much I paid attention to THEM! :blushing:

I'd much rather hear Trace sing...

:sing: My best friend Leslie said "Oh she's just being Miley.".... The next time we hang out, I will redeem myself. My heart, it can't rest till then. Oh whoa-oa-oa-oa I.... I can't wait... to see you again :sing:

Seriously - someone take my iPod away please! :D

LOL!! NKOTB was my 1st concert about 18 years ago!! I love the Miley song as well!! It's in my car, on a CD I made! My friends look at me & go, what are you listening to!?! I'm like Oh, stop it, & listen, it's good!! My good friend listened to it once, & her 3 year old is singing it too!!

I let my 3 yr old call the radio during request hour and request songs. we have requested mylie and we have requested blue october 'you make me smile' she started singing it to the dj :) my hammy

My SIL's all laugh at me cause I love watching Hannah Montana she is a great singer my daughter really likes her to and she will every now and then sing nobodys perfect.

As with NKOTB I had a friend who was absolutly in love with them she had everything in her bedroom. Bedding curtains all the dolls shirts you name it. I will have to DVR the today show also just to see what they look like now.

pamperedlinda said:

My favorite though was when trace and Lennox had to go buy nail polish!

NKOTB was my first concert too. I just knew Jordon was going to see me in the audience & fall in love with me. LOL!!

kaseydee said:
NKOTB was my first concert too. I just knew Jordon was going to see me in the audience & fall in love with me. LOL!!

Were you one of those girls who stood in the crowd and sobbed?:cry:

Those were my favorite girls! :D I was a screamer/singer!! :sing:

Donny was my boyfriend. I had this huge pin with his face on it and I would kiss it good-night every night. I always said that I would meet someone from Boston who knew where he lived and I would go find him, because once he met me he would have to fall in love with me. :love:

My freshman year of college I met a guy from Boston and the first thing I asked him was if he knew where Donnie Walberg lived. He did, but my stalker thoughts had long since disappeared. ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You think you're old?

Brats.

I have socks older than you.

Then you need new socks.

I love Hannah Montana too. My kids watch all the time...and I watch with them. Her songs are positive and uplifting. My husband thinks I am nuts...40 year olds should not be watching pre-teen shows...LOL

I think Miley is a great role-model for kids. She seems to have avoided all the "traps" most kid stars fall into. My guess is that Billy Ray had a lot to do with that. The fact that he seemed to disappear shortly after Achey Breakey Heart probably made an impact on the whole family. You just didn't hear anything about him...perhaps it was because he was raising his family. He has aged well.

My daughter went to a Raven concert at the Tulsa Fair a few years ago. She hated it. There was no crowd control. She couldn't see even when she stood in a chair...and if you stood in front of your chair people would slide in and sit in your chair. I hope Hannah Montana concerts are better. My niece went to her recent concert that was video cast...she was at a video and not the actual live concert...and said it was great.

I actually heard a christian speaker say that we shouldn't let our children watch Hannah Montana...because she makes "smart mouth" remarks, disobeys, etc. I couldn't believe it. Yes, she sometimes disobeys and she is quick with the smartie pants comments, but isn't that normal teenagers?

daniellemorgan said:
Were you one of those girls who stood in the crowd and sobbed?:cry:

Those were my favorite girls! :D I was a screamer/singer!! :sing:

Donny was my boyfriend. I had this huge pin with his face on it and I would kiss it good-night every night. I always said that I would meet someone from Boston who knew where he lived and I would go find him, because once he met me he would have to fall in love with me. :love:

My freshman year of college I met a guy from Boston and the first thing I asked him was if he knew where Donnie Walberg lived. He did, but my stalker thoughts had long since disappeared. ;)

How funny, when we lived in Boston we knew where they all lived and used to go by there houses and wait and see if we could meet them. It worked i met everyone of them and used to hang out with Mark Wahlberg!!

Kodeysmom said:
How funny, when we lived in Boston we knew where they all lived and used to go by there houses and wait and see if we could meet them. It worked i met everyone of them and used to hang out with Mark Wahlberg!!

You are my hero!! :D :D :D :D :D

I went to the Marky Mark concert and I got to touch his hand!! :( I would've much rather hung out with him!!! :)

daniellemorgan said:
I too have the Today show scheduled to record!!!

I saw the New Kids 3 times in concert. Once when they opened for Tiffany and twice as a solo show. I even rounded out the family by going to see Marky Mark in concert.

Yep, I really was that cool!!!

Um, so you didn't live in Richmond did you??? I saw them three times also, once when they opened for Tiffany (and Tommy Paige was there) and then twice when they were solo. My DVR has been set since last night!! I can't believe it's been 20 years!!! I do feel really old!! I can't wait...I was such a Jon and Joey fan!! I have their greatest hits CD on my ipod (maybe I should stop telling all my secrets :)).

Kodeysmom said:
My DVR is set as well. I am so excited. This can really make us feel "old" though and I am only 28 (29 in 2 weeks), the article on people says just in time for the 20th anniversarry of the release of Hangin Tough. That hit me like a ton of bricks. I think we went to about 35 NKOTB concerts and moved to Dorchester, MA from Tennessee-for more reasons than care to explain. But gosh this brings back some memories.!!!

NKOTB was my favorite band also. Thriller was also one of my favorite albums and this is the 25th anniversary year. That really made me feel old.

I love Miley's song too. I also watch the disney channel shows with my teenage sis sometimes. My husband is always saying...."act your age and quit watching kids shows"

I don't want to act my age!

So :p

I have noticed a surge in NKOTB talk and buzz amongst the message boards that I visit on cafe mom, my space and my mommy message boards. I was also a HUGE fan back in the day! This talk of a "reunion" is all very tantilizing to me!

Oh my gosh! I love NKOTB! I unfortunately wasn't allowed to go to the concernt because, we were broke and I was a little too youge, but I did sport a nice NKOTB sweatshirt. I was obsessed with Joe. Funny thing, I actually married a Joey:) I kissed his poster every night before I went to bed. LOL, I'm cracking myself up.
I've got my dvr set. Thanks for the heads up!

old? never
daniellemorgan said:
I too have the Today show scheduled to record!!!

I saw the New Kids 3 times in concert. Once when they opened for Tiffany and twice as a solo show. I even rounded out the family by going to see Marky Mark in concert.

Yep, I really was that cool!!!

I was given tickets to Tiffany and was actually debating going to Mexico or the concert. I went to Mexico. Hello, not a decision now. When you're young you're crazy. With my girls, I have an excuse to listen to Miley AKA Hannah. I love her!

iteachurkid said:
Um, so you didn't live in Richmond did you??? I saw them three times also, once when they opened for Tiffany (and Tommy Paige was there) and then twice when they were solo. My DVR has been set since last night!! I can't believe it's been 20 years!!! I do feel really old!! I can't wait...I was such a Jon and Joey fan!! I have their greatest hits CD on my ipod (maybe I should stop telling all my secrets :)).

No I was in Pittsburgh, so all the big tours came through there! I also saw Tommy Paige.

I have their Christmas album on my ipod. I guess once a fan always a fan.

I'm glad you liked Jon...I did too, he was my #2 boyfriend after Donny!! :love:

I too listened to NKOTB giggles.. have the dvr set to record on Friday. My daughter and I watch Hannah Montana together on Disney Channel she loves it!!! :)
Ahhaaa those were the days weren't they?

I just found out Hannah Montana will be at the Stadium of Fire in UT. The stadium of fire is an awsome fireworks show that they do on the 4th of July. If I lived in UT I would go. My daughter would love it.

My new desktop wallpaperhttp://tinyurl.com/yt8yj5

I'm so ready for the Today Show tomorrow!!!
And I'm ready to hear the details about their tour!! I belong to another message board with tons of women my age in my area and we're hoping we can plan a huge New Kids get together for a concert! :love:

They look pretty good!! I was impressed when I saw their picture.

I was a Danny girl back in the day, but 20 years later, Jon is looking pretty good to me :D :love: :angel: :blushing:

Related to Reliving my Teen Years: NKOTB and Miley Cyrus on My Playlist!

What is "Reliving my Teen Years: NKOTB and Miley Cyrus on My Playlist!"?

"Reliving my Teen Years: NKOTB and Miley Cyrus on My Playlist!" is a phrase used to describe the feeling of nostalgia and joy experienced when listening to music from one's teenage years, specifically mentioning the popular bands New Kids on the Block and Miley Cyrus.

What is the song "See You Again" by Miley Cyrus?

"See You Again" is a song by Miley Cyrus that was released in 2007. It was her debut single as a solo artist and became a hit on the charts. The song is about a teenage girl reminiscing about a past relationship and wondering if the feelings are still there.

Why do some adults still enjoy "teeny-bopper" music?

Many adults enjoy "teeny-bopper" music because it brings back fond memories of their youthful days. It can also be seen as a form of escapism and a way to temporarily relive carefree and happy moments.

What is the significance of the New Kids on the Block and their upcoming appearance on the Today Show?

The New Kids on the Block are a popular boy band from the 1980s and 1990s. They recently announced a reunion and are rumored to be going on tour. Their appearance on the Today Show is a highly anticipated event for fans who have been waiting for a chance to see them perform again.

Are there others who share the same excitement for the New Kids on the Block?

Yes, there are many people who are excited about the New Kids on the Block's reunion and upcoming appearance on the Today Show. The band has a dedicated fan base who have been eagerly awaiting their return to the spotlight.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies