• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find a Penpal for Your 13-Year-Old Daughter | Connect and Share Interests

In summary, a girl aged 12-13 years old is interested in having a pen pal, but is too young for 13-14 year olds. Her mother is trying to find her a suitable match.
kcjodih
Gold Member
Does anyone out there have a DD around 13yo who would like a penpal? My DD LOVES to write and receive letters and I organized a few penpals from another PC site a couple of years ago but unfortunately after a few letters from each penpal the interest from them wore off and now for the last year she has nothing again.

She loves soccer, cats, scrapbooking, reading, drawing and music if that helps but I'm sure just sharing differences/similarities with someone the same age would be hopefully be fun for both.

my DD is 12 1/2. she is still thinking about it so I will let you know.

My DD is 7 and would LOVE to write letters to someone but a little too young for 12-13 year olds!

My DD is 12 but the only thing she likes to do is write on the e-mails to friends or talk on the phone although I would love her to have a pen pal so I will talk to her about it. She does lots of other things just that is all she wants to do : )When I was 11 I met a family in Canada on a fishing trip and I wrote back and forth for a few years with the girl and my sister with the boy. I noticed you are from Canada so maybe if I tell her my story she will be more interested in a Canadian pen pal.

Last edited:
janetupnorth said:
My DD is 7 and would LOVE to write letters to someone but a little too young for 12-13 year olds!

My DD is 8 Janet~she loves to write and I think would love to have a penpal her age~what do you think???

chefmeg said:
My DD is 8 Janet~she loves to write and I think would love to have a penpal her age~what do you think???

Hey - sounds great! My DD just turned 7 in May but she is reading at a high 2nd grade level. Her spelling is still coming along. I think it'd be great - let me talk to her in a minute!

I'll talk to mine in the morning....it is 9:21 here and she is sound asleep!

Jewel and trps that would be great if they were interested to give it a try. Doesn't have to be anything big she just LOVES seeing something in the mailbox for her and with no family on my side and DH's family just calls she never gets anything. I told her she could have my bills but no go LOL

Anyone else have a daughter interested? I'm getting tired already of my DD bothering me to know if I've found her a pal yet ;)

I forgot to add she loves the computer - MSN and emailing as well but there's still nothing like a letter in the mailbox. Especially when mom only lets her have an hour a day on the 'puter - mean ole mom LOL

I just have to chime in, because when I was their age I had several penpals. There was NO internet, so we wrote letters. I have been friends with the same girl for almost 20 years! She is my oldest friend and we met as penpals. She lives in the same state, but we rarely see each other.

Just on Friday she called and said her and her 10 year old daughter were at the beach (which is 10 mins from me!) So I went down and met them. I hadn't seen her since my wedding 2 1/2 years ago!

But we still keep in touch and pick up where we left off!

So it is a good thing for the girls to do...hope it works out!

I'm all for the old-fashioned writing letters. We have computers all around us but the kids don't normally go on them. They get enough of computers in school. I want my kids to have good reading and writing skills. My daughter LOVES to read and I want to encourage that!Thanks for the thread...you probably found my daughter a penpal! :) I hope you find one for your daughter soon! :)

1. Can my daughter find a penpal from a different country?

Yes, your daughter can find a penpal from any country around the world. The internet has made it easy for people to connect with others from different countries and cultures.

2. How can I ensure my daughter's safety when finding a penpal?

It is important to take precautions when finding a penpal for your daughter. Make sure to use a reputable website or platform that verifies users and has safety measures in place. You can also monitor your daughter's communication and set boundaries for what information can be shared.

3. What is the best way for my daughter to find a penpal?

There are many ways to find a penpal for your daughter. You can use online platforms, join penpal clubs or groups, or even reach out to schools or organizations in other countries. It is important to find a penpal who shares similar interests and values with your daughter.

4. How often should my daughter communicate with her penpal?

The frequency of communication with a penpal can vary depending on both parties' schedules and preferences. It is important to find a balance that works for both your daughter and her penpal. Some penpals may communicate weekly, while others may communicate monthly.

5. How can my daughter maintain a long-lasting friendship with her penpal?

Encourage your daughter to be open and honest in her communication with her penpal. It is also important to be respectful of each other's cultures and differences. Your daughter can also send small gifts or letters to strengthen the friendship and make it more personal.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leslieprichett
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies