• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Relief Is in Sight for Me but I Still Need Suggestions!

In summary, Darcy shared that she is excited and nervous about her upcoming gastric bypass surgery. She has been preparing for it for over seven months and is just waiting for her surgery date to be set. She is worried about how she will carry out her live shows while following the post-surgery rules, and is considering hiring a helper or paring down her show to bring favorites. Rennea shared that she is glad Darcy's insurance is covering the surgery and wishes her luck. She has two suggestions for Darcy--to do a catalog walk-thru like Rae does or to have the host prepare a recipe
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
I'm just so excited and my hubby is working out of cell phone reception so I had to share with my online family...

I just received word from my doctor's office that my insurance (a real pain in the kiester company) just approved me for Gastric Bypass! I've been in the program, taking classes, going to the nutritionist, physical therapist, psychologist, and support groups for over 7 months now. I made the hard decision that something needed to be done back in November of last year and it's taken me this long to get here. They'll be calling me with my surgery date in the next couple of days but it's looking like end of August.

Now here's my dilema. I have 12 shows on my books for September (And 8 in August) and I'm still making those 3-2-1 calls everynight and filling up more and more dates. With this surgery, it is very VERY important that I follow the post-surgery rules. (no lifting, etc. etc.) What are your suggestions to get me through our highest selling season of the year? I know I can do catalog shows etc., but those don't give me the bookings so I'd like to continue with my cooking shows. Higher a helper? What's your take?

What's your family situation? Do you have children who are old enough to help carry stuff at your shows? How about a neighbor or best friend? You can always "pay" them with products. :) If all else fails, take food pre-made and pare down the number of products you take - and let the host give you a hand.

I think that you should find a way to keep the live shows. Then you won't lose momentum, heading into the holidays.

Congrats, BTW!

First off, good luck on your GB!! A lot of people don't realize that it is a life changing surgery and what you go through and they think your taking the "easy" way out. It's not!! I wish you the best and you'll have to keep us updated on your journey:)

I would continue on with what your doing, you'll know how you feel as you go. Let your hosts know that you have had surgery and need to take it easy. Do you have anyone who can help out?? Someone who can take your things to your car and back again. Think about paring down what you bring, as hosts what they are really intrested seeing. Bring the favorites.

Good Luck
Rennea

chefann said:
What's your family situation? Do you have children who are old enough to help carry stuff at your shows? How about a neighbor or best friend? You can always "pay" them with products. :) If all else fails, take food pre-made and pare down the number of products you take - and let the host give you a hand.

I think that you should find a way to keep the live shows. Then you won't lose momentum, heading into the holidays.

No children and hubby works long hours, all my friends do have younger children so they wont work, however, I like your idea of the pre-cooked recipe, etc. Thanks for sharing!

I think I might place an add for a high school aged kid to be my helper. I suppose paying them a little bit wont really cut into my profits as long as I do some really good host coaching to keep sales up!

I'm really excited and SUPER nervous at the same time, this is a big deal!

Darcy~

I really don't have any other ideas to help you out...

Just wanted to post that I am glad your insurance company is covering it for you! Good luck, and keep us posted about when your surgery is and how things are going!! You know that there are many prayer warriers on here who would be honored to cover you in prayer!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

I would hire a helper like maybe a senior in high school...then maybe you could recruit her in the end. It would be a great Part time job when she is in college!!! Just a thought

Why don't you do a catalog walk-thru like Rae does and have the host prepare a recipe ahead of time?

Pick one your host can follow and has the tools for - customers sell the product better anyway.

PACK LIGHT! Choose a simple recipe and have your guests make it. I have done this before but not for medical reasons. I just like to have the guests really get involved.
Or split the guests into two teams and have them compete with making two simple recipes. (chocolate pecan lattice tart and cherry tart) give them all the ingredients measured out but no instructions. show them the picture and set them loose. It is a blast (i did this with men vs. women)

good luck. my neighbor/friend had a GB in the fall and she is looking really good. i am impressed!

1. What are some easy and affordable ways to relieve stress at home?

Some easy and affordable ways to relieve stress at home include practicing deep breathing exercises, going for a walk or run, listening to calming music, and taking a warm bath. You can also try doing yoga or meditation, journaling, or engaging in a hobby or activity that you enjoy.

2. What are some natural remedies for headaches and migraines?

Some natural remedies for headaches and migraines include drinking plenty of water, using essential oils such as peppermint or lavender, applying a cold or warm compress to the affected area, and practicing relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation. You can also try incorporating more magnesium-rich foods into your diet, as magnesium has been found to help with headaches.

3. How can I improve my sleep quality?

To improve your sleep quality, try establishing a regular bedtime routine, avoiding caffeine and electronics before bed, and creating a comfortable sleep environment. You can also try using relaxation techniques like deep breathing or meditation to help you fall asleep. Additionally, incorporating exercise into your daily routine can also help improve sleep quality.

4. Are there any healthy snacks or meals that can help with stress and anxiety?

Yes, there are many healthy snacks and meals that can help with stress and anxiety. Some examples include foods high in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, nuts, and seeds, as well as foods high in magnesium like leafy greens and whole grains. These foods can help reduce inflammation and promote calmness and relaxation in the body.

5. How can I create a more relaxing and stress-free environment at home?

To create a more relaxing and stress-free environment at home, try decluttering and organizing your space, incorporating calming scents like lavender or eucalyptus, and adding plants or natural elements. You can also try setting boundaries and creating designated spaces for work and relaxation to help separate the two and reduce stress levels.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• carlajanes
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
CJMoore
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Kathytnt