• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Should I Let My Team Know...

In summary, Darcy is scheduled for gastric bypass surgery on August 27th, and will be hiring an assistant to help her during that time. She will be sending an email to her team telling them about the situation and requesting their patience.
OhmyDLM
Silver Member
Ok, so I just got a call from the surgeon's office and I'm scheduled for August 27th for my gastric bypass surgery. I've taken a week and a half off from doing show following the surgery and then have a very busy September set up with 12 cooking shows on my books already. I've decided to hire an assistent to help me during that time, (she'll come one for twice week to do paperwork, put packets together, file, etc. and she will be coming to my September shows with me to carry the kit, pack up, etc.)

I need to send an email to my dowline telling them about this (most didn't know I was looking into having this surgery). What are you suggestion on wording to throw this out there to them and let them know I won't be taking a leave of absence but I will be cutting back a little on my normal communication during that time. (I have the type of team who normally expects me to be available round the clock).

I'd be general about it... just say that due to a personal situation that you're cutting back a bit on your biz temporarily and will be just as available as before, but request their patience with you. Tell them you will respond to their needs within 24 hours if possible and that in the meantime, all general business calls should be directed to the solution center.

Good luck with your surgery! :)

I don't think you need to tell them exactly what's going on. Like Colleen said, you can just let them know you have some personal things going on and have to scale back for a little while.

I think it will become obvious very quickly what you've had done, so you can discuss it then.

I would tell them exactly what you have shared with us. They can be a big support to you and will totally understand. With your assistant's help you can be almost as available as before and I would also tell your upline and ask her assistance in working with your team during this time.

My prayers are with you!

Darcy, please don't plan on doing to much right after your surgery. My MIL had the same surgery and it took her quite a while to get her strength back.

I'm glad to hear that you have someone helping you. I do agree with what the others have said about your downline. They will be a great support for you during this time.

Good luck!:)

BethCooks4U said:
I would tell them exactly what you have shared with us. They can be a big support to you and will totally understand. With your assistant's help you can be almost as available as before and I would also tell your upline and ask her assistance in working with your team during this time.

I agree with this, and it's true that they will figure out fairly quickly what you have done. Also, depending on your relationship with your team, a general email saying you have something personal going on may worry them about you.

I agree with Beth and Sarah...
If you want to tell them about what surgery you are having done and what changes are coming for a bit, I would just copy the first paragraph in your post and then add details that they need about when you will be officially "off" for the surgery, your assistant's contact info, etc.

BTW... congrats on the surgery! Can't wait to see before and after pictures. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

If you want to tell them about what surgery you are having done and what changes are coming for a bit, I would just copy the first paragraph in your post and then add details that they need about when you will be officially "off" for the surgery, your assistant's contact info, etc.

BTW... congrats on the surgery! Can't wait to see before and after pictures. Let me know if I can do anything for you.

katie0128 said:

Oh yes, I definately want to let everyone know about it. I'm pretty vocal and don't keep too much to myself :) But because of that I have a team who is aquired to having my be available by phone or email 24/7. We've had some issues come up when I have not responded in a timely manner (Although I stayed in business, I wasn't necesarily the best trainer or support person after the ordeal with my son passing away last year) and I hate to have to dredge them all back up again in this case, so that's why I'm seeking a "friendly" way to bring this all up.

Thanks so much for all of your suggestions, they are very much appreciated!

We have our next team meeting on August 2nd, maybe I should just wait and introduce it to them then and then send out a follow up email so those who didn't attend get all the info?

Telling them in person is the best route. If you're open with them about it, they'll be more understanding and supportive.

You could tell them all to become members here, and even offer to pay the $5, though it is totally worth it to them. If they have questions they can get very quick answers here and great advice. It's just for a short period of time.

Related to How Should I Let My Team Know...

1. How should I let my team know about a last minute meeting?

The best way to inform your team about a last minute meeting is through a quick email or text message. Make sure to include the date, time, and location in the message so everyone is aware of the details. You may also want to follow up with a phone call to ensure that everyone received the message.

2. Should I use a group chat or email to communicate with my team?

It depends on the nature of the communication. For urgent matters or quick updates, a group chat may be more effective. However, for important information or longer discussions, email may be a better option. You can also use a combination of both methods to ensure everyone is informed.

3. How far in advance should I let my team know about a project deadline?

It's best to give your team at least a week's notice for a project deadline. This allows them enough time to plan their workload and make any necessary adjustments. If the deadline is shorter, make sure to communicate the urgency and provide clear expectations for completing the project.

4. How should I handle conflicts within my team?

The first step is to address the conflict directly with the individuals involved. Encourage open communication and actively listen to both sides. If necessary, involve a mediator or HR representative to help resolve the conflict. It's important to handle conflicts calmly and professionally to maintain a positive work environment.

5. What should I do if a team member is consistently not meeting deadlines?

It's important to have a conversation with the team member and address the issue directly. Find out if there are any underlying reasons for the missed deadlines and offer support or resources if needed. Set clear expectations and consequences for not meeting deadlines in the future. If the issue persists, it may be necessary to involve a manager or HR representative.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kelly8
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefkathy
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
chefkathy
  • jcsmilez