• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Venting About My Team: Frustrations and Rants | Letting It All Out

In summary, Becky and Linda are both frustrated with how the Sellathon is going. They feel like they are pushing themselves too hard and that communication between team members would help them move forward.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Since I can't say these things to my team, I need to get it out here....feel free to add your own vents :cry:

• Answer my email, phone call, text, fb message! dammit!
  • Seriously, you invited 'everyone you know' and not one of them rsvp'd to you?
  • No-one wants to host? You have over 300 fb friends and NONE of them will host a party or pass a catalog?? Quit talking about stupid crap and ASK THEM to help you!!!!

And to my Bride from last week's Pampered Bridal Shower....
I really need to get this show in tonight, call me back! argh!!!!

And to my MIA Catalog Host....
Do you think we can close this thing before the season is over?

Thanks y'all! I'm still in a pissy mood, but I feel a little better getting this out :grumpy:

(((hugs))) One or two things can be frustrating, but I know how you feel when it just seems like they are all piling up at once! :(

I love you Linda!!!!

Totally relate to every single thing you posted. :candyheart:

And to my Host from June 2nd....you "might" be able to close today? You've had the ENTIRE FREAKIN' MONTH! That one last maybe order isn't going to get you any more rewards, and you are standing between me and the next level in Sellathon!!!!:grumpy:

Chefbeckyd said:
Totally relate to every single thing you posted. :candyheart:

And to my Host from June 2nd....you "might" be able to close today? You've had the ENTIRE FREAKIN' MONTH! That one last maybe order isn't going to get you any more rewards, and you are standing between me and the next level in Sellathon!!!!:grumpy:

Becky & Linda:

Totally there with you!!

WHY, WHY, WHY won't Host or Team Members COMMUNICATE!!!

I'm waiting on 2 host to close out tonight to hit 3,000. One I've called several xs this week with NO response. Don't these people know I need to get paid & more importantly I NEED my FREEBIES!!! :cry:

My bride wants to order a bunch of stuff with the host discount, but wants to pay me after the wedding (in a few weeks). I told her that the order needed to go in no later than today and that I could not submit it without payment. She was suposed to call me 2 days ago, chatted with her yesterday morning and she promised she'd call me last night. I told her we could move stuff around if she needed to prioritize what she wanted. I have no idea if she's trying to come-up with the money to pay or if she's just dodging me until 'after the wedding'...argh!

For the first time in over a year it doesn't look like my team will qualify (out of 18 I only have 5 active....wth?)....seriously, in a sell a thon month?? So part of me just doesn't care b/c it won't make any difference team-wise if it goes in tonight or not. But, just my luck, if I don't get it in then some of my team members will surprise me and submit without telling me then I'll be mad at myself for not pushing it.

I have a lot of inactivity this month too. Way more than I'm accustomed to seeing! I sent out an incentive to my personal cluster on Tuesday that if they pulled it together and we hit Director, along with the commission and potentially earning in SAT, they might be the lucky winner of a $50 gift card. They have to have $150 in sales (be active) to participate in the drawing ~ each active consultant will get 1 entry for every $100 in sales.I started getting responses of who has shows to submit. 2 currently have shows on hold, so I'm hoping they can get them resolved soon! Both are in Japan, so odds are their issue is with a military customer who will be paid today/tomorrow (depending on which bank they use). Hopefully it will all work out! :D It looks like I'll have the sales, I just need these 2 to come off the hold list for the activity!!!

pamperedlinda said:
For the first time in over a year it doesn't look like my team will qualify (out of 18 I only have 5 active....wth?)....seriously, in a sell a thon month?? So part of me just doesn't care b/c it won't make any difference team-wise if it goes in tonight or not. But, just my luck, if I don't get it in then some of my team members will surprise me and submit without telling me then I'll be mad at myself for not pushing it.

Linda, I feel your pain.

I am one short as well, but she emailed me yesterday with questions for submiting her catalog party. I can't believe I am one short of qualifing. My 2 steady eddies are very pregnant and their business has slowed way down. I also lost 7 people to my downline promoting, but still I have plenty of people. I was so surprised by the lack of sales this month too.

How about this rant...When I ask for the guest list, "I don't know anybody to invite" Then why are you having a party if you don't "know" anybody?!!

I'm struggling with getting people to communicate and submit also.

I have 15 on my team, and 4 who've submitted shows this month. I just can't believe that in a Sellathon month, which I've promoted out the wazoo with the team, they aren't making more of an effort. TWO shows, and you get over $65 in product for free. I honestly don't know any other way to motivate them.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

Finally talked to the bride! Got her show submitted and you guessed it....now I have a declined CC. Sure hope that guest calls me back.

Got both my host to close out their parties and before 9pm :) WAHOO 3,000+ in sales. I feel greedy knowing I'll have the Dir. pkg. too but just allows me to share more with the team.

++Fingers for the rest of you to complete closes tonight.

Whew!

No, my host from the 2nd hasn't closed her show - but my host from tonight wanted to close tonight, so it was all done before she left for vacation! YIPPEEEEE!

I was gone the 18th-28th, and had a wedding, a graduation, and 2 birthdays, plus end of year stuff for school. This was a busy month, but I still managed to just now pull off $3000! Oh - and one host who is signing tomorrow, so the show I did with her will be submitted as her kickoff show.

NOW I can begin to be excited about conference and anxious to see all of the new products!

flemings99 said:
Got both my host to close out their parties and before 9pm :) WAHOO 3,000+ in sales. I feel greedy knowing I'll have the Dir. pkg. too but just allows me to share more with the team.

++Fingers for the rest of you to complete closes tonight.

YEA for you! :party:

I stayed up last night submitting a few shows ( I am trying to be better about last minute) I had 3 to close today, 2 catalog and 1 show. They were supposed to close in the morning, I had planned on having a much needed relaxing evening. They all 3 turned into huge headaches!!! I actually did start to cry. The kicker is, the cooking show was a swap show with a 31 consultant and she still needed to close my 31 party by midnight as well. She wasn't available all day today said she would call at dinner time. Hadn't heard from her by 9:30 so I called her, she said she just walked into KOHLS!! So I just hung up with her at 12:30 am and submitted her show.

But Drumroll please, my 4th highest month $7, 367!! I know some do this all the time, but my last two month were terrible and I barely hit $2,500.

Chantelle!!! That's amazing! Way to go! Congratulations on your awesome month!

Congrats girl! Way to go!!! :D

I was going to come on here and do a similar vent. But I'm not even that fired up about it. Just mildly annoyed. My team had decent sales this month, but they mainly came from the same 2 people who are always strong. I can't believe this sad month, especially with it being a SAT month!!! I only had 5 active (at least according to what's posted so far), so I won't make Director this month. :( Unless anyone surprises me by submitting something last night. My good performers are the ones that would have submitted stuff and only if someone who submits a show every few months (and obviously isn't very motivated by SAT) submitted something will I be paid as a director.But, the sad thing is, I'm not even that broken up about it. Summers are getting harder and harder for me. My kids are in to SO many things and I like spending this time with them, so I can definitely say my business suffers. I'm on track for the trip, but I guess I don't have the discipline at this point to really sit down and work my biz like I should. Maybe now that I've lined up a once-a-week sitter for a few hours, it'll give me some more time to work my biz. And if I can just keep somewhat alive during the summer, BOTH my kids will be in school full time in the fall for the first time ever, so I hope to be able to devote more time to my biz.Although, I've also been contemplating going back into my previous field, so we'll see what happens with that!!Congrats to those that had AWESOME months!!!! MY SAT is pathetic this time. Worst ever probably. I just hit the 2 shows and was lucky to do that. At least I qualified to get the Director package!!

Whew.... everything seems to have updated......I did have a consultant come out of the blue and submit a show. yay! Met all Director requirements this month. Just by the skin of my teeth.

Now, I NEED to get some new blood on my team. I have two people wanting to sign in July, so I'm hoping they follow through!!!

Our team has everything met except the #6 consultant. Her show is on HOLD! And she's in the middle of a PCS (military) move from Japan back to the states, so I don't think she'll get it resolved by 10PM. :(HO says it's her card and it's for $141 & some change. It's going to make a $500+ difference on my paycheck if it's resolved, so I may have to end up paying to get it off hold & having her pay me back. :(

Sheila said:
Our team has everything met except the #6 consultant. Her show is on HOLD! And she's in the middle of a PCS (military) move from Japan back to the states, so I don't think she'll get it resolved by 10PM. :(

HO says it's her card and it's for $141 & some change. It's going to make a $500+ difference on my paycheck if it's resolved, so I may have to end up paying to get it off hold & having her pay me back. :(

I hope you get it taken care of. Good Luck!

pamperedbecky said:
Whew.... everything seems to have updated......I did have a consultant come out of the blue and submit a show. yay! Met all Director requirements this month. Just by the skin of my teeth.

Now, I NEED to get some new blood on my team. I have two people wanting to sign in July, so I'm hoping they follow through!!!

Whew is right! I was sure I wouldn't quite make it but a couple people submitted that I didn't expect and it got our numbers there!! I can't understand why they can't just tell me when I ask so I could stress less (joining in on the vent ;) ). Normally I submit at least half of the required sales but with all the time I spent in the hospital the first 4 months of the year and then being gone on vacation more than half of June I am happy to have gotten what I did in.

I need to get in front of people again so I can get some new blood too!!

Linda, I think this is why I am feeling uninspired about my business as well. The blood I get in just wants to to 1 show a month or...well you all hear the same thing. We have all of this training that they can even do on their own. Is it because people want instant results? My downline is doing great and everyone qualified in the month of June for their director positions. Organizational sales were over $34,000. :party: But I just wish I could get my personal team locally going and add to them. I have not recruited anyone in months. I have had 3 back out on me and seem to find no one new. UGH!

My 6th one was on a plane from Japan to Seattle in the middle of her PCS (military) move back to the states and her show was on HOLD! :eek: Luckily, she checked in on Facebook when she got to her hotel, got my messages & got the show resolved before the 10PM July 1 deadline. Whew!!! I was sweating that one. Her one show means I'll be "paid as" AD vs. TL. That one was cutting it close!!!

Vent warning!!! Read at your own risk!!!!!O.M.G!!!! MY BLOOD IS BOILING RIGHT NOW and I'm actually shaking writing this!!A while back, I'm SURE I posted about the woman who wanted me to replace her stoneware that was damaged when her basement flooded. She called HO wanting it replaced and they said no and referred her to me. I also said no and she could get it replaced free if she hosted a show and used her host benefits to get the items she wanted. She's the one that told me "I know there are ways around this..." and I explained that it falls under her homeowner's insurance, not PC's warranty when she told me she doesn't have insurance.Well, she just called me AGAIN wanting to know what I can do for her. AGAIN I explained that we cannot replace it. She said in my note (which I included when I sent the catalog she requested) that I wrote that I could replace it FREE for her. I said, yes, IF she hosts and show and uses her host benefits. She said that's not what I wrote.I suggested she call HO directly and she said she did twice, and both times they referred her to me (which sounds kind of strange since she's never been my customer in the first place). She told me they told her that since she put her stoneware in the dishwasher, it voided her warranty (LOL! that she outed herself!). And I said that was true and that that is CLEARLY stated on the Use & Care cards that accompany the stoneware which I'm sure she had since *everything was new in the box and never touched* (her words). And what's funny too is that she wants to replace stoneware that we don't even carry anymore and haven't for a while!!!!She asked me to e-mail her the upcoming specials and then asked me if I knew her original consultant and gave me her name. I've never heard of her.The she asks me AGAIN to "work around it." (After the original call, I had asked my D how she would have handled it and used the EXACT words my D suggested...) and I said, "Well Janie... I feel very uncomfortable being in this position because you're asking me to be dishonest and that's not something I am willing to do." {{{CRICKETS}}}And then she lost it. She started YELLING AT ME telling me that she's been with SEVERAL direct selling companies and there are ways around it and she KNOWS that my hosts don't use all of their host benefits and therefore what isn't used, I should give to her because she's been a long-time customer (not with me, mind you). And she CAN'T host a show because her show would have to be thousands and thousands of dollars just to replace the items for free (which is why I suggested she host in July to get the additional but whatevs.) And then she said that what she was asking of me was NOT being dishonest and couldn't believe I would say something like that.Now I'm pissed. I told her that I wasn't willing to give her the FREE product that another host earned and I rarely have a host that doesn't use her host benefits to the fullest anyway. Hosts EARN that by hosting.So she said, "Then you're NOT willing to replace my stoneware FREE like your note says you are." And I said no, I'm not... that's not something I can do.And then she hung up on me.Now... I need to e-mail her the upcoming specials because I told her I would but I need help with something to write. I don't want to blow her off because that will make it all worse. I can't think clearly now to write something appropriate so please help me!!! :angel:

GROSS!! Do you REALLY want to send her anything? I'd just as soon lose her info. She already purposely misread your first note. Ugh.

If you do feel the need to send her the specials, I'd keep it short and to the point.
Something like,

I completely understand why you are upset that you are in need of replacing your PC products. Sadly, things happen and it's unfortunate when there is not a protection plan that could help replace any lost items. The good news as I explained in our earlier call is that you can begin to replace your items for little or no money simply by hosting a show. If you host in August, you can even add our amazing cookware to your kitchen at 60% off (see attachment).

I thought long and hard about how to maximize your host rewards to restock your kitchen. What about a "Help Me Stock My Kitchen" Party? Friends and family can purchase an item for your kitchen as a gift, shop for their own kitchen and help you earn higher host rewards too!

If you like the idea, give me a call so we can select a date that works for the both of us.

OMG!! Lose her! Block her email address and block her phone number.
Call HO and tell them that she is harrassing you.
Do you seriously want to work with her? I can just see her booking a show with you just to get you to her house and trash you in front of her friends....RUN FORREST RUN!!!!

Colleen, you are so justified -- don't send her anything -- ever! Yikes! What a nut! So sorry!!!

I'm with Linda on this one all the way! RUN FORREST RUN! :D
(and don't look back and DO NOT feel ANY remorse!) Whack job she is!

Thanks everyone! I will take your advice and not communicate with her further. I guess I just thought if I didn't spend the special, I would make it worse.I know you're all right. I'll have to program her number so I don't answer next time she calls!!! :mad:

For future reference, a phrase that usually works is: I'm sorry there was a misunderstanding ... (you are not taking the blame, nor are you telling her she's an imbecile for not reading the whole context of the note). ;)

I think she's beyond the point where you can be nice. It's time to be short & to the point. If she keeps calling or e-mails you and you end up having to respond, here's what I'd say:
______, I'm sorry that there was a misunderstanding. What I was trying to convey previously is that Pampered Chef has amazing host rewards that allow hosts to obtain many of the items that they want for free and at a discount, depending on their show sales. If you are interested in doing a Cooking Show or Catalog Show I'm more than happy to be your consultant, but I need to make sure that you understand that I'm not in the business to buy products for customers nor is is something I can afford to do. It's your responsibility as a host to earn the benefits, just as I do as a Consultant. Pampered Chef doesn't give me a paycheck or incentives, it's something I have to earn. I'll be happy to answer any questions that you might have.​

Uggg, Colleen, I'm SO sorry!!!! This stinks. And I hate when things bug me to the bone and it's not even anything that I had any fault in!!!

The ONLY thought I had that would make any further communication/email to her make sense is then you could retype what you said in your note and clarify the misunderstanding (like Sheila said) and I guess apologize for her confusion?? (but it's not your place to apologize because you did nothing wrong!). Then it covers your @ss in case she claims to the HO that you promised her you'd replace everything for free. That was my only thought on why to have continued communication with her. But running as far away and as fast as you can makes sense to me too!

Good luck!

These are the kind of people that get deleted from my P3 contacts.So sorry she yelled at you AND hung up on you. And I LOVE your D's words. Working around things IS dishonest.

If you haven't done so already I'd call or email HO and make them aware of this exchange. This is the kind of person who will call and complain about you. Now once she opens her mouth they'll know she's crazy but it's always good to share your side first so they have a heads up and so you don't sound like you're defending yourself. Wouldn't hurt to forward email communications with her too.

bethcooks4u said:
If you haven't done so already I'd call or email HO and make them aware of this exchange. This is the kind of person who will call and complain about you. Now once she opens her mouth they'll know she's crazy but it's always good to share your side first so they have a heads up and so you don't sound like you're defending yourself. Wouldn't hurt to forward email communications with her too.

I agree with Beth make sure HO knows about this communication. Plus, ignoring her will make her more mad. I would also send her a letter telling her that you are not interested in working with her and she can look for another consultant.

Question 1: Answer my email, phone call, text, fb message! dammit!

This is a common frustration when working with a team. It's important to communicate effectively and in a timely manner. If your team members are not responding to your messages, try reaching out to them through a different method or setting up a designated time for communication.

Question 2: Seriously, you invited 'everyone you know' and not one of them rsvp'd to you?

It can be frustrating when you put in the effort to invite people to an event and they don't respond. Remember that everyone has busy lives and may not have had a chance to RSVP yet. Follow up with a friendly reminder and try not to take it personally.

Question 3: No-one wants to host? You have over 300 fb friends and NONE of them will host a party or pass a catalog?? Quit talking about stupid crap and ASK THEM to help you!!!!

Sometimes it can be uncomfortable to ask for help, but as a team member, it's important to support each other. Don't be afraid to reach out to your friends and ask for their support in hosting a party or passing a catalog. You never know, they may be waiting for you to ask!

Question 4: And to my Bride from last week's Pampered Bridal Shower.... I really need to get this show in tonight, call me back! argh!!!!

It's understandable that you want to close a deal quickly, but it's important to remember that your team members may have their own busy schedules and priorities. Be patient and follow up with a gentle reminder. Communication is key in a successful team.

Question 5: And to my MIA Catalog Host.... Do you think we can close this thing before the season is over?

Again, it's important to communicate with your team members and set realistic expectations. If you have a deadline to meet, make sure to communicate that to your host and work together to come up with a plan to close the catalog before the season ends. Remember, teamwork makes the dream work!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • PCwithStay-C