• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting Frustration at Missing Out on a Team Meeting

I just want to cry. In summary, the speaker is expressing their frustration about not being able to attend a team meeting due to their husband not being able to take time off work. They also mention how they have been to previous meetings and were looking forward to this one for more information on new products and to be recognized for their sales achievements. The speaker also discusses the importance of having a Hospitality Director closer to them, but currently there are none in their area. They mention trying to build their own team and possibly doing their own meetings in the future. Other speakers offer advice and support, with one mentioning the possibility of HO paying for their director to travel to train a team over 100 miles away. The conversation ends with the speaker expressing their difficulty
Jennie4PC
I just hae to get this out. I am so mad my DH knew that I wanted to go to my team meeting on the 21st and now we cant go cause he cant get work off. We live 3 hrs away and I have been to 2 cluster meetings since I moved away and they have both been the July shows. I wanted to go so I could get more info from her, I do know what the new products are but that is it. I was also top in sales for July and I know its silly but I was looking forward to the recognition:( . I know it seems silly but I never get to make them and probably wont go to another one till either I move closer or we move back to UT. thanks for letting me vent. I just want to cry.

Go without him :)

What you need to do is get a Hospitality Director closer to you ,call your Director or you can call HOand they will tell you wh is close to you.
Thats to crazy to drive 3hrs for a meeting . I love to go to meetings and in 8 years I may have only missed a few . This will really help your business. but if you have to drive that far sooner or later you will get tired of it..........

Hospitality definetly is key!!! I would have no business without my group! They give me SO much and treat me as their own. I also thrive on the recognition. Goofy yes but if it keeps you motivated then so what! Your director will need to contact HO for you. You may have to check out more than one other director who is willing to do hospitality in order to find one you click with. After my move I am an hr away from my hospitality but I still go to their meetings because I feel we are family. I know of a very sucessful director 20 min from me but again I am allready part of a wonderful family.

OK so of my soapbox! Just want you to know how wonderful Hospitality can be.

From what I understand there are no directors in my area. I actuallt had one lady who was a director ask for my info so she could pass it out. I cant go with out my DH because we will be in UT for 3 days then we will be going to ID for more vacation. I have to say this site keeps me going and gives me lots of ideas.

Jennine - sounds like you need to build your team and start doing your own meetings! I know at some level of directorship (not sure which one), HO will pay for your director to travel to train a team over 100 miles away - she can even do reverse travel and bring you there. Again, not sure what level your director needs to be!

Linda My family would totally be willing to babysit but we will be down there for a few days celebrating my daughters 1st birthday then the 24th of July which is a holiday there then we will be leaving for ID for 5 days. So its not really possible to leave him here while I go

cmdtrgd said:
Jennine - sounds like you need to build your team and start doing your own meetings! I know at some level of directorship (not sure which one), HO will pay for your director to travel to train a team over 100 miles away - she can even do reverse travel and bring you there. Again, not sure what level your director needs to be!

I think it's advanced when HO will do that.

I know that there are not any directors in your area because I got a HO lead for Elko!! So build that team and get those HO leads!

Melody do you actually drive out here when you get those leads? Right now I am slowly working on getting recruits but I am so horrible at talking about joining.

Jennie4PC said:
Melody do you actually drive out here when you get those leads? Right now I am slowly working on getting recruits but I am so horrible at talking about joining.

Your not alone.... Jennie.... I drive 3 hours to my cluster meetings.... in fact I am going tonight..... I also thrive on recongtion it is what helps. Do you have any recuriting materials from the supply order form? We will help you out....

Jennie4PC said:
I just hae to get this out. I am so mad my DH knew that I wanted to go to my team meeting on the 21st and now we cant go cause he cant get work off. We live 3 hrs away and I have been to 2 cluster meetings since I moved away and they have both been the July shows. I wanted to go so I could get more info from her, I do know what the new products are but that is it. I was also top in sales for July and I know its silly but I was looking forward to the recognition:( . I know it seems silly but I never get to make them and probably wont go to another one till either I move closer or we move back to UT. thanks for letting me vent. I just want to cry.

What were your sales?

Kate I misprinted the sales it was for June not July but In June I was 2573 only 400 away from level 2 in the sale a thon I am doing ok for July but still have 3 shows to close out so I am not sure where I will be for July hoping I will hit at least 2,000.

Jennie,

Here's some congrats to you for being top in sales from our team! I know what you mean about liking the recognition and I can tell you that Jennifer does mention you a lot and will still talk about you being top in sales and earning all those free products! I know it's not the same as being there and having everyone clap and cheer for you, but know that we still think of you! Congratulations again and great job!

Is it possible for you to "call in" to the meeting, even if it is just for the recognition portion? Maybe you could give your best tips and talk about what steps you took to get those high sales. Check with your director, she may be excited to have you participate in the meeting through speaker phone. Donna

1. How do I express my frustration about missing a team meeting without being disrespectful?

It is important to communicate your frustration in a respectful and professional manner. Instead of venting your frustrations, try expressing your disappointment and asking if there is a way to catch up on the information that was discussed during the meeting.

2. What should I do if I consistently miss team meetings due to scheduling conflicts?

If you have a consistent conflict with team meetings, it is important to communicate this to your team leader or supervisor. They may be able to find a solution or make accommodations for you to attend the meetings. It is also important to actively participate in any catch-up sessions or communication about what was discussed during the meeting.

3. How can I stay connected with my team if I am unable to attend a meeting?

There are many ways to stay connected with your team, even if you are unable to attend a meeting. You can ask for meeting notes or a summary of what was discussed, join in on any virtual meetings or discussions, and communicate with your team leader or team members to stay updated on any important information.

4. What should I do if I feel like I am missing out on important information by not attending team meetings?

If you feel like you are consistently missing out on important information by not attending team meetings, it is important to address this with your team leader. They may be able to provide you with alternative ways to stay informed or make accommodations for you to attend the meetings. It is also important to communicate any concerns or questions you have with your team leader or team members.

5. How can I prevent missing team meetings in the future?

To prevent missing team meetings in the future, make sure to prioritize them in your schedule and communicate any conflicts with your team leader in advance. You can also set reminders or alarms to ensure you do not miss any important meetings. It is also important to actively participate in any catch-up sessions or communication about what was discussed during the meeting.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• dannyzmom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
PamperedK
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • Malinda Klein