• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrated with My Team's Lack of Activity

In summary, this team leader is working very hard to recruit new members to their team, but they are only able to do so every other month and it is very frustrating.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
I have three girls on my team. Love them. They are great people. But they are simply working their business enough to stay active. Which means every other month, I only have one active person under me. This month I did nearly $2100 in sales myself but only one other person submitted, so I'm still not a Team Leader. It's very frustrating. I know I can only encourage them and help them reach the goals they want, but it's still frustrating that I can't reach my goals without them submitting.

Venting over......................hoping for another good personal sales month in May.

Re: Frustrating...........I have an active 4 memeber team, but they only do enough sales to be active every month. I am fine with that because that is what makes them happy. We need $2500 team sales to be a Team Leader and we can't get that. I work 60 hours a week right now at my full time job so I can't put myself out there as much as I want to to get the sales. So for now I will keep recruiting and hope together my team can eventually hit the goals needed for me to stay a team leader and eventually get to director.

Re: Frustrating...........how very frustrating and stressful for them!! I too at this point, try to stay active and not a lot more. Why do I say that every other month submission is stressful for them? Because while I will once in a while have an inactive month, I hate the stress of needing to submit by the last day of the month in order to keep my career sales. I try to be active every month to alleviate this stress.

All you can do is encourage them, but maybe remind them that if they make more of an effort to be active every month, they won't feel the stress of needing to submit sales by a certain date.

To Shelly:

My director has a team large enough to be an AD, but no directors under her. Her team is very wide, but not deep. When some of us finally promote to director though, she will not have to worry about losing her title. It takes more time, but in the end, a wide team is probably safter and better.

Re: Frustrating...........I have 13 people on my team and April was the first month I've had the 6 active recruits needed for directorship! :) Yay! Next month, I may go back to being paid as a team leader, but who knows?

Re: Frustrating...........Think wide & deep ... WIDE & DEEP! When you have the cushion there to fall on, you'll find it much easier to hit your goals each month. You CAN do it! ;)

Re: Frustrating...........I know the feeling...I have total 8 on my team....1 just gave up. last month, I was 1 person and $250 away from being a director ($5000)...This month, I said yep this is it. We had team sales of over $6500 with 3 people...what is going on....I know it happens and can't force people to run their business.....DEEP AND WIDE. I am hoping to recruit two this month (1 for sure) we r just waiting for the right time to get the longest days. I love what I do....Stress is never good related to your business, so I don't let it get to me. If money is a concern for you, just add up what you would have gotten and then it will take some stress off of you.

Re: Frustrating...........I really wanted to become a director, but I was ok with the time that it took. I really wanted a strong team rather than 6 people here and there. Key is to keep recruiting each month, even if it's just 1 new person. Not every one looks at the business the way you do. Right now I have 4 strong people with 2 that are hit or miss, but I do my best to help each of them every month. If they don't want to put the time in, then use that time to find more people to add to your team. Also...just be sure to keep up with them on their goals, encourage shows, or easy ways to put simply 1 show in. Selling 2 bakers will give them 1 show. 1 catalog show of their own. Remind them of the pc specials going on - 2 shows in a month, get a pc item. Make up your own specials for them...Go green by the 15th and receive pc dollars or an item of your choice. If you are unsure how to help your team, go to your upline, I'm sure they can help you to help them.

What should I do if my team is not participating in events or selling products?

If your team members are not participating in events or selling products, it is important to communicate with them and find out the reason for their lack of activity. Perhaps they are facing personal challenges or are not motivated enough. You can also offer them incentives or rewards for meeting certain goals to encourage them to be more active.

How can I motivate my team to be more active?

Motivating your team is essential to increase their activity. You can do this by setting achievable goals and recognizing their achievements. You can also organize team-building activities or offer training and support to help them improve their skills. Remember to communicate with your team regularly and provide feedback and encouragement to keep them motivated.

What resources are available to help me support my team?

There are various resources available to help you support your team. You can use the training materials provided by Pampered Chef, attend team meetings and conferences, and seek advice from experienced consultants. Additionally, you can connect with other consultants through online forums and social media groups to share ideas and support each other.

What can I do to improve communication with my team?

Effective communication is crucial in managing a team. To improve communication with your team, you can establish regular check-ins, use different channels such as email, phone calls, or video conferencing, and be transparent and open in your communication. It is also important to actively listen to your team members and address any concerns or issues they may have.

How can I address conflicts within my team?

Conflicts within a team can be detrimental to its productivity and success. As a leader, it is important to address conflicts promptly and professionally. This can be done by facilitating open communication and actively listening to both sides. You can also involve a neutral third party or seek advice from your upline or Pampered Chef's support team to help resolve conflicts. It is essential to promote a positive and respectful team culture to prevent conflicts from arising in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcsmilez
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Bren706
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
MaggieChef13
  • crystalscookingnow