• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Registered for Conference -- Which Workshops Did You Choose?

I also registered for:Promotion Pointers: Need-To-Know Strategies for Promoting Directors andRapid Results for New Consultants
jwpamp
I can't understand why they have Tammy Stanley again (not that she was bad, but been there done that)...so I chose the Team Recruiting and Promoting Director workshops.

Not too excited about the 'No' people again -- wish they would change things up every year. Need something new!

Also -- I didn't get anything off Conference, so it's full price for me this year -- yech!

I agree 100% with what you're saying Janice and I chose the exact same workshops!!! :D

I registered too. Hooray! I didn't see Tammy Stanley the first time so I am going to that one and also promoting director workshop as well.
Thankfully I earned it free.

I just registered... I liked Tammy Stanley as a speaker, did not regsiter for her class though. Also kind of "been there done that" with the Go For No people. I would rather have Tom Barrett back..

pcjenni said:
I just registered... I liked Tammy Stanley as a speaker, did not regsiter for her class though. Also kind of "been there done that" with the Go For No people. I would rather have Tom Barrett back..

Oh and I agree with all about the go for no people. They were great, but I would love something new as well.

pcjenni said:

LOVED LOVED LOVED Tom Barrett.

Larry Winget would be awesome too but he might be too "in your face" for a lot of people's liking... but his philosophy is an ass-kicker and really good!!!

I would totally love to hear Tom Barrett again!
I did sign up to hear Tammy Stanley again...I enjoy her energy and because I decided I would do one Team Training and one personal one... so it's Tammy and Promotion Pointers.

I know NOTHING about any of them! How do I know which one I want to register for??? Do you guys get with your teams, divide up the seminars so someone takes each one & then train one another afterward?

I decided to register for the Tammy STanley one, just because all the others I am sure wil be available in a MP3 format again and then I also took the upper level director one.

I really miss having three workshops...

I agree about the Go for No people...I found them to be a snoozer last year and am not looking forward to them again this year - . Tammy Stanley was GREAT but I already took her workshop...next?
I registered for:promotion Pointers: Need-To-Know Strategies for Promoting Directors
and
Rapid Results for New ConsultantsI am pretty OK at recruiting -- but I need to work on TRAINING my people and getting them off to strong starts...

The usual "Debbie Downer" (aka me) disagrees this time! I see that the Go for No people are focusing more on leaders this year and I love Tammy Stanley. Again, I am in the minority, but I found Tom Barrett to be a snoozer. I actually got more excited about going because of their speaker line up.

I do agree that we do need to have some different speakers.

Although there were more than 2 workshops I would have loved to take, I found the selection to be limited in subjects.

OK- i have a question! I just promoted to Director in April and was not qualified last month nor looking like I will hit it this month... so there is a good chance that by NC I will have demoted :( My team has fallen apart... so my question is, which workshops should I sign up for? Because if I am not an active director, I cannot take those right? Just not sure what to do?

baychef said:
The usual "Debbie Downer" (aka me) disagrees this time! I see that the Go for No people are focusing more on leaders this year and I love Tammy Stanley. Again, I am in the minority, but I found Tom Barrett to be a snoozer. I actually got more excited about going because of their speaker line up.

I do agree that we do need to have some different speakers.

Although there were more than 2 workshops I would have loved to take, I found the selection to be limited in subjects.

This is exactly how I felt too. I'm excited to hear more from the Go For No couple focusing more on leadership...and I've never had a speaker who I learned more from and who changed my business more than Tammy Stanley. AND I also was not that into Tom Barrett. I honestly can't remember anything that he said. :eek:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't really care for the Go for No people. It seems really soon to re-visit speakers. Especially those two. I'd love to see Belinda Elsworth again. I just love her energy! I saw Ilene Mcekley here in SA and really enjoyed her presentation. She's a little mellow and might put some folks to sleep, but her message is awesome. Painting word pictures to increase sales. Classic! I know this is crazy, but one year I really think Warren Buffet should come and speak to us (at least the Director training portion).

I would LOVE to see Warren Buffet or Belinda Elsworth! So funny how one person takes so much from a speaker and other nothing. I loved Tom Barrett.. adn who was the otehr guy we had a few years ago. Both changed my business. Took not a lot from the Go For No Couple because I am no afraid of no and never have been

Tony Allesandra!!!!!!!! He was fantastic.. I'm still using things we learned from him.

pcjenni said:
I would LOVE to see Warren Buffet or Belinda Elsworth! So funny how one person takes so much from a speaker and other nothing. I loved Tom Barrett.. adn who was the otehr guy we had a few years ago. Both changed my business. Took not a lot from the Go For No Couple because I am no afraid of no and never have been

You are so right... I have enjoyed them all ... had already studies lots of the materials from Go For No before NC last year so I'm looking forward to deeper things hopefully from them. I was so touched by Tom Barrett and have gleaned and used volumes from his information and CD's. His little book... I'll have to get the title, helped me help my DH to understand the world and mind of Direct Sales for which I'll always be thankful and Tammy's energy is infectious. I'm just SO PUMPED to be at NC that I'm unwilling to think a negative thought... sorry... hope that doesn't drive you all beserk! :) I have 4 team members going and that's the most I've ever had go so I'm just SO thankful!!!

They did the Go For No for Leaders at the Executive Retreat and then our upline used some of it (with permission) at our retreat in March. It was very different than what they did last year at NC and was very good!

almondfarm said:
I decided to register for the Tammy STanley one, just because all the others I am sure wil be available in a MP3 format again and then I also took the upper level director one.

I really miss having three workshops...
What I don't get is that now Conference is technically longer, but we get fewer workshops....I know people like to have time for 'fun' in Chicago, but seriously? In my opinion, this is a BUSINESS conference...just because we have fun in the process doesn't mean that it needs to be 'dumbed' down for those of us who are there to learn as much as possible. I'd be really honked off if I had to fly rather than ride the MegaBus in...I want my $$ worth.

I'll step off my soap box now.

::No offense intended to anyone of any denomination, creed, ethnicity, party, socio-economic make-up or anyone who truly likes handling returns for customers. There's room for all of God/Allah/The Universes' children right here on this thread.::

DebChefIA said:
What I don't get is that now Conference is technically longer, but we get fewer workshops....I know people like to have time for 'fun' in Chicago, but seriously? In my opinion, this is a BUSINESS conference...just because we have fun in the process doesn't mean that it needs to be 'dumbed' down for those of us who are there to learn as much as possible. I'd be really honked off if I had to fly rather than ride the MegaBus in...I want my $$ worth. quote]

Funny I just had this SAME conversation over dinner tonite with my AD. Hotel, airfare, meals and some spending money and all I want is to fill my brain with as much info as possible! I can stay up later if necessary to roam/have fun but throw in some more trainings with the greats of the company. If that's not possible, give us more recordings than just one from each topic. (And thankfully I got airfare at $254.00 as it was well over $300 and I'm sure many others paid much more.)

Chef Kearns said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't really care for the Go for No people. It seems really soon to re-visit speakers. Especially those two. I'd love to see Belinda Elsworth again. I just love her energy! I saw Ilene Mcekley here in SA and really enjoyed her presentation. She's a little mellow and might put some folks to sleep, but her message is awesome. Painting word pictures to increase sales. Classic! I know this is crazy, but one year I really think Warren Buffet should come and speak to us (at least the Director training portion).

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to hear Belinda speak live!

debchefia said:
what i don't get is that now conference is technically longer, but we get fewer workshops....i know people like to have time for 'fun' in chicago, but seriously? In my opinion, this is a business conference...just because we have fun in the process doesn't mean that it needs to be 'dumbed' down for those of us who are there to learn as much as possible. I'd be really honked off if i had to fly rather than ride the megabus in...i want my $$ worth.

::no offense intended to anyone of any denomination, creed, ethnicity, party, socio-economic make-up or anyone who truly likes handling returns for customers. There's room for all of god/allah/the universes' children right here on this thread.::

i agree completely!

KCPChef - fix it! Don't just watch it disappear down the drain, do what you need to do to motivate and/or recruit so that you can maintain your status. ;) Think WIDE and DEEP. You want way more than the bare minimum so you'll have a cushion if someone doesn't submit. :DETA: Disregard! I just saw your other post saying that you were stressed by the Director status & don't care if you keep the title. In that case, register for the TL & above sessions. ;)

Chefbeckyd said:
This is exactly how I felt too. I'm excited to hear more from the Go For No couple focusing more on leadership...and I've never had a speaker who I learned more from and who changed my business more than Tammy Stanley. AND I also was not that into Tom Barrett. I honestly can't remember anything that he said. :eek:

Me neither, Becky!

DebChefIA said:
What I don't get is that now Conference is technically longer, but we get fewer workshops....I know people like to have time for 'fun' in Chicago, but seriously? In my opinion, this is a BUSINESS conference...just because we have fun in the process doesn't mean that it needs to be 'dumbed' down for those of us who are there to learn as much as possible. I'd be really honked off if I had to fly rather than ride the MegaBus in...I want my $$ worth.

::No offense intended to anyone of any denomination, creed, ethnicity, party, socio-economic make-up or anyone who truly likes handling returns for customers. There's room for all of God/Allah/The Universes' children right here on this thread.::

I agree! If you want to see Chicago...then book an extra day by yourself and not have the entire conference set up that way. As it is, I will be taking the train and will be going back Friday night.

Always like Belinda, Karen Phelps is good and I have never seen Julie Ann Jones. I am sure there are more as well that would be good.

Tony Alessander was good and I also liked Jack Cantwell.

KCPChef said:
OK- i have a question! I just promoted to Director in April and was not qualified last month nor looking like I will hit it this month... so there is a good chance that by NC I will have demoted :( My team has fallen apart... so my question is, which workshops should I sign up for? Because if I am not an active director, I cannot take those right? Just not sure what to do?

Probably getting back to the basics of recruiting to get fresh team members before the rest fade into the sunset. Don't give up...get energized! You did it once and you will do it again! If you feel your party schedule is strong then building your team again is a must!:chef:

I thought the Go for No people were a snoozer too. Didn't hear Tammy Stanley the last time.

Okay, here's my 2 trainings:Top Recruiters Tell All 7/8/11 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Meet You at the Top! 7/8/11 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM

I loved Belinda when I saw her in Denver. She does have amazing energy! I also really loved Jack Cantwell- he may be my all time favorite out of the speakers I have had the privilege to hear.
ITA on the comment about Chicago. Come earlier or stay later. Oy.

Jack Canfield, that is the other guy I was thinking of.

pcjenni said:
Jack Canfield, that is the other guy I was thinking of.

YES Canfield! You are coe-reckt! I really liked him. He was good.

dannyzmom said:

She was at Leadership in Denver in Jan 2010 and spoke on stage. Maybe that's why they haven't brought her back? But doesn't make sense that they're bringing back the other two.

I don't know....

DebbieJ said:
She was at Leadership in Denver in Jan 2010 and spoke on stage. Maybe that's why they haven't brought her back? But doesn't make sense that they're bringing back the other two.

I don't know....

She was a speaker at conference a few years ago too. I don't know, maybe it's because I've heard her several times (I live in her home state, and I've also been to a few local events open to all DS where she has been the speaker) but she got really repetitive for me. Having her be the speaker wouldn't be that thrilling for me.

I liked Jack Canfield when he spoke but OH MY GOD I get a lot of emails from him...I'ce tried 3 times to opt out and it doesn't happen...

Nanisu said:
I liked Jack Canfield when he spoke but OH MY GOD I get a lot of emails from him...I'ce tried 3 times to opt out and it doesn't happen...
Yeah, I finally managed to opt out of his stuff.p.s. GO WHITE SOX! ;)

Am I the only CDN here? :)I loved loved loved loved Tom Barrett - we had him last year and I find him to be absolutely brilliant! Not a huge fan of the Go for No either - I'd be interested in hearing what you guys think of their Leadership focus. I do have to brag a bit and say we get Belinda Ellsworth this year!!! SO EXCITING! I've seen her live once before when I was brand new into the business so I can't wait to see her again!

Love Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz aka Go-for-No people. They have done some additional training with the Execs, maybe this is why they are back again. I think the concept of Go-for-No is brilliant and simple, but very hard to master. I believe if you live it you will succeed, but it is easy to lose sight and get discourage. Perhaps this is why they are coming back, because so many of us need a refresher. If you have not yet read their very simple book you should. If you are looking for one thing to impact your business it is their concept. Didn't hear Tammy the last time so I took her class as far as Belinda, she was fun, but honestly, I do not remember a single thing she said. It was more entertainment.

Why? Why? Why do we only get to choose 2 workshops????!! I want to take the 2 courses AND Tammy Stanley's seminar. Who will be taking Tammy's class? Can you please take good notes and share????!!

Chef Kearns said:
Why? Why? Why do we only get to choose 2 workshops????!! I want to take the 2 courses AND Tammy Stanley's seminar. Who will be taking Tammy's class? Can you please take good notes and share????!!

I know. There is a TL and above workshop I want to take too - I keep going back to registration and waffling on which ones to take. It's insane. :cry:

Chef Kearns said:

I am taking Tammy's class! I will do my best with notes :)

dannyzmom said:

I have seen Belinda at least 4 times & she has helped my business SO much! I also agree the Go for No peeps were Boring! Since I JUST promoted in April & this will be my 5th conference, I was just happy to get different classes. I've heard a lot about Tammy Stanley, so I'll see if shes as good as everyone says.... ;)

My upline said that 1 recording for each class will pop up on Consultant's Corner so that we can train at home after Conference in the classes we didn't take at the event. So even though it's not in person, we can still take all the classes. ;)

Sheila said:
My upline said that 1 recording for each class will pop up on Consultant's Corner so that we can train at home after Conference in the classes we didn't take at the event. So even though it's not in person, we can still take all the classes. ;)

Pretty much true - Except for the workshops done by special speakers (like Tammy Stanley, Go For No couple, etc...).

I always encourage my team to take the workshops offered by the Featured Speakers, because of that reason.

I have yet to register for Conference. Oops. Guess I should do that today! I wonder if the HO did a 2 year contract with the Go For No people and got a price break for booking them at the same time for last year's conference and this year's?? :confused: Maybe that's why we're seeing them 2 years in a row. I am glad to hear that if what they're presenting is more like what they did for Executives, then maybe this will be fresh information.

I never saw Tammy Stanley last year, so I may do that one. Not sure about the other. I'm curious what the HO's feedback is when people have been complaining that it seems like there are not enough workshops.....

Either way - I'm psyched. I have fun with my team (it's the same 3 going with me that usually go), so I'm looking forward to that. I always love going to conference (this will be my 9th) and although there have been LOTS of changes, Conference does a good job motivating me. (Now the trick is to come back and implement stuff). And I look forward to getting a little break from home just as much as going to Conference. :)

I registered and I chose Top Recruiters Tell All and Keys to Powerful Conversations with Tammy Stanley.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! Top Recruiters is Track B 12p-1p but I don't want to attend my uplines so if anyone knows of others (same topic) happening at the same time, I'd love to know so that I know how to change mine (keep the subject just different speakers). Jenni any insight on yours? I don't know what track you are.

And...for anyone with any doubts on Tammy Stanley...I heard her 2yrs ago at conference and I was in my first 30days of the biz. She blew me away! I have since purchased her audio series, done many webinars, watched youtube videos and even an all day seminar. She's real, down to earth and is not about the sales pitch - she gives content! Different strokes for different folks. Not everyone will think the same of her. I don't get the hype of some of the others that are out there but it depends on your style. She studies the psychology of they "why". Consumer Behavior was my all time fav course in college and she studies it for direct sales and then shares with all of us.

Well, I am super stoked to say that I just got off of the phone with her (she called me!) and I am even more excited for her presentation for leaders. She's spinning off of "Go for No" - how do we handle rejections and how do we process it and continue with our 'relationships'. Do we just try to get off the phone as quickly as possible? Do we know what to say? Do we know how to handle it? What about our team? Recruits? etc. When its a difficult conversation or topic where the result is not what we want, what do we do?

Please don't blast me if you get back from conference and say "I didn't like her" or "I don't see the hype". I'm just giving my two cents on a style that works for me! I like "no fluff" - "to the point" and most of all, I like "real" and "relatable".

I also cannot wait to get back and learn from everyone else as they share what they learned! I will be glad to type up any/all notes I take and I'm hoping others do the same since we can't all be in the same place at the same time. Yes, I'm a geek for learning. Knowledge is power!

Related to Registered for Conference -- Which Workshops Did You Choose?

1. What workshops did you choose for the conference?

As a representative for Pampered Chef, I am attending the conference with the workshops "Team Recruiting" and "Promoting Director" as my top choices. These workshops will provide valuable insights and strategies for growing my team and promoting leadership within the company.

2. Why is Tammy Stanley speaking again at the conference?

Tammy Stanley is a highly successful and experienced consultant for Pampered Chef, and her workshops are always in high demand. Her expertise and knowledge in the field make her a valuable speaker at the conference, and her workshops are always well-received by attendees.

3. Why do they keep repeating the same workshops every year?

The conference workshops are carefully selected to provide the most relevant and valuable information for Pampered Chef representatives. While some workshops may repeat, they are often updated with new information and strategies to keep them current and effective.

4. Is there anything new or different at this year's conference?

While there may be some workshops that are repeated from previous years, the conference also offers new and updated content to keep attendees informed and engaged. There will be a variety of workshops, presentations, and activities to provide a well-rounded and informative experience for all attendees.

5. Is there a discount for conference registration?

As a representative, you may be eligible for a discount on conference registration depending on your level and performance within the company. However, if you did not receive any discounts this year, the conference will still be a valuable investment in your business and personal growth as a Pampered Chef consultant.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • baychef
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
akaskydebil
  • jcsmilez