• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Regional Spring Launch Meetings? $50!?!?!?!?

In summary, the Regional Spring Launch meetings in Feb are $50 which is very expensive for most of the team.
kdangel518
Gold Member
Does anyone know WHY the Regional Spring Launch meetings in Feb are SO expensive? $50?!?!?! :yuck:

For me, it's worth it and the 90 minute trip to the closest meeting. I would not miss it. HOWEVER, for most of my team, they can not afford to pay the $50!!! We normally have one meeting for my Sr. Director's downline and it's $10-$15 for registration. That is very reasonable IMO. $50 is extreme if they are expecting a high turnout if you ask me.

Now, I know, it's an investment in your business. You can rub elbows with top sellers, get tips, learn things before everyone else does that's not there... again, I will be there, it's worth the $50 to me. I just think it's disappointing that they're doing these in lieu of downline spring launch meetings which are far less expensive and can reach a much larger crowd and motivate others who can not pay the $50.

Just curious if anyone knows WHY the high cost?:confused:

Ummm, well, I would imagine it's to cover the cost of renting a location for the meeting, covering the cost of lunch, and if there are any snacks/drinks available, plus materials and for home office staff to travel and teach the meetings. Also renting audio-visual materials. Probably other things that cost money in there too, but that's just off the top of my head.

ChefBeckyD said:
Ummm, well, I would imagine it's to cover the cost of renting a location for the meeting, covering the cost of lunch, and if there are any snacks/drinks available, plus materials and for home office staff to travel and teach the meetings. Also renting audio-visual materials. Probably other things that cost money in there too, but that's just off the top of my head.

I figure it's to cover all these costs as well, but that's what I don't understand. The times that we've had lunch included registration has been $25 max. I'm just shocked at how high the cost is, and disappointed that pretty much no one on my team will be able to attend because of the high cost :(

I will say that we don't typically have HO staff at our regional launch meetings, so that is the one thing I can see bumping up the cost in addition to lunch, etc.

Our Regional meetings have always been 50. When we get there, we have muffins,bagels,danish,coffee,juice.Its always in a hotel, we have raffles,give aways,prizes. A WONDERFUL lunch & dessert. To top it off, we have at least 1 or 2 guest speakers....:D

kdangel518 said:
I figure it's to cover all these costs as well, but that's what I don't understand. The times that we've had lunch included registration has been $25 max. I'm just shocked at how high the cost is, and disappointed that pretty much no one on my team will be able to attend because of the high cost :(

This is taking the place of Leadership Conference, so my guess is that this is going to be alot bigger and better than what you are used to with regional launch meetings. I've never known PC to do something that wasn't worth the $$ - and it's MUCH less expensive than National Conference, so a great option for people. If they know now how much it will cost, they can put away a little each week to save for it.

Keep in mind, with that $50 you'll be among the first to see all the new products. Just consider how much it would cost to go to Leadership.

ChefBeckyD said:
This is taking the place of Leadership Conference, so my guess is that this is going to be alot bigger and better than what you are used to with regional launch meetings. I've never known PC to do something that wasn't worth the $$ - and it's MUCH less expensive than National Conference, so a great option for people. If they know now how much it will cost, they can put away a little each week to save for it.

I totally agree. This is taking the place of Leadership so that more team members can attend. Registration for Leadership was $200, so $50 is well worth it. Plus, you won't have the hotel, etc that would be incurred with travel.

PC doesn't ever go half-hearted with something & I have no doubt that this will be the same!

Think of those of us who still have to get a $400 plane ticket because there are multiple places in one state (there are a few states that way) and the closest one is 13 hours away driving, but can't since there will be snow. I'm not bitter, but I'm going!

We usually get double back in what we spend when it comes to official Home Office Meetings. I'm not talking about HO coming to my town for a meeting that my director asked to visit. But all other official meetings like the ones with the Sales Reps that rocked!

Look at it this way. I would Never miss a leadership summit. Never. Ever. Every year just after Christmas I have spent $150-$200 for my registration fee, $150-$375 for my flight and $150-$250 for my hotel(depending where it was held and if I was forced to arrive a day early) and $50-$200 for food and taxis.

Usually, conference started at 1:00 on a Thursday, all day Friday and end at 1:00 on Saturday. We had basically 48 hours of intense learning.

It usually covered at least 4-5 meals...maybe more. We got nice gifts. But being hit up w/ even $300(I might have earn registration free) right after the holidays hurt. But, I know that I need the mid year boost to keep my business going strong. I have seen many directors opt out of going and then lose directorship because they lost their momentum.

To me $50 is a B-A-R-G-A-I-N!! Even if it's only covering doughnuts and coffee(it won't). What you will gain from the classes and energy is easily worth double that fee. This is a Home Office production that will sizzle and get your business booming! I think they kept the fee low so they could attract more people to the meetings.

If you really feel it's too high then call HO and tell them what you think. To me it's a deal because I know how HO does things. But, to others it might be a lot, and maybe HO needs to "sell the sizzle" of why everyone should attend and why this is a bargain. Really, call the 888#, take option 3 and let them know how you feel. If a lot of people do it then prices might go down. It's happened before...

Thanks SO MUCH for your feedback everyone! I didn't realize that this was taking place of Leadership and it's really wonderful that everyone has the option of attending! That puts a lot of it into perspective.As I said, for me, I don't even think twice... of course I'll be there! I'm just trying to figure out a way to market it to my team.One of them said "if I don't do well with sales and bookings this month and next I won't go." I know she's thinking she won't have the $$ to pay for it, but to me... that's the biggest reason why you SHOULD go!I really do feel that HO needs to market this more and help justify the expense. It's definitely going to reach the "go getters" but it's not going to reach those people who wouldn't normally push themselves outside their comfort zones and pay the $50 and drive the hours and hours to a regional meeting... even though it could be JUST THE THING that is the catalyst that motivates them and turns their business around... but that's a discussion for another day :(

Another thing I heard is that there is a limit on how many people can be at each location depending on where it is at. So they cannot have a ton of people there.

I agree with Elaine that this is a bargain. I am encouraging my whole team right now to save save save and working at instilling in them with great joy and excitement that this is just a bargain and not something they want to miss! It's a taste of National Conference for a low price and it may help some decide if they want to go ahead and commit to attending NC. For those who know that they cannot attend, it's a super boost that isn't far from home. I know that some will still have to travel and that is very hard. We can all drive and are blessed by that. Normally, we have to fly to nearly every event so we're glad for a break on that. HO spoils us so much and I know they will that day too! So lets all cheer one another on with loads of excitement and make every venue the best it can be by taking our passion for our jobs and showing the HO folks how great we all are!!!!!!! GO PC!!!!!!!!!

quiverfull7 said:
I agree with Elaine that this is a bargain. I am encouraging my whole team right now to save save save and working at instilling in them with great joy and excitement that this is just a bargain and not something they want to miss! It's a taste of National Conference for a low price and it may help some decide if they want to go ahead and commit to attending NC. For those who know that they cannot attend, it's a super boost that isn't far from home. I know that some will still have to travel and that is very hard. We can all drive and are blessed by that. Normally, we have to fly to nearly every event so we're glad for a break on that. HO spoils us so much and I know they will that day too! So lets all cheer one another on with loads of excitement and make every venue the best it can be by taking our passion for our jobs and showing the HO folks how great we all are!!!!!!! GO PC!!!!!!!!!

Diane has the best attitude, and she'll have most (if not all) of her team there! They can easily save $50 right now! The holidays are just around the corner, Simple Additions is on sale, we have great tools for helping others save money in the kitchen, tools to teach how to elegantly entertain and decorate... and so much more! And we all know hosting a show is a fun night with friends that can generate our hosts lots of products that she can use as gifts for the holidays!

Right now everyone should be able to have a booming November!! Unemployment is above 10% in Louisville right now, last year I let my negative attitude lower my sales dramatically. This August, when my attitude changed from "help me" to "let me help you" - so did my sales and bookings.

Henry Ford said: If you think you can. You're right. If you think you can't. You're right.

That was learned at one of my last conferences...and is so true.

So is this going to be limited as to how many people can go?? The only reason that I am wondering is because I will need to take the day off of work but I need to wait to see if anyone else has that day off..and that could take a few more weeks to find out.

I was thinking the same thing Heidi. Unfortuately I'd have to hire a nanny to take care of my kids since the closest one is 4hrs away. Since the kids go to school at different times and hubby being in the Navy- he could be home at 5 or 9 so I have to plan ahead of time and see who else is going to carpool. So $50 is great time but then have to budget everything else. :)

I'm fortunate! My meeting is in my own town and on the weekend! $50 / 3 months = ~$16-17 a month. Obviously, travel expense factors in greatly depending on location!! But $4 a week for the registration? If there is travel- try to share the expense as you would for NC? If that's the only event someone can go to sponsored by PC, it would be worth it. Since many can't afford or take off so many days to go to National Conf., it would be at least worth trying to go to this one!

I am really excited about this! Its my first month with PC and National Conference looks great, but too far away and out of my price range!!! BUt I am excited about the Regional Meeting! Any tips for a first timer?

I'm debating going...technically I'm still paying off Conference. :rolleyes: But I'd love to go!

jbdowd0798 said:
I was thinking the same thing Heidi. Unfortuately I'd have to hire a nanny to take care of my kids since the closest one is 4hrs away. Since the kids go to school at different times and hubby being in the Navy- he could be home at 5 or 9 so I have to plan ahead of time and see who else is going to carpool. So $50 is great time but then have to budget everything else. :)

Well, it would be much more difficult to do it for three days than just one or one and a half days. If you really want to go you will be able to find a way. A girl on my directors team once stripped her mother-in-laws floors so she would have a sitter for her 3 kids for 3 days. Her husband refused to "babysit" and MIL helped when she bartered services.

Offer to sit for a few "date nights" to any of your kids school mates parents in exchange for one day of carpooling.

I can all sorts of reasons not to go. But when it comes down to it the reasons to go far out weigh those reasons to remain at home.

babywings76 said:
I'm debating going...technically I'm still paying off Conference. :rolleyes: But I'd love to go!

Conference club for next year!

All I heard is that it totally depends on the location that they are holding the event.

1. What is the purpose of the Regional Spring Launch Meetings?

The Regional Spring Launch Meetings are annual events organized by Pampered Chef to introduce new products, share company updates, and provide training and support for consultants.

2. Who can attend the Regional Spring Launch Meetings?

The Regional Spring Launch Meetings are open to all Pampered Chef consultants. It is highly recommended for consultants to attend to stay up-to-date on new products and business strategies.

3. How much does it cost to attend the Regional Spring Launch Meetings?

The registration fee for the Regional Spring Launch Meetings is $50 per person. This fee covers the cost of materials, training, and venue expenses.

4. What can I expect to learn at the Regional Spring Launch Meetings?

At the Regional Spring Launch Meetings, you can expect to learn about new product releases, marketing strategies, and business tips to help you grow your Pampered Chef business. You will also have the opportunity to network with other consultants and learn from their experiences.

5. Can I bring a guest to the Regional Spring Launch Meetings?

Unfortunately, the Regional Spring Launch Meetings are only open to Pampered Chef consultants. However, you can invite potential consultants to attend as your guest to introduce them to the company and potentially join your team.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • chefjeanine
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • vtodd71