• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready for a Productive Spring? Join Us at Our Regional Meetings!

In summary, the Regional Meetings will be held this spring and attendees will be able to learn how to create a fresh and fun Cooking Show, fill their Show calendar every month, improve their recruiting results, and more.
vtodd71
Woohoo! They just announced via email the Regional Meetings.

Attend a Regional Meeting This Spring
This one-day interactive training event is led by the Home Office sales team and field leaders. You'll learn how to:

* Create a fresh, fun, interactive Cooking Show.
* Fill your Show calendar every month of the year.
* Improve your recruiting results.
* And more!

Save the date of the regional meeting nearest you. We'll announce online registration in an upcoming edition of Weekly Bites. Registration will begin at 8 a.m., and the meeting will take place from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Lunch is included. Cost is $50.

April 29
Sacramento, CA Albany, NY
Baltimore, MD Portland, OR
Lansing, MI Dallas, TX
Charlotte, NC

May 6
Anaheim, CA Omaha, NE
Denver, CO Pittsburgh, PA
Atlanta, GA Madison, WI
Boston, MA

I'm going to try and attend the Atlanta GA one since I'm only 5 hours away. Anyone else plan on attending any of these?

Last edited:
:cry: I'm sooo sad...there aren't any close to me up here in the Frozen Tundra!!! Madison is just too far away......... :cry:

*sigh* Guess I won't be going. Kind of hard for a parent to attend during the week while school's in. :(

As long as I can get my kids taken care of, I'll be in Madison.

Atlanta's only 3 hours away and I could conceivably stay with a brother-in-law nearby, but it's a TUESDAY!!!! :eek: School, homeschool, and all ther other mid-week crazies will keep me from going :cry:

Plus I have a show scheduled for the night before :D

Sorry, I got a little carried away with the smilies! :balloon:

Seriously! A weekday?!?!?!?! And nothing near Chicago so I guess I get to save money. :)

This might be doable...Verl, I wonder if our cluster could car-pool up there.

riggs62 said:
This might be doable...Verl, I wonder if our cluster could car-pool up there.

I already sent Margit an email about us doing something like that. I drive a Chevy Equinox and could easily fit 4 other people in my vehicle. I really want to go, especially since the July conference is up in the air. Let's do it! :D

I am stoked because I can actually go. Yeah! I thought it was when I had my booth, but it works out.:D

I'm surprised it's on a Tuesday. Only 2 hours away and good friend in the area, but hard with a kid! Hmmm...I'll have to see!

DebbieJ said:
Seriously! A weekday?!?!?!?! And nothing near Chicago so I guess I get to save money. :)

You are too spoiled! There is always something near Chicago!! :) ;)

;) Whenever they put the map up at conference for New Director Academy and Regional Meetings....Wyoming is in the center of the big blank NADA on the map!!!!:grumpy:

But I guess we do get to do Denver in January next year! Hope it isn't snowing like now! I-80 was closed both ways last night and my consultants in a town 15 miles away couldn't even make it for the cluster meeting last night!!:cry:

Jules711 said:
I'm surprised it's on a Tuesday.

I'm not sure why they couldn't do it on a weekend. I am sure there is going to be some that can't go because of this. I'm going to ask off for work and get permission from "The Mrs." and hopefully car pool with my cluster.

(Hijack)
Marlene-
Are you anywhere near Jackson, Wyoming?

I am actually in the Southwest Corner of Wyoming and Jackson is to the north of us. But I do go up there for shows. I think it is about 160 miles or so. But heck that's nothin when you live in Wyoming due to the wide open spaces!! You can drive and drive and drive!!!:)

I have a friend who owns a hair salon up there. I will pm you her info, just in case.

Omaha is 3 hours away, but a weekday would be tough!!

I'm thrilled:D :D :D
Boston here I come!!!

I know weekdays can be tough, but my thought is they do not do these on weekends, because then all of the people doing the training would have to work on the weekends. We are so fortunate to have flexible schedules with our businesses, but Home Office workers are part of corporate America.

I have been to training sessions similar to these in the past four years, and they are great! You will all learn so much, so definitely try as hard as you can to attend.

Lisa

ChefLisa said:
I know weekdays can be tough, but my thought is they do not do these on weekends, because then all of the people doing the training would have to work on the weekends. We are so fortunate to have flexible schedules with our businesses, but Home Office workers are part of corporate America.

I have been to training sessions similar to these in the past four years, and they are great! You will all learn so much, so definitely try as hard as you can to attend.

Lisa

Yes, and many of us are more likely to have a "show" on Saturday and work our business than a Tuesday too.

Amanda, Pretty sure I'll see you there! I am really hoping I can get some of my team to go also.

I really don't like how they do the trainings during the weekdays either. They should realize that in this business not all of us are stay at home mom's but alot of us work another job. There is no way I can take the day off even though one of them is within 2 hours of me. We have another training offered locally that is Thursday night and all day Friday. Really, how reasonable is it to give one option of a weekend? I'm already taking off 3-4 days in July for conference, I cannot take much more off.

They understand that everyone has differing schedules. They probably have to pick a day and time that works for the trainers.It can be just as inconvenient for a stay home Mom to take time off too. I would have to find someone to be there for my children in the AM and my daughter for her morning and afternoon bus time as well as someone to care for my son for the day. So it would have to be someone watching my children at my house for the day.

Most training in "corporate America" is on weekdays so nothing out of the norm there. If you work full-time like me too you can never make everything. You have to pick and choose what is important and feasible to you. I may or may not make this one. I am not going to wish it was on a Saturday because in my busy life that is just as hard too. I will just try to attend and if I cannot take off or make it, I can't. I WILL be at National though! :)

I hope we all realize that there isn't ever going to be a perfect time for everyone. I am not happy either that it is during the week since I'd have to take time off from work, using part of my personal time. You just have to weigh the advantages and ask yourself, "Is my business worth some personal sacrifice?" Besides, they are giving us several months to prepare so hopefully the majority of people can make prior arrangements.

Regional training is a chance for those who can't make it to Conference or Leadership a chance to get some training from HO.

I know that there won't be a perfect time for everybody but what about switching it up a little so that some of us have a chance. I'd rather book a good training day on a Saturday than miss work any more than I have to.

jrny2001 said:
I'm thrilled:D :D :D
Boston here I come!!!

I might try to swing that one too. Have to see how my PTO is looking by then.
It is sort of frustrating that there are no weekend times. I have to take time off from work to go (as I know many of you do) :(

Deb - Madison isn't that far from Chicago!

fikibiff said:
Deb - Madison isn't that far from Chicago!

I know, but it's still too far. I make the sacrifices to attend Nat'l and Leadership every year and I just went to a weekend retreat last fall put on by my NED, so I'm not going to sweat this one.

I'll be at the Dallas one (about a 20 mile drive WOOHOO) Any other Texans coming?

Ordinarily, I wouldn't have a problem with it being a weekday except while school's in. If it were in the summer, while school's out, no problem. I refuse to leave my kids to get themselves off to school. I'd guess other moms/parents have the same problem. It's a 4-5 hour drive for me so I'd have to leave the night before. Considering hubby makes a whole lot more than I do, I can't expect him to take off or go in late. It's disappointing but maybe there'll be other chances...especially if they would have it in Houston rather than Dallas. :(

DebbieJ said:
I know, but it's still too far. I make the sacrifices to attend Nat'l and Leadership every year and I just went to a weekend retreat last fall put on by my NED, so I'm not going to sweat this one.

Aw...I'm hurt...don't you want to come see me. :D ;)

vtodd71 said:
I hope we all realize that there isn't ever going to be a perfect time for everyone. I am not happy either that it is during the week since I'd have to take time off from work, using part of my personal time. You just have to weigh the advantages and ask yourself, "Is my business worth some personal sacrifice?" Besides, they are giving us several months to prepare so hopefully the majority of people can make prior arrangements.

Todd, I am so happy to hear your opinion on this post!! Way to keep positive!!:D :D

On another note....Just remember that there are a lot of us that would have to fly to make the trainings, so add on more $$$$$ to fly...and those of you who are close enough to drive might realize that it really isn't that bad!;)

Marlene-
It is truly a perspective issue.

There is a children's story Kumak's House. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0882405411/?tag=pfamazon01-20

When Kumak complains to the village elder that his home is too small, she advises him to invite rabbits into his house. They soon multiply, and the next illustration shows the family being crowded out of bed by the newcomers. Next, Aana Lulu tells Kumak to invite foxes in, and continues to encourage him to take larger and larger animals into his home. The family is eventually squished in with bears, caribou, otters, and a prickly porcupine. When she suggests that he take in a whale, he reaches the limit of his hospitality and kicks out all of the animals. Suddenly, there is plenty of room for Kumak's family.

Sorry if this seems random, but it seemed appropriate to me.

climbercanoe3 said:
Marlene-
It is truly a perspective issue.

There is a children's story Kumak's House. http://www.amazon.com/dp/0882405411/?tag=pfamazon01-20

When Kumak complains to the village elder that his home is too small, she advises him to invite rabbits into his house. They soon multiply, and the next illustration shows the family being crowded out of bed by the newcomers. Next, Aana Lulu tells Kumak to invite foxes in, and continues to encourage him to take larger and larger animals into his home. The family is eventually squished in with bears, caribou, otters, and a prickly porcupine. When she suggests that he take in a whale, he reaches the limit of his hospitality and kicks out all of the animals. Suddenly, there is plenty of room for Kumak's family.

Sorry if this seems random, but it seemed appropriate to me.

Kind of like the "Who Moved My Cheese" book. :rolleyes:

Janet-
Yes- and did you know that they have a version for kids too. I got it out of the library yesterday, but haven't read it yet. I was going to read it to them tonight.

fruit76loop said:
Todd, I am so happy to hear your opinion on this post!! Way to keep positive!!:D :D

I'm a positive person most of the time, however, I consider myself a realist too. Plus I speak my mind. I've always believed that everyone has the right to my opinion whether they want it or not. :D :D

Anywho, about traveling to the event, I can understand that some of you won't be able to attend because of the legistics. Asking people to attend an event mid week will be hard. I want to attend because this may be my only time I can make it to such a big PC event since national conference is still up in the air.

pamperedalf said:
I am stoked because I can actually go. Yeah! I thought it was when I had my booth, but it works out.:D
Amanda, you will be going to Sacramento, right? I am going to go also!! Did we already talk about where in Northern CA you are? I am in Petaluma.

Things that go "bump" in the night. :D :D

Come on. There has to be more of you people going.

I will be attending Omaha

I am going to the one in Pittsburgh! I live 2 hours away from Pittsburgh. I just have to find someone to watch my one year old. I am so excited to go.

I am going to Anaheim! I may not get to make conference this year cause I'll be HUGE prego, so thought this would be a good sub if need be. I approached it with my husband as "how'd you like to go to Disneyland for your birthday (may 17)" and since he jumped at once (like I knew he would) I then dropped that I had a one day training he'd need to occupy the three year old during... hehehe He didn't mind at all

I almost forgot about this - thanks!The closest one to me is Baltimore, MD, which is about 2 hrs. away. I'm going to see if anyone on my team wants to go. If so, I'm there! :)

Those going to Sacramento- please share what you learn! I'm in Monterey so to drive 2-3 hours on a school day isn't possible. My husband is in the Navy, goes to school, and with a 3yr old its tough to find people who can watch her all day, get my son from school and make sure DH is all set. Enjoy and share please!!! :) I too wish it was on a Saturday.

We have about 6 from our cluster going to Portland from Washington, YEA! See you all there.:love:

Don't think anyone is going from my cluster... nothing close enough to Cincinnati to make it only a one-day trip.

cathyskitchen said:
I almost forgot about this - thanks!The closest one to me is Baltimore, MD, which is about 2 hrs. away. I'm going to see if anyone on my team wants to go. If so, I'm there! :)
You live near me & I want to go too! working on my husband to watch the kids still. maybe we can all get together!

I am going to Sac and can't wait. DH is going to have take care of DS. I am looking forward to getting to know our new sales rep, since they moved Tracy.

1. When and where are the Regional Meetings being held?

The Regional Meetings will be held at various locations across the US on April 29th and May 6th. Please refer to the list above for specific dates and locations.

2. What will be covered during the Regional Meetings?

The one-day interactive training event will be led by the Home Office sales team and field leaders. Attendees will learn how to create a fresh and fun Cooking Show, fill their Show calendar year-round, improve recruiting results, and more.

3. How can I register for a Regional Meeting?

Online registration will be announced in an upcoming edition of Weekly Bites. Registration will begin at 8 a.m. on the day of the meeting and the event will take place from 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Lunch is included in the registration cost of $50.

4. Is there a specific dress code for the Regional Meetings?

There is no specific dress code for the Regional Meetings. However, we recommend dressing comfortably and professionally.

5. Will there be any other Regional Meetings announced in the future?

At this time, these are the only scheduled Regional Meetings. However, if any additional meetings are announced, they will be shared in future editions of Weekly Bites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SpiritdancerIA
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • esavvymom
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • ktraceyk