• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rectangle Stone Rack Question- -

In summary, a rectangle stone rack is a cooking tool made of natural stone that evenly distributes heat in the oven. It is used for baking and roasting various food items. To care for it, it should be washed with hot water and mild soap, and not used on the stovetop. To prevent food from sticking, it should be preheated and lightly coated with oil or cooking spray. It is not safe for use in the microwave.
its_me_susan
Is this an imperfect fit? My stone remains elevated, and does not fit all the way in like the round stone fits in it's rack. Is this a defect?

thats how the rectangle stone fits in the rack personally i never use the racks

The stone fits in the rack elevated so that it does slip out of the rack. If the rectangle stone fit down in the rack, it could easily slip out! And I use mine all of the time! Occasionally I get lazy and don't grab it out, and sure enough I burn myself!

I don't use the racks either. It's easier for me to just pull the stone out without the rack. Most of my customers prefer the racks so I always suggest a rack if someone is buying a stone.

I rarely use the racks, unless I have food close to the edges. For me it is easier, it is whatever is comfortable for you.
Amanda :D

I love the racks.... helps keep me from burning myself. I also LOVE to flip the rack upside down and put the stone on top of it (like a stand). Makes it easier for guests to see what I'm working on, and I think makes it look kind of cool. lol. I just wish it DID go all the way down ~ but feel better *knowing* it's not a defect. :)

1. What is a rectangle stone rack and what is it used for?

A rectangle stone rack is a cooking tool made of natural stone that is designed to evenly distribute heat in the oven. It is typically used for baking and roasting food items such as meats, vegetables, and pizzas.

2. How do I care for my rectangle stone rack?

To care for your rectangle stone rack, it is recommended to wash it with hot water and a small amount of mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers as they can damage the surface of the stone. Allow the rack to air dry completely before storing it.

3. Can I use my rectangle stone rack on the stovetop?

No, rectangle stone racks are not suitable for stovetop use. They are designed specifically for use in the oven. Using it on the stovetop can cause damage to both the rack and your stovetop.

4. How do I prevent food from sticking to the rectangle stone rack?

To prevent food from sticking to the surface of your rectangle stone rack, it is important to preheat it in the oven before placing your food on it. This will allow the stone to absorb some of the moisture from the food, preventing it from sticking. You can also lightly coat the surface of the rack with oil or cooking spray before use.

5. Can I use my rectangle stone rack in the microwave?

No, rectangle stone racks are not safe for use in the microwave. The high heat from the microwave can cause the stone to crack or shatter. It is designed for use only in the oven.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lockhartkitchen
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Sandibeach
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • cochef