• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes That Will Please the Pickiest of Men: A Couples' Party

In summary, the author is planning a couples party and a second cooking show that will be predominantly men, and she is worried that the men will be hesitant to try many of the recipes she has seen. She suggests recipes that have gone over well with men, such as meat and the grill, Sloppy Joes, and Cheeseburger Salad. She also recommends that the flier from last year be updated to include more pizza recipes.
SusanPC
I don't want to stereotype, but the guys in my household tend to be the picky eaters -- you have to sneak veggies in and almost force them to try something (even though 99% of the time they like what I push them to try, it is still a struggle, ESPECIALLY when it comes to my husband!)

We are planning a "couples" party and quite likely a second cooking show that will be predominantly men. I honestly think my husband is pickier than most, but I am worried that a lot of guys will be hesitant to try many of the recipes I've seen. I guess I can use my husband as an example ("He said he wouldn't like the Creamy One-Pot Pasta but he loved it") but was trying to get recipes you have used that have gone over well with men.

Any good suggestions? Thanks so much!

20 min. BBQ ribs!I've also had the "husbands" of the hosts like the following:Jamaican Jerk Nachos
BBQ Pork Tenderloin
Warm Nutty Caramel Brownies
PB Cup Trifle

Fajitas in the DCB! or Fajitas on the Grill - using the new grill basket to do the veggies, and then grill some chicken and steak.....

I would think that any of the Power Cooking recipes would appeal to men also.

I like Becky's ideas too. Meat and the grill (ok...throw those sissy vegetables on...as long as you have the MEAT!!!)

baychef said:
I would think that any of the Power Cooking recipes would appeal to men also.

I like Becky's ideas too. Meat and the grill (ok...throw those sissy vegetables on...as long as you have the MEAT!!!)

Guys do seem to really like those Sloppy Joes!

ChefBeckyD said:
Guys do seem to really like those Sloppy Joes!

:yuck: :yuck: Can you pass me the Maximum Strength Zantac please?!!:yuck: :yuck:

My husband loves sloppy joes -- the greasier the better. I absolutely cannot eat them!:yuck:

bump (any more ideas?) :)

I was thinking the Cheeseburger Salad might be good. It's a salad sure, but it's manly because it's a cheeseburger!

I have a cooking show in late April with mostly guys and I'm in the same prediciment. I was thinking the ribs too, but I'll keep my eye on this thread!

My hubby LOVES the Aloha Pizza - he requests it once a week for dinner! He loves BBQ chicken pizza, so this is right up his alley. Most of the men at my shows love anything I make, so I don't know if this helps, but I know my hubby is picky and he LOVES that pizza! :)

Pizza in general!!!!! My husband LOVES the pepperoni pizza twist (it is from an old Season's Best, but is in here under files) it is a very good "twist" on pizza!! LOL Sorry, that was "cheesy"....Did it again!!!
Anyway, my husband is very picky as well. The only veggies he eats are potatoes and corn and doesn't like Chinese, Japanese or Mexican foods. He loves meat and pasta!!! But not ricotta cheese, so no lasagna. Drives me nuts!! But I understand your dilemma. I would say the power cooking meals would be a hit also. Mine loved the sloppy joes and the stroganoff.

chefshawna said:
Pizza in general!!!!! .

I second that! My husband will eat any variety of pizza I make on the stone. He really likes the Italian Cheesy Braid from the "It's Good For You" cookbook. I recently made a stromboli on the Large Bar pan and he loved that too. I just rolled up genoa salami and provolone in a Pillsbury pizza crust and baked until it looked done. Big hit with the adults at my DD Birthday Party.
Jessica

1. What types of recipes can I expect to find in this cookbook?

The cookbook features a variety of recipes, including appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. All of the recipes are designed to appeal to even the pickiest of men.

2. Are the recipes in this cookbook difficult to make?

No, all of the recipes in this cookbook are easy to follow and use simple ingredients. They are perfect for busy couples or those who are new to cooking.

3. Can I use these recipes for a dinner party with friends?

Absolutely! These recipes are perfect for a couples' party or any other type of gathering. They are sure to impress your friends and family.

4. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in this cookbook?

Yes, there are several vegetarian and vegan recipes included in this cookbook. We wanted to provide options for all dietary preferences.

5. Can I purchase this cookbook online?

Yes, you can purchase this cookbook on our website or through a Pampered Chef consultant. You can also find it at select retail locations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• GeorgiaPeach
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
linzground
  • titus2mom