• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipes for Romance - Guys' Opinions

anything with crab is good in my book!What about the tuxedo brownie cups as they are light, easy to eat/handle, and has whipped topping and can have cherries or strawberries, etc. on top. Yes its more chocolate but those are good without being filling.Depends on your guy.Don't underestimate candle light and fresh flowers - (you can move them to accompany you to another room later!)Having some kind of chocolate like truffles, or chocolate mints or champagne and fresh fruit elsewhere... not at the table... is romantic, too.
susanr613
Gold Member
Hi again:

Thanks for the replies to my previous thread. Now there's a twist. The Surprise Party lady bought a chocolate fountain so there go all the chocolate recipes.

Now I'm thinking of savory foods....and would like a male perspective too. I'm thinking of a pizza recipe, like the pizza-teasers.

Whaddya think?

DH would think any recipe was romantic.....if I was serving it to him in a teddy!:DSorry Susan...I'm a bit giddy this morning!

Last edited:
LOL Becky, you're right...that's what the Surprise Party lady is for ;-)

I know my husband likes meat and potato type meals as a "nice dinner".Like tenderloin with Bourbon Cream Sauce...you could do tenderloin cut in bite-size pieces.
Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon...But of course, he is also like Becky...but would probably say serve it naked! ;)

janetupnorth said:
I know my husband likes meat and potato type meals as a "nice dinner".

Like tenderloin with Bourbon Cream Sauce...you could do tenderloin cut in bite-size pieces.
Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon...

But of course, he is also like Becky...but would probably say serve it naked! ;)

Um, yeah....I was trying to be more lady-like....but since you threw it out there.....!:D:eek::p

janetupnorth said:
I know my husband likes meat and potato type meals as a "nice dinner".

Like tenderloin with Bourbon Cream Sauce...you could do tenderloin cut in bite-size pieces.
Filet Mignon wrapped in bacon...

But of course, he is also like Becky...but would probably say serve it naked! ;)

And just for clarification.....he's like my DH, not like me!:D;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Um, yeah....I was trying to be more lady-like....but since you threw it out there.....!:D:eek::p

I just remind him that as long as it's only me he's looking at it's all good...

...and he reminds me that I should be glad my husband is always interested in me.

ChefBeckyD said:
And just for clarification.....he's like my DH, not like me!:D;)

Yeah, I was going to correct that but you already quoted it!

Eric loooooooooves pizza, but I'm not sure if he'd think it was romantic.... hmmm....

Just asked DH and he said as long as he's eating the meal with me it doesn't matter what's being served!!

What a sweety :)

rennea said:
Just asked DH and he said as long as he's eating the meal with me it doesn't matter what's being severed!!!What a sweety :)
:eek:A Lorena Bobbitt story flashback came through my mind...Yikes! :eek::eek::eek:Severed?!?! :yuck::yuck::yuck::yuck:

Oh god what's on my mind today!!

ok....you are not being AT ALL helpful....just darned funny!

i checked with the ex and he concurred that pizza is not romantic. so, we're just going to go into chocolate overload and make the cake in the 8" saute pan. i'll leverage it for september bookings :)

Susan I think men just love food and if your making it for them even better.

yes i agree....<sigh>

All I have read on Italian Herbs leads me to think that they are all love pills! It's not the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie... it's the herbs baby! Don't smoke them though! Haaa! Good luck!

tip for cleaning chocolate fountain
Do not pour leftover chocolate down the drain it will harden The PTO borrowed mine and dumped it down the school drain I was at a show but they had major plumbing problems

Teresa Lynn said:
tip for cleaning chocolate fountain
Do not pour leftover chocolate down the drain it will harden

The PTO borrowed mine and dumped it down the school drain I was at a show but they had major plumbing problems

OK NOW THAT"S FUNNY:D
OK since I am a male...last time I checked, and I do all of the cooking in my house.
1. children no where to be found !!!!:baby:
2. some nice simple music, nothing to sappy:sing:
3. light dinner nothing to hardy, don''t want to fall asleep right away...:indif:
4. light dessert (use you imagination...):rolleyes:
5.um...well..I am sure you can figure out the rest...:D
um hope this helps...

lol yall are funny about this!!

What about the tuxedo brownie cups as they are light, easy to eat/handle, and has whipped topping and can have cherries or strawberries, etc. on top. Yes its more chocolate but those are good without being filling.

Depends on your guy.My wife and I always check with one another about a week before birthdays and anniversary what we want to do - One of my favorite romantic meals is any kind of steak or chop with some type of sauce - dijon, Steak Dianne, Holandaise (not often), Worchestershire thickened w/ cornstarch, herbed butter, blue cheese sauce... Plus some kind of green salad for balance and some LIGHT dessert.Don't underestimate candle light and fresh flowers - (you can move them to accompany you to another room later!)Having some kind of chocolate like truffles, or chocolate mints or champagne and fresh fruit elsewhere... not at the table... is romantic, too. I've done a "cook a romantic meal for your wife" class with 5-7 guys and made a yummy crab-stuffed chicken breast with basil cream sauce that is RRRrich but snazzy - the couple of guys who've reported back said their wives were just gaga that they were cooking at all.A fun warm weather romantic idea is a picnic - surprise him, or include him if he likes planning things. Be sure to bring an ample ground cloth in some kind of bright color, chilled wine or champagne, fresh crusty bread and butter or brie cheese, fresh fruit, some kind of picnic protein and simple dessert. You can incorporate fresh flowers in a rustic way, and candles - in a hurricane chimney or in a surrounded container.Again it depends on your guy - some men would be all over cold beer right from the can and pickled herring from the jar or pickled eggs or brats hot from the street vendor-- talk with your man: the brain is the first s_x organ. (Did I say that? Not actually... In some other post sometime I'll tell you about the organ recital. LOL not what you think!)

scottcooks said:
Depends on your guy.My wife and I always check with one another about a week before birthdays and anniversary what we want to do - One of my favorite romantic meals is any kind of steak or chop with some type of sauce - dijon, Steak Dianne, Holandaise (not often), Worchestershire thickened w/ cornstarch, herbed butter, blue cheese sauce... Plus some kind of green salad for balance and some LIGHT dessert.Don't underestimate candle light and fresh flowers - (you can move them to accompany you to another room later!)Having some kind of chocolate like truffles, or chocolate mints or champagne and fresh fruit elsewhere... not at the table... is romantic, too. I've done a "cook a romantic meal for your wife" class with 5-7 guys and made a yummy crab-stuffed chicken breast with basil cream sauce that is RRRrich but snazzy - the couple of guys who've reported back said their wives were just gaga that they were cooking at all.A fun warm weather romantic idea is a picnic - surprise him, or include him if he likes planning things. Be sure to bring an ample ground cloth in some kind of bright color, chilled wine or champagne, fresh crusty bread and butter or brie cheese, fresh fruit, some kind of picnic protein and simple dessert. You can incorporate fresh flowers in a rustic way, and candles - in a hurricane chimney or in a surrounded container.Again it depends on your guy - some men would be all over cold beer right from the can and pickled herring from the jar or pickled eggs or brats hot from the street vendor-- talk with your man: the brain is the first s_x organ. (Did I say that? Not actually... In some other post sometime I'll tell you about the organ recital. LOL not what you think!)
Do tell sometime IF it involves instruments...believe it or not I have 2 organs in my little 2 bedroom house. 1 is 119 years old. ;)
Otherwise, sounds like a brain game... ????

Wow Scott...now I wish I was dating someone so I could follow your instructions! On the other hand, a "cook for your sweetie" theme party sounds great!

The open house was ok...I made the skillet cake which was a hit, but then the Surprise Party lady droned on for an hour showing every one of her products. On the bright side, I did secure an October booking which will most likely turn into a 1k plus show.

Thanks again for all your help!

1. What type of recipes are included in "Recipes for Romance - Guys' Opinions"?

The recipes in this collection are a mix of savory and sweet dishes that are perfect for a romantic evening. They include appetizers, entrees, and desserts that have been taste-tested and approved by men.

2. Are the ingredients for these recipes easy to find?

Absolutely! We understand that not everyone has access to specialty ingredients, so we made sure to include recipes that use common and easy-to-find ingredients. You won't have to spend hours searching for rare spices or obscure vegetables.

3. Can these recipes be made by beginner cooks?

Yes, these recipes are designed to be accessible for all levels of cooking experience. Each recipe comes with detailed instructions and tips, making it easy for even a novice cook to create a delicious and impressive meal.

4. Are there any vegetarian or vegan options in this recipe collection?

Yes, we made sure to include vegetarian and vegan options in this collection. We understand that not everyone eats meat, and we want to make sure that everyone can enjoy a romantic meal.

5. Can these recipes be customized to fit dietary restrictions?

Many of the recipes in this collection can be easily customized to fit dietary restrictions. For example, you can substitute dairy-free milk for regular milk or use gluten-free pasta instead of regular pasta. We also provide suggestions for substitutions in each recipe.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • jessinthekitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • pampchefsarah