• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Needed Something Chocolate

In summary, Amanda is thinking about doing a Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump cake for her show on Thursday. She is also thinking about taking some gift ideas with her. She recommends other tools that can be used in the cake, such as the flour, sugar shaker, food chopper, egg slicer, ice cream dipper, and EAD. She also recommends using the quick fudge recipe and leaving the lid on the DCB.
chefheidi2003
Gold Member
I have a show next week the host is someone that I work with. She said about me making the potato chowder. I was very happy about that because it would be a great way to show the DCB. Well, today she tells me that she would rather have me do a dessert..something chocolate. Any suggestions. I would still love to do something that shows the DCB in the microwave.

Haha! Molten lava cake in the DCB. Mix a devil's food cake mix in the magic pot according to the package directions. I use the mix n masher to stir because it breaks up the egg yolks. Then take a tub of chocolate frosting and dump the whole tub into the cake. I put the lid on and put it in the microwave for 10 minutes. I have sold 122 bakers this year- 30 of them since I started doing the lava cake in August.

Do you dump the whole tub of icing right in the middle of the cake?? Or do you dolops all around the cake with the scoops?? And then do you just flipped it out onto a platter??

Last edited:
I dump it all in the middle and I don't flip it out. That takes away from the "oven to table ready" pitch I throw in with it. :)

Thank you. I am going to try this out here at work tomorrow to see if we like it.

I am thinking that I will take some gift ideas with to the show as well..that way I have a few more items to show..since this doesn't show many

Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump Cake!

A chocolate cake mix - made according to box instructions. Dump this in the DCB. With a medium scoop - scoop a can of chocolate frosting over the top. Then scoop a cup of peanut butter over the top.

Bake in Micro for 11-12 minutes. Scoop out onto plates or bowls and serve with ice cream. YUM!

We have a winner..LOL

I just made the Chocolate Peanut Butter Dump cake..and we all liked it..so that is what I will be making for my show on Thursday

U can show some additional tools making the cake with garnishing it. Use flour.sugar shaker to sprinkle powdered sugar, food chopper to put nuts on or on side for guests to put on if they want, egg slicer plus for sliced strawberries, ice cream dipper for ice cream, EAD for cool whip, plus you have the DCB, small scoop, Scrapers, batter bows or stainless mixing bowls. Plus you can also grate chocolate over top with microplane or rotary graters! Shows a TON of products!!!

wow..I thought it was overly sweet as it was..definately won't be grating extra chocolate..LOL

we put the ice cream with it..and i think that that was a definate MUST.

I am thinking about making the quick fudge while everyone is coming in. That way I will be using the EAD while they are coming in. But I do like the idea of the cool whip instead..I do love the idea about using the chopper for nuts and I would probably put them on the side for people to garnish with..maybe i will do some strawberries on the side as well..thank you for the great ideas.

I read somewhere that the Molten Lava cake needs to sit for 30 mins. before serving. Is that true? I have a host that wants to do the 30-min. chicken, then clean out the DCB and throw the cake in. Would I be able to do that and get the cake served in a reasonable amount of time?

Thanks!

I haven't done those 2 recipes back to back before. I think I'd be nervous that it would take too much time. Maybe if you made the chicken when you arrived, then people could smell it cooking as they come in. Then they'll see the finished product and you can explain what you did. Then you could clean it out and do the cake. I'd definitely try it out at home first to be sure it flows easily for you. Plus, remember to be careful cleaning your DCB, you need to wait till it's cooled off. I heard some people say they just wipe it out, but I'd be afraid of the garlic/onion/whatever flavor you use for the chicken (plus the chicken flavor itself) would retain until it was actually washed. Sounds like experimentation time for me. :D

Thanks Amanda for your thoughts.

When you do the cake, how long do you generally let it sit for before you let people dig in?

Do you leave the lid on the DCB when doing these cakes?

Heidi, how do you use the ead with the quick fudge?

1 bag of chocolate or peanut butter chips
1 tub icing

melt the chips add the icing stir it until it is smooth..then put it in the EAD and put the star tip on it..it makes great little pieces of fudge when you put it out like a little kiss on wax paper

Has anyone ever done a lava cake in the Deep Covered Baker using a spice or carrot cake mix and cream cheese frosting? I've been thinking about trying a cake in mine, and thought this sounded really yummy, too!

lanelly7 said:
I read somewhere that the Molten Lava cake needs to sit for 30 mins. before serving. Is that true? I have a host that wants to do the 30-min. chicken, then clean out the DCB and throw the cake in. Would I be able to do that and get the cake served in a reasonable amount of time?

This is what I've been doing for most of my shows since August. I do the chicken in the DCB, whip up Garlic Bites while the chicken cooks, do my schpeels while both are cooking. Cut and serve the food and while guests eat and look at catalogs I clean out the DCB and whip up the cake (talking to them about what I'm doing and making them drool LOL).

I don't let the cake sit other than maybe a couple of minutes depending on if I'm talking to a guest when it's finished or not. I take it out, dish up a plate and show the guests. Then I let them dig in and help themselves! I usually can check-out guests while they are eating the cake.

It does make the demo longer since obviously the chicken alone is 30 minutes but the combination has made such an impression on people that no one has been bothered by the longer show time. In fact guests are usually really anxious to see how the cake comes out, especially after being wowed by the chicken.

Paula R. Lewis said:
Has anyone ever done a lava cake in the Deep Covered Baker using a spice or carrot cake mix and cream cheese frosting? I've been thinking about trying a cake in mine, and thought this sounded really yummy, too!

Yes. I've done spice cake and cream cheese frosting. It's yummy but I still prefer the chocolate lava cake hands down. But I think there's just something universally appealing about gooey chocolate vs. spice cake/carrot cake.

One of these days I'll try chocolate cake with cream cheese or vanilla frosting to for that oreo flavor!

MIchelle,
i know this is off subject but still trying to see how people cut up and serve the whole chicken without a big mess?
thanx
laurie

lauriedip said:
MIchelle,
i know this is off subject but still trying to see how people cut up and serve the whole chicken without a big mess?

Well, I don't know that I can say it's without a big mess LOL I show the chicken to the guests and I emphasize how much juice is in the DCB, that they could use that to whip up a side of Stove Top Stuffing if they wanted to! But I also tell them, I want you to see it while it's pretty because once I start cutting into it, it gets ugly!

Sometimes I'll even joke that while I have now fallen in love with cooking a whole chicken, I still don't like cutting it!

I use the Large Grooved Cutting Board because that at least contains all the juice (and I make sure the point that out to the guests!). Then I cut off the legs and wings, either with a knife, with the kitchen shears, or sometimes the wings will just pop off easily. And then I slice the breasts and work my way through the chicken. There's a good video on CC about cutting a chicken that would be helpful too.

I serve the chicken slices/pieces of meat on a Dots Medium Platter.

Hppe that helps!

1. What are some chocolate recipes that use only a few ingredients?

One of our most popular chocolate recipes that only requires a few ingredients is our 3-Ingredient Chocolate Mousse. All you need is heavy cream, chocolate chips, and vanilla extract. Simply heat the cream until hot, pour over the chocolate chips, and stir until smooth. Then, add in the vanilla extract and refrigerate until set.

2. Can you recommend a chocolate recipe that is gluten-free?

Yes, we have many delicious gluten-free chocolate recipes. One of our favorites is Flourless Chocolate Cake. This rich and decadent cake is made with almond flour instead of traditional flour, making it completely gluten-free.

3. What is a good chocolate recipe for a crowd?

If you need a dessert that will feed a large group, we recommend our Chocolate Brownie Trifle. This recipe layers chocolate brownies, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream in a trifle dish for a delicious and visually stunning dessert that serves a crowd.

4. Are there any healthy chocolate recipes?

Absolutely! Our Dark Chocolate Avocado Mousse is a healthier alternative to traditional chocolate mousse. Avocado adds a creamy texture and healthy fats, while dark chocolate provides antioxidants. It's a guilt-free dessert option.

5. Can I make a chocolate recipe in my slow cooker?

Yes, there are many chocolate recipes that can be made in a slow cooker. One of our favorites is Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake. Simply mix together a chocolate cake mix, pudding mix, and a few other ingredients, and let it cook in the slow cooker for a delicious and easy dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• HealthNut
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • PamperedK