• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recipe Ideas for Awesome Fundraiser and Prayer Request in One

In summary, Dawn is doing a fundraiser for her sister in laws ladies group. They are doing a fundraiser for a young lady (29 years old) that has cancer. She was 35 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child and in a lot of pain in her pelvis and back. They decided to do a c-section thinking it was something else causing the pain. After running test in the hospital she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer AND metastatic disease (cancer had spread) to her pelvis, spine, and I believe stomach..... Needless to say at age 29, diagnosed with cancer after delivering a baby 5 weeks early is a lot on one person/family. Dawn is going to give back her commission also and only keep enough to pay
PamperedCaniac
I am doing a fundraiser for my sister in laws ladies group. They are doing a fundraiser for a young lady (29 years old) that has cancer. She was 35 weeks pregnant with her 3rd child and in a lot of pain in her pelvis and back. They decided to do a c-section thinking it was something else causing the pain. However after running test in the hospital she was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer AND metastatic disease (cancer had spread) to her pelvis, spine and I believe stomach..... Needless to say at age 29, diagnosed with cancer after delivering a baby 5 weeks early is a lot on one person/family. I ask that you please lift the Walker familyup in your prayers and I want to make this fundraiser a great success.... I am going to give back my commission also and only keep enough to pay for my books and receipts. However I need some good recipe idea that are not too expensive, taste great, and feed at least 20+ people. They will need an appetizer food and a sweet treat too! This money is going towards a van to the Walker family and I just want this to be great!

Also I must say that the Walker family has not lost their faith in Christ and have put everything in his hands! What a great family and they need every prayer they can get!

Greek Cheese Torta is a great appetizer to serve a lot of people. Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte is great for a large group because the ingredients are cheap and it feeds alot because it's so rich.

The Walker family is in my prayers.

I agree the Greek Cheese Torta is great for a large group.

Thanks! I have never tried/made the Greek Cheese Torta but I may just give that a "taste test" this weekend! :)

Just wanted to let you guys know that my fundraiser is Saturday and web orders stand at $408 as of tonight!! Yeaahh!!! Also we decided on baking bacon on the large bar pan to make BLT's and then I am doing a cin. breakfast sweet bake for the sweet treat! They are also bring fruit and 2 loaves of bread! So I will show our wonderful lettuce knife, tomato knife, cutting board, the rectangular baker and so many other ideas this way!! I plan on bringing sweet tea too so that I can show off the mini micro cooker and quick stir pitcher. I pray this will be an awesome event and not for me but for the family! :)

My fundraiser total was $1252.00!! Yeahh!!!!!

Way to go Dawn! The family I am sure is grateful, and I am sorry I missed the thread earlier, but I will keep them in my prayers!

1. How can we incorporate prayer requests into our fundraiser?

One idea is to have a designated prayer station where people can write down their prayer requests and place them in a basket or jar. During the event, you can have a moment of prayer for these requests. Another option is to include a prayer card with each purchase, allowing customers to write down a prayer request and return it to you.

2. What types of recipes are best for a fundraiser?

Recipes that are simple, easy to make, and use affordable ingredients are great options for a fundraiser. Consider dishes that can be made in large quantities, such as casseroles, soups, or sandwiches. You can also offer a variety of options, such as vegetarian or gluten-free dishes, to appeal to a wider audience.

3. How can we make our fundraiser and prayer event stand out?

Consider adding a theme to your event, such as a potluck or a cooking competition. You can also offer unique recipe ideas, like a prayer-themed dessert or a dish inspired by a biblical story. Additionally, consider partnering with a local charity or organization to raise awareness and support for a cause.

4. What are some tips for promoting our fundraiser and prayer event?

Utilize social media to spread the word about your event. Create a Facebook event and invite friends and family, post on Instagram and Twitter using relevant hashtags, and reach out to local churches or organizations to help spread the word. You can also create flyers or posters to hang in your community.

5. Can Pampered Chef provide any resources for our fundraiser and prayer event?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of resources to help make your event a success. You can browse our recipe library for inspiration, use our fundraising tools to track sales and donations, and even host a virtual cooking party where a portion of the sales can go towards your fundraiser. Contact your Pampered Chef consultant for more information and support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PamperedDor
  • Morgan032032
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • lwetch
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies