• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fundraiser for a Single Person?

You can do a fundraiser for an individual but they have to have a bank account set up for donations. A lot of times friends and communities start funds for kids with cancer or accidents or families of people who are terminal or die. You just can't have the check go directly to a person.Beth,Can you explain to me how that would work? I've never done a fundraiser, and was recently approached about doing one for a friend's co-worker who has passed away and the family is struggling with funeral costs.You can do a fundraiser for an individual by using their name, then donating all the commission.
Candice
My 33 cousin was diagnosed with breast cancer in April, May 11th she had a double mastectomy and shortly after started chemo/radiation. She had to quit her job, because she can't work (she's WAY too sick), she's a single mother of 3 children (ages 14, 7, and 5), her car broke down (like there's no fixing it she needs a new car) 2 months ago and her sister has been driving 2+ hours each way to bring her groceries, food, taking her kids to school since she doesn't live in a bus district and she's about to lose her house.

I WANT TO HELP!!!!!!! How can I hold a PC fundraiser for her if she's not involved in any church or major organization? It would be all online, since I live in a different state.

Any ideas???

Well, since you can't do a normal fundraiser, you could do a catalog show and donate your entire commission to her, as well as the free product value.

My brother had a fundraiser to earn spending money for his band trip. I gave him my entire commission and used the fpv for myself. You can do what you wish with the fpv by using it or giving it to her, but donate all the commission. Another thing is using the fpv to buy products and raffle them at a holiday event in your area (Gift fairs, etc) and give her the raffle money as well.

Yes, you can donate more with a Catalog Show and donating your commission. I love Shelby's idea to auction off the FPV!

You can do a fundraiser for an individual but they have to have a bank account set up for donations. A lot of times friends and communities start funds for kids with cancer or accidents or families of people who are terminal or die. You just can't have the check go directly to a person.

Beth,Can you explain to me how that would work? I've never done a fundraiser, and was recently approached about doing one for a friend's co-worker who has passed away and the family is struggling with funeral costs.

I do them all the time. Just use the person's name then fund.
If it was for me it would be Bobby Mayo Fund. They do need to be able to cash a check. I donate my commission to all fundraisers.

So, Bobby, in your example - we would list the organization as the Bobby Mayo Fund - - - but then who does the check get made out to? Bobby Mayo or Bobby Mayo Fund?

PCLaurel said:
So, Bobby, in your example - we would list the organization as the Bobby Mayo Fund - - - but then who does the check get made out to? Bobby Mayo or Bobby Mayo Fund?

The check would be made out to "Bobby Mayo Fund" (whatever the account is officially called).

If you call HO they can help you with the details. The main thing is that the check can not be written to an individual but if they set up any kind of fund for donations the check can be written to that.

It's not a bad idea for them to do that anyway as others may want to donate to help them too.

I did one last year for "Emily Donovan Fight Against Cancer Fund". Which was for a beautiful little 4 yr. old in our community who was battling this awful disease. We did it and I also donated % of my commission.

Since order was sent to me, check also can made out as I said above to my address and then I took to bank and deposited so family didn't have to deal with that.

Sadly our Princess Em lost her battle, but we've also done a small fundraiser "For the Love of Emily" and that's for dance scholarships as she loved to dance and would have been dancing this year.

There's lots of ways you can do. One thing I've done personally, picked a few "favorites" and said for everyone one of these sold, I'll donate $1.00 for each sale....like the large Bar Pan, DCB, etc. and that means they'll make the % and a $1.00 from you, which is MORE than the % from a Bar Pan for example, but adds up quick.

HTH,

Lisa

I was actually coming to post this same question. My coworkers 5 yo daughter was just diagnosed with leukemia on Monday and she is also a single mom who works 2 jobs. So I was going to do a catalog show and all commission will go to her. Is that the best way to do it or is more $ able to go to them if I do it as a fundraiser and then my commission on top or does it work out to be the same ammount?

PChefCharlotte said:
I was actually coming to post this same question. My coworkers 5 yo daughter was just diagnosed with leukemia on Monday and she is also a single mom who works 2 jobs. So I was going to do a catalog show and all commission will go to her. Is that the best way to do it or is more $ able to go to them if I do it as a fundraiser and then my commission on top or does it work out to be the same ammount?
Partly depends on the show. Your commission on a fundraiser is 15%, the fundraiser earns 10%-15% depending on the amount of sales. You obviously know what your regular commission is (base - 20%). So the minimum for a show under $600 would be 25% if done as a fundraiser, vs 20% regular commission......BUT if she needs some kitchen tools too, if you did it as a regular show, she'd get those, plus whatever your commission % is.You have to play with the numbers a bit. I'd think if you did it as a straight fundraiser, she potentially earns more (30% max, if you do all of your commission), as long as it's over $600 (?). Main thing with a fundraiser is that the money has to go to an organization, so a fund would have to be set up in her daughter's name, as other posters talked about above. I think the Policy Guidelines have more details on Fundraisers, and you can always call HO and speak to someone about it too. If you didn't want that hassle, then go straight commission.

Thank you Bobbi

Related to Fundraiser for a Single Person?

What is a fundraiser for a single person?

A fundraiser for a single person is an event or campaign that is designed to raise money for an individual in need. This could be for medical expenses, unexpected financial hardship, or any other personal reason.

How can I set up a fundraiser for a single person with Pampered Chef?

Setting up a fundraiser for a single person with Pampered Chef is easy! Simply reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant and they will be happy to guide you through the process. They will help you choose products to sell, set up an online fundraiser page, and provide support and resources to help make your fundraiser a success.

Can I customize the fundraiser for the single person?

Yes, you can customize the fundraiser for the single person. Pampered Chef offers a variety of products that can be personalized with the individual's name or a special message. Your consultant can help you choose the best options for your fundraiser.

How does the single person receive the funds raised?

The single person will receive the funds raised through a check or direct deposit, depending on your preference. Your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to determine the best method for delivering the funds to the individual.

What are the benefits of hosting a fundraiser for a single person with Pampered Chef?

Hosting a fundraiser for a single person with Pampered Chef not only helps the individual in need, but it also provides a fun and easy way for people to support and give back to their community. Additionally, Pampered Chef offers generous rewards for hosts and guests, making it a win-win for everyone involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PamperedCaniac
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • letscook04
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • jigsmom