• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice About a Show...sort of Personal

In summary, a former fundraiser host needed to schedule a fundraiser for her son's power lifting team on short notice. The previous fundraiser was a disaster and the current one is not looking promising either. The host is debating whether to cancel or attend and do her best. She decides to attend but unfortunately, no one shows up and there are no orders. Despite being frustrated, the host knows she did everything she could and is grateful for the reminder that her job is not about her.
missyciccolella
Let me give some background...a former fundraiser host emailed me and needed to schedule a fundraiser for her son's power lifting team. She needed to book in close (less the 2 weeks) so they money could be delivered before mid-May. Her previous fundraiser was a disaster...she had the PC fundraiser and then a jewelry show with a friend a few hours later (not to my knowledge). Bottom line, the sales were about $300 for the fundraiser, no bookings, no recruit leads and I felt like the only reason people purchases was to support the cause (a neighborhood girl's medical expenses) and could have cared less about being there...it was a very tough/rough crowd.
Fast Forward to today...in hindsight I know I should have not agreed to this...she needed to do it on a Sunday (don't do Sundays but decided to make an exception), she has no orders from online or from anyone passing the catalog, and has only 2 people semi-confirmed to come 1 hour late. I'm going back and forth on what to do...I've done the host coaching like I do with all my hosts (who seem to do just fine), and she doesn't seem to be getting any feedback from the other parents about interest in doing this type of fundraiser. (She won't pick up the phone to call anyone or to find out if they are coming).
I did tell her that I can't stay all day...my demos are about 50 minutes, so I would be wrapped up in 90 minutes and leaving.
Ok, my husband is deployed, since this popped up so soon, my babysitter can't make it, and I have to load up the kids and take them (she is ok with that & and my kids will behave), she also lives about 30-45 minutes away depending on traffic (we live south of DC), and I know I'll show up and be feeding the teenage boys and not making sales...
My question after this long rant is what would you do? Do you go, and hope for the best or do you call and cancel? I'm so on the fence...

I would go, you just never know what will come of it.

Case in point: I had a show yesterday, the Host had moved it 3 times, finally got me her guest list of 12 people last Thursday (I didn't send invites, but I did make calls) AND she only had one confirmed guest coming. I went anyway. We ended up with 7 guests, the sales were really small (she needs another $50 just so I can submit). BUT I booked 3 shows and her Mom wants to sign.
You just never know - go and do your best so you won't question your choice later.

Crystal Patton said:
I would go, you just never know what will come of it.

Case in point: I had a show yesterday, the Host had moved it 3 times, finally got me her guest list of 12 people last Thursday (I didn't send invites, but I did make calls) AND she only had one confirmed guest coming. I went anyway. We ended up with 7 guests, the sales were really small (she needs another $50 just so I can submit). BUT I booked 3 shows and her Mom wants to sign.
You just never know - go and do your best so you won't question your choice later.

I hear you on the guests showing up...I'm not having faith like you though. This is the repeat of last time, and I thought with better host coaching she might get the idea. I know she is not interested in signing...we've had that discussion already as I suggested this would be a great kick off show for her.

Thanks, and I'm slowly getting ready for this.

missyciccolella said:
I hear you on the guests showing up...I'm not having faith like you though. This is the repeat of last time, and I thought with better host coaching she might get the idea. I know she is not interested in signing...we've had that discussion already as I suggested this would be a great kick off show for her.

Thanks, and I'm slowly getting ready for this.

Good Luck!!

Ok, here is the update...got ready and psyched myself up. Said it was going to be great regardless of what happened.
No one showed, no orders. I'm frustrated/mad, but know I did everything I could on my end and I showed up. I didn't mean to sound flaky (b/c I'm not and have never thought of backing out on a show - EVER), but I've had a lot on me (no excuse) and wasn't feel the love of my job this morning. I just needed a kick pants to remind this isn't about me...THANK YOU Crystal!

You did what you could, don't beat yourself up over it. It was HER fundraiser and she either did not do her job as host, or it just wasn't meant to be.

missyciccolella said:
Ok, here is the update...got ready and psyched myself up. Said it was going to be great regardless of what happened.
No one showed, no orders. I'm frustrated/mad, but know I did everything I could on my end and I showed up. I didn't mean to sound flaky (b/c I'm not and have never thought of backing out on a show - EVER), but I've had a lot on me (no excuse) and wasn't feel the love of my job this morning. I just needed a kick pants to remind this isn't about me...THANK YOU Crystal!

I'm soo glad you went, but I'm sorry it didn't work out. Bless and release!

Oh, and your welcome! Good job!

What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef show?

Hosting a Pampered Chef show is a fun and easy way to earn free products, learn new recipes and cooking techniques, and spend time with friends and family. As a host, you can earn free and discounted products based on the total sales at your show. You also have the opportunity to purchase exclusive host-only products at a discounted price. Hosting a show is a great way to stock your kitchen with high-quality cooking tools and gadgets without breaking the bank.

What does the host need to do to prepare for a Pampered Chef show?

As a host, you will need to invite guests and provide a space for the show to take place. It can be in your home, office, or any other location that can accommodate your guests. You will also need to work with your Pampered Chef consultant to choose a date and time for the show. Your consultant will handle all the details of the show, including setting up and demonstrating products, taking orders, and delivering them to your guests.

What kind of products will be featured at a Pampered Chef show?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools, cookware, bakeware, and food products. Your consultant will bring a variety of products to demonstrate at the show, and you and your guests will have the opportunity to try them out and see how they work. You can also browse the full product line on our website and discuss with your consultant if there are any specific products you are interested in seeing at the show.

Can I earn rewards if I am unable to host a Pampered Chef show?

Yes, there are various ways to earn rewards even if you are unable to host a show. You can still earn free products by hosting a virtual show, where your consultant will help you set up an online event for your friends and family to shop from. You can also become a host of a catalog show, where you will receive a personal shopping link to share with your network and earn rewards based on the sales from the link. Lastly, you can also participate in our referral program and earn free products for every successful referral you make.

What kind of support and advice can I expect from my Pampered Chef consultant?

Your Pampered Chef consultant is there to support and guide you through the entire process of hosting a show. They will help you choose the best products to showcase at your show and provide you with tips and tricks to make your show a success. They will also be available to answer any questions you or your guests may have about the products and provide personalized advice based on your cooking needs and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Candice
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
PChefCharlotte
  • pampered2007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampered2007
  • minirottie