• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ready for a Free Skin Cancer Screening with a Friend?

In summary, a free skin cancer screening is a quick visual examination of the skin by a healthcare professional to check for signs of skin cancer. Anyone can receive this screening, with priority given to those with a family history of skin cancer, fair skin, and frequent sun exposure. The screening typically takes 10-15 minutes, but may vary based on the number of moles or spots that need to be examined. It is not a substitute for a full-body skin check by a dermatologist, but rather a preliminary screening. There are no specific preparations needed, but it is recommended to arrive with clean skin for a more accurate examination.
lkprescott
Silver Member
Marcia Cross was on The View this morning and mentioned this site. You go, invite a friend and both go to a participating dermatologist for a free skin cancer screening.

http://www.skincancertakesfriends.org/

lkprescott said:
Marcia Cross was on The View this morning and mentioned this site. You go, invite a friend and both go to a participating dermatologist for a free skin cancer screening.

http://www.skincancertakesfriends.org/
And again, nothing for the west side of my state. Bummer.

Sorry to hear that. The closest dermatologist to me is about a 40 minute drive... not that I'm not used to that drive anyway. LOL... I tend to have to drive for much of anything anyway.

Related to Ready for a Free Skin Cancer Screening with a Friend?

1. What is a free skin cancer screening?

A free skin cancer screening is a quick and painless visual examination of your skin by a trained healthcare professional to check for any signs of skin cancer.

2. Who is eligible for a free skin cancer screening?

Anyone can receive a free skin cancer screening, but priority is typically given to individuals with a family history of skin cancer, fair skin, and frequent exposure to the sun.

3. How long does a free skin cancer screening take?

A free skin cancer screening typically takes about 10-15 minutes, but this may vary depending on the number of moles or spots that need to be examined.

4. Is a free skin cancer screening a substitute for a full-body skin check by a dermatologist?

No, a free skin cancer screening is not a substitute for a full-body skin check by a dermatologist. It is meant to be a preliminary screening and any suspicious areas will be referred for further evaluation by a dermatologist.

5. Are there any preparations I need to make before a free skin cancer screening?

There are no specific preparations needed for a free skin cancer screening. However, it is recommended to arrive with clean skin free of any makeup, lotion, or sunscreen for a more accurate examination.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
JAE
  • rennea
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rennea
  • Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies