• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Reaching Out to Local Realtors: Fax or Mail?

In summary, my best friend suggested that I send gift certificates, products, or packages to local real estate offices as closing gifts. Many people have had success with this, but some people have had problems with receiving the gifts. My advice
laurieandjaffy
Gold Member
One of my best friends is a realtor in my area. She has suggested I come up with a letter to send to local real estate agencies offering products, packages, gift certificates, etc. to the local realtors as closing gifts. Have many of you had luck with this? How did you start, etc? She suggested that I fax letters as she has all the fax numbers for the local offices. I was just wanting opinions on whether you think that would be Ok or if I should go ahead and mail them along with catalogs or wait for them to call me requesting a catalog. Any advice would be appreciated.

If you search in files for a realtor flyer here you should come up with one, if not I might have it saved that I got from someone here. I would take it in personally to make a connection-you never know if an office person might see it or talk to you that wouldn't get the fax or mail

I did go to realtors and droped of a catalog and flyer, that did not work at all:mad: . I think the problem was that I did not get to talk to the realtors in person, the front desk lady took the packages and I don`t know if she really showed it to the agents.

Then last week I`ve been sending out emails I but "requesting an appt" in the subject line hoping that they will open it, well i didn`t hear nothing so far but I still have a loooooooot more realtors to go:rolleyes:

If you are interessted in the letter that I mail out let me know.

Good luck:)

When I first started I sent to every realtor in the area and followed up w/calls. Only one said I could bring some catalogs by. I did and then followed up.... no go. The other responses I got were: someone they were related to sold, they would rather give restaurant gift certificates, they owned part in a restaurant and gave certificates for there, products were too expensive. When we bought our home we were given a collectible basket w/the date on it. I even told them the new homeowners would always remember them and their great service each time they used their "pizza stone".

luckystar, I would like to see the letter that you use. Could you post it or email it to me?

luckystar, please post

This is my first post, so go easy on me! But, IMO, realtors are going to be a TOUGH sell right now. The housing market IS down and they don't have a lot of extra $ to spend. I know this because my husband IS a realtor and has been in the business for a little over 6 years. The agents in his company are not looking for extra ways to SPEND $ on clients - they're trying to SAVE!!!!!! I'm not saying that you shouldn't TRY to get the realtors as clients, b/c the whole idea makes a lot of sense. However, the timing right now may not be the best to get their business.

lbdenton said:
This is my first post, so go easy on me! But, IMO, realtors are going to be a TOUGH sell right now. The housing market IS down and they don't have a lot of extra $ to spend. I know this because my husband IS a realtor and has been in the business for a little over 6 years. The agents in his company are not looking for extra ways to SPEND $ on clients - they're trying to SAVE!!!!!! I'm not saying that you shouldn't TRY to get the realtors as clients, b/c the whole idea makes a lot of sense. However, the timing right now may not be the best to get their business.

I agree. I have a realtor friend, who tried to do a catalog show for me in her agency recently... NOT ONE ORDER. She said all the realtors looked at her like she was CRAZY for even suggesting they buy something! It is a really tough time for realtors, so don't be discouraged if you don't get any results right now. Maybe wait until the housing market goes back up or something.

Here's another suggestion. What if you approach the realtors in terms of their gifting their clients something small, REALLY small..like a Season's Best (with your info on/in it, or course!) They could buy up a decent amount without spending too much and your information is now in the hands of their clients. It won't amount to much in the short term but could pay off big down the line. Just a random thought I'd throw out there. I'm just wishing that I'd thought of this sooner since I ended up going in active 1/31. :(

The Celebration Dish is what I am thinking about. The price right now is $25 but come March 1st I believe it will be $16 and probably a better seller for realtors. I approached a customer who is a realtor about this on Sunday and she said she never thought about that. Reminds me I am supposed to send her an e-mail about this before it escapes both of our memories!

Our realtor gave us NOTHING and we sold and bought a house with him. I just don't see realtors as a very generous bunch. I wonder if you could find out if they have a newcomers packet that you could include your info in?

I think faxing is great if you have the numbers. Then, you're only out the time it took to do it and no money. Good luck.

There are several realtor threads so I just picked one on the increasing sales. My meeting with my realtor went great today! She really liked the idea of the Great Grilling! Seasoning and recipe collection along with the grill basket. She also is going to give cheese boards, cheese knife, (she personally LOVES hers) and a towel in a gift basket with a bottle of wine. I'm going to help her put together the baskets and we'll see how that goes. The Dollar store in town has great baskets so that's a bargin too!

One thing I realized is that they don't have the time to put together things and want it done for them. That's fine she said she would pay for the extras as well. I think one thing would be to make up baskets and take photos for them to see. That would be much easier than flipping thru the catalog trying to imagine all the products together. I am going to take some photos of the baskets that I make up for her so that I can use them for a flyer. She said she would mention it to all the others at their next meeting when I have the basket all done. A twixit! clip works great to "tie" the celephane over the basket too. Also she is buying a bunch of Season's Best to send out to clients. I'm pretty excited, it's not a TON of money right now, but it has SO much potential. OH and while I was waiting for her, I had my catalog tote (brand new as of last week!) sitting beside me on the bench and a lady asked if I sold PC. I told her yes and she said she loves her potato peeler and has to get one for their church. She took a catalog and hopefully she'll call or go to my website. I probably should have asked for her name/address etc, but you could tell she was in a hurry and you just have to go by your gut on that kind of thing. (IMHO) Anyway sorry for the long post! I'm excited and wanted to share.

but best tip I can offer is photos with the gift descriptions if you can. Would make it easier for the customers for sure! And letter or number them so it's easier for you.
I might if I have time make up a new flyer with photos.

Jess- Congrats on a great meeting. I know you were looking forward to seeing what your realtor thought, glad it was so great! WTG! :)

thanks so much!!! I needed something .. was getting pretty down about all of it.. so hopefully this will create some momentum for me.. :)

1. How do I obtain a list of local realtors to reach out to?

To obtain a list of local realtors, you can contact your local real estate association or search online for a directory of realtors in your area. You can also ask for recommendations from friends or colleagues who have worked with realtors in the past.

2. Is it better to send a fax or mail to reach out to realtors?

Both fax and mail can be effective ways to reach out to local realtors. However, fax tends to be a more immediate method of communication, while mail may have a longer reach and be more likely to be kept for future reference.

3. What should I include in my fax or mail to realtors?

When reaching out to local realtors, it is important to include a brief introduction of yourself and your business, along with any relevant information about your products or services. Be sure to also include your contact information and a clear call-to-action for the realtor to follow up with you.

4. How often should I reach out to realtors?

It is important to strike a balance with how often you reach out to realtors. You don't want to be too aggressive and risk coming across as spammy, but you also don't want to be too infrequent and risk being forgotten. A good rule of thumb is to reach out every few months, or whenever you have new products or promotions to share.

5. Should I follow up with realtors after sending a fax or mail?

Following up with realtors after sending a fax or mail can be beneficial in keeping your business top of mind. Consider reaching out a week or two after your initial communication to see if they have any questions or would like more information. Just be sure not to be too pushy or persistent with your follow-ups.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
chefheidi2003
  • kdangel518
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
JennLizFran
Replies