• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Raspberry-Champagne Cream Cake Suitable for a Bridal Shower?

In summary, the conversation is about a recipe for a strawberry cream cake that someone wants to make for a bridal shower. They are looking for tips on making it and wondering if using buttercream frosting would be a good alternative. One person has made the recipe and loved it, while another was not impressed. The consultant suggests practicing the recipe beforehand and gives tips for making the whipped cream. They also mention the option of using a stabilized whipped cream or buttercream frosting.
schel
Hey everyone,

Anyone made this? I want to make it for a bridal shower but probably should practice it 1st.

How did it taste?

Was it hard to do?

I have never had much luck with whipping my own cream, it never gets the nice peaks and always seems wilted when I get done whipping it. I have used a stainless bowl out of the freezer and even chill the beaters as well.

So any tips would be greatly appreciated.

or...

Would buttercream frosting be ok with it as well?

It looks yummy, so if I could get feedback, that would be great. I was hoping that it would have been on the disc we get with recipe demo's but it isn't.

Thanks for your help.
Michelle

I made it and was not impressed for the time it took. It was not hard but it just wasn't that great. It was just ok tasting.

OMG!!! I made this for Mother's Day this year and everyone LOVED it! I'm not even kidding it was GONE in like 5 minutes!

I thought that it was very easy to make. It comes out kind of like a strawberry-flavored angel food cake. The whipped cream was also easy and was the perfect light frosting for the cake. It didn't take much time at all. I was very impressed!

It wasn't hard, there was just a lot of steps. I make a really good homemade angel food cake that I was hoping this would be similar to and it's not. It looked pretty though.

Hi Michelle,

I have made this recipe before and it is always a hit at parties and showers. It is definitely a good idea to practice it before making it for the bridal shower, just to make sure you're comfortable with the recipe and have any adjustments figured out beforehand.

In terms of taste, it is delicious! The combination of strawberries and cream is always a winner. And as for difficulty, I wouldn't say it's hard to make, but it does require a little bit of time and patience, especially with the whipped cream. My biggest tip for getting nice peaks is to make sure your cream is very cold before whipping and to use a high-speed electric mixer. Also, be careful not to over-whip the cream, as it can quickly turn into butter.

As for using buttercream frosting instead, I haven't personally tried it but I don't see why it wouldn't work. It might give the dessert a slightly different texture and flavor, but I'm sure it would still be delicious. You could also try using a stabilized whipped cream recipe, which helps the whipped cream hold its shape better.

I hope this helps and that your bridal shower is a success! Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

What are the ingredients needed to make a Raspberry-Champagne Cream Cake?

The ingredients needed to make a Raspberry-Champagne Cream Cake are:

• 1 box of white or vanilla cake mix
  • 1 cup of champagne
  • 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup of seedless raspberry jam
  • 1/4 cup of water
  • 1 package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1/4 cup of powdered sugar
  • 1 cup of heavy cream
  • Fresh raspberries for garnish (optional)

What size baking pan should be used for this cake?

You can use either a 9-inch round cake pan or a 9x13-inch rectangular baking pan for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

Can this cake be made ahead of time?

Yes, this cake can be made ahead of time. You can bake the cake layers and prepare the cream filling up to 1 day in advance. Store the cake layers in an airtight container at room temperature and the cream filling in the refrigerator. Assemble the cake and add the fresh raspberries right before serving.

Can I use a non-alcoholic substitute for the champagne?

Yes, you can use a non-alcoholic sparkling wine or apple cider as a substitute for the champagne in this recipe. Just make sure to use the same amount (1 cup) as listed in the ingredients.

How should this cake be stored?

This cake should be stored in the refrigerator, covered, for up to 3 days. Make sure to remove the cake from the refrigerator about 30 minutes before serving to allow it to come to room temperature.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KellyTheChef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Partyof5
  • KrisGio