• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Long in Advance Would You Make These?

In summary, the author is doing a dessert party Tuesday and is wondering if she can make the recipes in advance. The recipes she is making are strawberry margarita squares, tuxedo brownie cups, and raspberry chocolate trifle. Everyone agrees that the strawberry margarita squares and tuxedo brownie cups can be made in advance, but the raspberry chocolate trifle requires that it be made the day of the party.
dwyerkim
I am doing a dessert party Tues. (May 1) at my house, would love to make stuff ahead of time b/c I tend to get a little nutty right before lots of people come to my house! :eek: Last thing I want is to have recipes to have to put together at the last minute. So, wondering for those of you who have tried these recipes, do you think I can make them in advance, and if so how far in advance (the most would be 24 hours if I make them tomorrow night). I am making:
strawberry margarita squares
tuxedo brownie cups
raspberry chocolate trifle (basically, pound cake, choc. pudding, raspberries, whip cream)

thanks for any help! And keep fingers crossed that I have enough food (you know how great people are with RSVPs *insert sarcastic tone here*, I basically have no clue how many people will be coming!)

I don't know about the margarita squares, but you can always make trifles ahead of time...they only get better. The tuxedo brownie cups are good later, but the cup tends to get a little mushy. You could make all the cups and the filling, but just pipe the filling before the party.

Good luck!

I just made the strawberry margarita squares. The recipe actually recommends making it the same day or else the "crust" of chopped pretzels gets soggy. They are YUMMY, but I don't know how well they'll hold up. Plus you have to refrigerate them for 3 hours.

I agree with above...

Make brownie cups and filling seperate...fill them close to your party time.
Trifle- make the day before no problem.
Marg. Squares- make the morning of.

With the brownie cups - if you make the filling ahead of time, just make sure it is completely at room temp when you fill them! If you refrigerate the filling it becomes too stiff to pipe using the EAD......(not speaking from experience or anything here!;) :p )

Thanks so much ladies! I will make my trifle tonight, and maybe the brownie cups and filling but keep them separate. Tomorrow early afternoon I can do the strawberry margarita squares and then I'll assemble the brownie cups right before people come. Maybe I'll wait until some people show up and let someone else play with the decorator.

Now I just hope A. People show up and B. I don't have more people than food! I am also going to do coffee but I'm thinking I may do sangria too (heck that's pinkish, right?)

1. How far in advance can I make a Pampered Chef recipe?

Most Pampered Chef recipes can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days. However, recipes containing fresh ingredients like fruits and vegetables should be made closer to serving time to ensure optimal freshness.

2. Can I freeze Pampered Chef recipes?

Yes, many Pampered Chef recipes can be frozen for up to 3 months. However, some recipes may lose their texture or flavor when frozen, so it is best to consult the specific recipe for freezing instructions.

3. How do I store leftovers from a Pampered Chef party?

Leftovers from a Pampered Chef party can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. If the recipe contains meat or dairy, it is best to consume the leftovers within 1-2 days.

4. Can I make Pampered Chef recipes in advance for a party?

Yes, many Pampered Chef recipes can be made in advance for a party. It is recommended to prepare the recipe the day before and store it in the refrigerator until the party. This will give the flavors time to develop and make for easier preparation on the day of the party.

5. How do I reheat Pampered Chef leftovers?

To reheat Pampered Chef leftovers, it is best to use the microwave or oven. Make sure to cover the dish with a lid or foil to prevent the food from drying out. If using the oven, preheat to 350 degrees and heat for 10-15 minutes or until warmed through.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JenAZ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
dns2202
Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
Replies
Views
sassypip