• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Strawberry Cheese Cake Trifle: How Far in Advance Can You Make It?

In summary, the recipe calls for two tablespoons of almond extract, but Shannon cut it back to only two teaspoons. The recipe also calls for 8 ounces of cream cheese, but Kelly uses 1 block of cream cheese and 1 cup of sour cream. The trifle is layered with two slices of cake, two strawberries, and then another two slices of cake and two strawberries. Finally, whipped cream is folded in and served on top.
NMmommy
How far in advance can I make it? Will it chill well?

I've been offering this and the Black Forest Trifle for my shows. I regularly make it the night before. It chills well. As a matter of fact, my DH ate the leftovers from one show for a couple of days and said it just got better.

I just made it and think I missed up the sugar almond thing. Maybe I am not a fan of almond. I washed it off and sprinkled a little sugar on it.

Shannon can you post your recipe? I am planning on making this for the first time at my fundraiser on Saturday. The recipe I will be using doesn't call for almond. I hope I don't screw it up!

Rae can you post your's as well? The recipe I was using was in Bee's packet (or I made it up). Just store bought angel food cake, cheesecake pudding mix, cool whip, strawberries, milk. Is that too simple?

Shannon~ Did the recipe you have call for two TABLESPOONS of almond extract? I think there was a typo at one point...that would be nasty tasting!

Here is the one I use, and everyone RAVES about it! Also, I noticed that I have only been using the small container of Cool Whip (8 oz.) and it works fine!

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

Here's what I have been using for the pound cake:
yellow or butter flavored cake mix
mix as directed but add:
1 extra egg
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
2 t. PC vanilla
2 t. almond extract

Line SBP with parchement paper and bake at 350 for 25 minutes

You only use about 2/3 of the cake once you have diced it up into small cubes! Have fun eating the rest! :)

On the strawberries...I learned that you can use your UM (a much higher priced item than the Egg Slicer Plus) to slice up the strawberries. I bought the frozen strawberries, so keep them frozen. Then slide the frozen strawberries onto the prongs and slice away. It works and they are all uniform and there is less mess! We did this because I forgot to thaw out the strawberries for the Lime-Berry trifle. For the demo I would probably go ahead and have them thawed out (pre-sliced) then just show them what they can do in a pinch.

Thanks for posting the recipe, Kelly.

OMG! Yes it called for two which I thought was for a LOT! When I tasted it I gaged. That is why I rinsed them and sprinkled them with just sugar. Thanks for letting me and I will change it. I got home last night and realized I forgot the sourcream. It still tasted great though.

Kelley's using the same recipe I am. And, yes, mine called for 2T of almond extract, but I cut that back to 2 t.

Also, the strawberries around here aren't looking too good yet. I've been cheating by purchasing frozen sliced strawberries with sugar. I just thaw them out and omit the sugar from the recipe. So far, so good.

I actually did a web search for that recipe and found it on several sites and they all called for 2 tablespoons. I was kinda surprised but that's what they all said. Guess it's not a typo but I don't put that much either.

Well 2 T is away to much!!! One of the lady's said I should use Amaretto on them.

I was also thinking when strawberries are out of season or cost too much--this would be really good with CHERRY PIE FILLING!!! Or any other filling that floats your boat!!

All of it sounds yummy. My Trifle Bowl is in route - can't wait to try out this recipe in my bowl....:eek:

Does anyone know how many this will serve? I'm wondering if I need to do more than one.

Technically, the trifle is supposed to serve 16, but IMO that's on the conservative side. I could eat 1/4 of it in a sitting, lol!

Technically, the trifle is supposed to serve 16, but IMO that's on the conservative side!!! I could eat 1/4 of it in a sitting, lol!

Thanks for the recipe! I want to try this at my HWC fundraiser.

I'm just making one so I hope they aren't selfish and let everyone get a taste! :) I'm going to be making two apps. two main dishes and 3 desserts so hopefully that'll be plenty to go around!!

KellyTheChef said:
Shannon~ Did the recipe you have call for two TABLESPOONS of almond extract? I think there was a typo at one point...that would be nasty tasting!

Here is the one I use, and everyone RAVES about it! Also, I noticed that I have only been using the small container of Cool Whip (8 oz.) and it works fine!

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle
Ingredients:
• 2 quarts strawberries, sliced
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons almond extract
• ---
• 2--8 ounce blocks cream cheese, softened
• 1 C. sour cream
• 2 C. powdered sugar
• 1 t. vanilla extract
• 1/4 t. almond extract
• 16 ounce tub whipped topping or 1 pint cream, whipped
• 1 large angel food or pound cake, torn into pieces
Preparation:
Set aside some berries for garnish. Mix rest with sugar and almond extract. Set aside. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, powdered sugar, vanilla and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
In a trifle bowl: 1/2 cake, 1/2 berries, 1/2 cream cheese mixture, repeat layers. Garnish with remaining berries. Refrigerate.

Here's what I have been using for the pound cake:
yellow or butter flavored cake mix
mix as directed but add:
1 extra egg
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
2 t. PC vanilla
2 t. almond extract

Line SBP with parchement paper and bake at 350 for 25 minutes

You only use about 2/3 of the cake once you have diced it up into small cubes! Have fun eating the rest! :)
Has anyone made this adding food coloring or Koolaid to the cream cheese/sour cream mixture so it's pink? I'd love to make it look a little more pink for HWC. I think I saw someone's picture on here that was mostly pink, but now I'm not sure where it is.

Oooh, I just found the awesome picture of Jennifer Knapp's pink trifle. I think I'll have to do this at my HWC fundraiser on Wednesday! Here's the link if anyone else missed it!

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=19713&highlight=pink+trifle

I assume I can follow the recipe above and just add the strawberry jello to the cream cheese/sour cream mixture. Has anyone tried that??? I like the idea of the almond extract/sugar mixture tossed with strawberries.

pamperedbecky said:
Oooh, I just found the awesome picture of Jennifer Knapp's pink trifle. I think I'll have to do this at my HWC fundraiser on Wednesday! Here's the link if anyone else missed it!

http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=19713&highlight=pink+trifle

I assume I can follow the recipe above and just add the strawberry jello to the cream cheese/sour cream mixture. Has anyone tried that??? I like the idea of the almond extract/sugar mixture tossed with strawberries.
Becky~

If you are doing everything else "by the recipe" I wouldn't add Jello or Kool Aid...it might compete with the almond flavoring. I would just use food coloring!

JMHO!

KellyTheChef said:
Becky~

If you are doing everything else "by the recipe" I wouldn't add Jello or Kool Aid...it might compete with the almond flavoring. I would just use food coloring!

JMHO!
Ok, cool, that's good to know. That does make total sense! Thanks!

A good shortcut might be to use cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix -- like in the Celebrations cheesecake recipe from a couple of years ago.

I made this at the show tonight and it is to DIE for!!!! If you haven't made it yet you have to make it!

Related to Strawberry Cheese Cake Trifle: How Far in Advance Can You Make It?

1. What ingredients do I need to make a Strawberry Cheese Cake Trifle?

To make a Strawberry Cheese Cake Trifle, you will need 1 pound of fresh strawberries, 1 package of cream cheese, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, 1/2 cup of heavy cream, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 pre-made pound cake, and 1 jar of strawberry preserves.

2. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time. We recommend assembling the trifle the night before serving and keeping it refrigerated until ready to serve.

3. Can I use frozen strawberries for this recipe?

While fresh strawberries are recommended for the best flavor and texture, you can use frozen strawberries that have been thawed and drained. However, the trifle may have a slightly different texture and consistency.

4. How long will this Strawberry Cheese Cake Trifle last in the refrigerator?

If stored in an airtight container, this trifle can last in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. However, we recommend consuming it within 1-2 days for the best taste and texture.

5. Can I use a different type of cake for this trifle?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake for this trifle, such as angel food cake or sponge cake. However, the texture and flavor may vary slightly from using pound cake.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• paultorres
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • bakinwithbacon
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ericadboone
Replies