• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have you tried making snow ice cream? Here's an easy and delicious recipe!

In summary, if you want to make your own ice cream treat using snow, you need: 1 cup of milk, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, 1/2 cups sugar, 4-5 cups of fresh, clean snow, and a KitchenAid mixer or stainless bowl. You can also use a pail if you are not able to get fresh snow.
janetupnorth
Gold Member
I thought I'd repost this for this year...

Instructions to make your own ice cream treat using snow:

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 cup of milk (you can use soy milk too if need be - great to make for those who can't eat ice cream from the store)
* 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or add flavoring of your choice - we use syrups that you use in coffee, or chocolate syrup. (Raspberry and Irish Cream are 2 of our family favorites)
* 1/2 cups sugar
* CLEAN Snow (4-5 cups)

PREPARATION:
Go outside and get 4 - 5 cups of fresh, clean snow. Don't pack the snow! Bring it in the house and set it in the freezer until you need it.

Mix together the milk, vanilla, and the sugar. Stir this mixture until the sugar is dissolved.

Slowly add the snow to your mixture, stirring constantly, until it is as thick as ice cream! Eat up!

Psst...another good use for that stainless bowl and/or KitchenAid mixer...

...oh, and pay attention to the fresh, clean snow part!!!!!!!!!! Don't want any "pre-seasoned" stuff!

Too funny- we have doggies, so there is no such thing as clean snow in our yard. What hasn't been colored, has been furred upon! :)

Oh I can soooo relate Kacey! I don't have a yard, but I have been walking the dogs from yellow snow patch to yellow snow patch, each just as fascinating as the next (to them, not me!)

Kitchen Diva said:
Too funny- we have doggies, so there is no such thing as clean snow in our yard. What hasn't been colored, has been furred upon! :)

We have doggies, but they have a big pen or are in the house at night.

It just snowed a lot last night so there was a freshly fallen batch. :)

The kids each enjoyed a big bowl of chocolate ice cream awhile ago!

I have to add, it was much cheaper than the store. We used 2 cups of milk, 1 cup of sugar to make a big batch...the equivalent would have cost about $2.50-$3.00 at the store right now.Pails are up to $7.50 by us now...smaller containers are usually $5.00...only $2.50-$3.00 if you get it on sale.

My mom used to make this for us all the time!!! Of course, back then, her recipe called for a raw egg...yikes!! I'm so glad I have a new recipe for it. You've brought back some wonderful memories. Thanks!!!!!

I dunno....the thought of eating Chicagoland snow kind of grosses me out....like acid rain.

susanr613 said:
I dunno....the thought of eating Chicagoland snow kind of grosses me out....like acid rain.

Uh yeah, I probably wouldn't do it if I lived in Chicago either... :yuck:

So how much chocolate syrup would you use for the 2 cups milk, one cup of sugar ratio? I'd love to try this with my kids after the next snowfall.

I just squeeze some in and watch the color change...there's never too much chocolate! LOL!Sorry, I'm bad at "measuring".I'd probably start with a tablespoon or two and go from there. I used Nestle Quik powder today and used 1/4 cup.

Well, no hope of snow here, but we'll be going back home to WV on the 2nd, so maybe while we're there we can make some!!

I saw this to late. It got to 50 degrees here yesterday and its now raining out. I don't see any snow that doesn't have mud in it! I'll have to remember for the next snow fall!

I made this last year using a can on condensed milk mixed with the snow. I even made some extra to keep in the freezer since we only have snow once every 4-7 years in South Alabama, HAHA!!! We ate it within a few days though. I saw Paula Deen do it with the condensed milk.

My grandpa used to make us snow ice cream all the time when my brothers and I were little! He always used to put vanilla extract in it. And he used to mention how he wanted to try it with lemon flavoring....

My husband has to make snow cream everytime it snows. He loves it.

I think I might do this... not like I dont' have any snow this year!:grumpy: Good grief... is it ever going to end!?! I just need to go out tomorrow and get some while it's snowing... I can't handle the idea of something seasoning it!!! Freaks me out! My dog is not the problem... we've dug her a path to a certain area to do her business... if she tried to venture farther... it would swallow her alive... she's small and we have sooooooo much snow.... like 10 times her size!!:grumpy::mad::yuck:

Bump because someone just asked for this again...

I have a plenty of snow if anyone needs it!! LOL :yuck:

janetupnorth said:
Bump because someone just asked for this again...

Thanks Janet......:D ;) :cool:

Bumping because I was looking for this last week.

LOL this is cute - unfortunately none of the snow is clean anymore. Goodness knows we had plenty of it, though!

...thought I'd pop in and bump this up... 'tis the season!

1. How do I make snow ice cream?

Making snow ice cream is easy! All you need is fresh, clean snow and a few simple ingredients. Start by collecting clean snow in a large bowl. Then, mix in condensed milk, vanilla extract, and any other desired flavorings. Serve immediately and enjoy!

2. How much snow do I need for snow ice cream?

You will need about 8 cups of snow to make a batch of snow ice cream. However, this may vary depending on the consistency of the snow and how much air is in it. It's always better to have a little extra snow on hand just in case.

3. Can I use flavored snow for snow ice cream?

Yes, you can! You can use flavored snow, such as cherry or strawberry, to add a unique twist to your snow ice cream. Just make sure the snow is clean and free of any debris before using it.

4. Can I make snow ice cream without condensed milk?

Yes, you can! If you don't have condensed milk on hand, you can substitute it with heavy cream and your preferred sweetener, such as sugar or honey. Just mix the snow and heavy cream until it reaches a creamy consistency, then add in your sweetener and any desired flavorings.

5. How long does snow ice cream last?

Snow ice cream is best enjoyed immediately after making it, as it can melt quickly. However, if you have any leftovers, you can store it in an airtight container in the freezer for a couple of hours. Just make sure to mix it well before serving again.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebPC
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies