• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick, Easy, Inexpensive Appetizer?

In summary, the Touchdown Taco Dip can be made in a microwave or oven, and is inexpensive and a popular appetizer.
chefbritt
Hey all! I'm having friends over tomorrow night and am trying to think of ideas for snacks or appetizers I could serve. My primary concern is that its relatively inexpensive, because as a college student I'm on a limited budget. Also, something that doesn't need to be served hot would be best because I plan on making it a few hours ahead of time. Any ideas? I can't really afford to do a whole meal for everyone, but its right around dinner time so I feel like I owe them more than just chips and soda. TIA!

Clubhouse Chicken Squares and Cool Veggie Pizza are pretty inexpensive. As are mini quiches (made in the mini muffin pan), which are good at room temp.

chefann said:
As are mini quiches (made in the mini muffin pan), which are good at room temp.

I like the hams one in ATB.

Touchdown Taco Dip, Pizza Dip (and I am sure other dips) can be made ahead - when assembled in a baker just cover and put in the fridge. Right before your company arrives, stick it in the oven. I always make these dips ahead of time and bake when ready.

I'm thinking the Touchdown Taco Dip might be pretty inexpensive...

Or use some of our rubs/seasonings for cold dips. I like the Dill, SW, Chipotle or BBQ ones as dips. The Dill & SW have the Dip recipe on the bottle. I think the BBQ and Chipotle Dips are in the USE & Care Recipes on CC.

Layer 1 block cream cheese (store brand)
1 can salsa
(you can add refried beans if you wish)
1-2 cups shredded cheese

Microwave 2-3 mins until melted.

----Serve with tortilla chips

(make ahead of time and microwave before serving) quick, easy and YUMMY!

Rollups -- tortillas, spread with ranch dressing or flavored cream cheese, sprinkle with cheese, layer some ham or turkey, spinach leaves or lettuce... roll it up and then cut into 1 inch slices.

Or -- mexi version... cream cheese mixed with diced green chiles and some southwestern seasoning. Roll it up and cut.

vwpamperedchef said:
Layer 1 block cream cheese (store brand)
1 can salsa
(you can add refried beans if you wish)
1-2 cups shredded cheese

Microwave 2-3 mins until melted.

----Serve with tortilla chips

(make ahead of time and microwave before serving) quick, easy and YUMMY!
I make that for potlucks (minus the salsa) and honestly, it is the first thing that goes. So easy but everyone loves it. Another healthy (lol) recipe is velveeta with the Hormel chili microwaved and served with corn chips. I think it is listed on the inside of the box of velveeta.

I have made the Touchdown Taco Dip for almost every party I have ever had - even informal ones! Let me tell you - 4 of us have ate the entire pan of it! Yum! It is definitely cheap and you can't tell if you used store brand or not when eating it :) I am in grad school and have been making this for friends (college aged and up) since I first tried the recipe! Who needs dinner when you have this?!?! :)

I still like to do the Hot Broccoli Dip - most of the ingredients are already in a persons fridge! :)

Thanks guys! Problem is I don't have my own kitchen, I have access to a public one but I have to unlock it and carry everything in to use it, so I was trying to stay out of the kitchen once people got here. But I'm going to see what I can do. Maybe the microwave ones are doable. Reading all these ideas is making me really hungry right now though :)

As an FYI... you can make the Touchdown Taco Dip in a microwave or oven, so it is definitely doable for you!p.s. I have learned not to come on Chef Success unless I am full, as there is always talk of yummy food ;)

Layerd Mexican dip
1st layer
1 or 2 cans bean dip, mixed with 1 can chopped green chilies, get the hot bean dip for more kick.
2nd layer 8 to 16 oz sour cream, mixed with SW seasoning to taste, 2 to 4 tbps or more can also use pkg of taco seasoning.
3rd layer gucamole dip store bought or homemade
top with grated cheese of choice, diced tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Serve with chips. easy to make, and keeps in the fridge. Also using the double amounts, will almost fillup the trifle bowl and looks beautiful. Put the chips in the bamboo bowl.

GourmetGirl said:
As an FYI... you can make the Touchdown Taco Dip in a microwave or oven, so it is definitely doable for you!

p.s. I have learned not to come on Chef Success unless I am full, as there is always talk of yummy food ;)
Can anyone tell me off the top of their head, how long you bake this for and at what temp? Or if you nuke it, how long?

Oh wow, you are all making me SO hungry. Now I'm going to have to stop at the store for some yummy stuff on my way home!

chefbritt said:
Thanks guys! Problem is I don't have my own kitchen, I have access to a public one but I have to unlock it and carry everything in to use it, so I was trying to stay out of the kitchen once people got here. But I'm going to see what I can do. Maybe the microwave ones are doable. Reading all these ideas is making me really hungry right now though :)

Clubhouse chicken squares is great because you can make the crust ahead of time then all you have to do is make sure your cream cheese is softened and it's just a bunch of cutting after that.

Can anyone tell me where the clubhouse chicken squares recipe can be found? Thanks!

Greek cheese torta. Get crackers instead of doing the bread. This is one of my absolute favorites. I think the most expensive thing in it is the feta cheese, and that's like $4.

I like buffalo chicken dip and it can be done right in a crock pot. Just google it. Canned chicken is slightly expensive, but I just buy it at Aldi's or any other discount grocery store. Everything I use in it is generic including the $1 bottle of ranch (you can't really taste it anyways). I'm a college student & trust me, this goes well at parties!

Jessamary said:
Greek cheese torta. Get crackers instead of doing the bread. This is one of my absolute favorites. I think the most expensive thing in it is the feta cheese, and that's like $4.

Mmmmm... I forgot about the greek cheese torta. It's totally cheap and easy to make along with feeds a lot of people.

hoosiergrad802 said:
Can anyone tell me where the clubhouse chicken squares recipe can be found? Thanks!

Club House Chicken Squares
(All the Best; P. 9)

Smoky Bacon, crispy cucumber and shredded cheddar cheese highlight these tasty appetizer squares

2 packages (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp mayo
1 small clove garlic, pressed
1 can (10 oz) chunk white chicken, drained and flaked or two small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 small cucumber, seeded, sliced and quartered
2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
1/2 cup (2 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, crisp-cooked, drained and crumbled
Preheat oven to 375° F. Unroll one package of crescent rolls across one end of the Stoneware Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across the width of the pan.* Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan.*Use Baker’s Roller™, roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides to form a crust.* Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool completely.

In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, garlic pressed with Garlic Press; mix well.* Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over crust; top with chicken.

Thinly slice cucumber using Ultimate Slice*& Grate, fitted with adjustable thin slicing blade; cut slices into quarters. Dice tomatoes using Chef’s Knife.*Grate cheese using Deluxe Cheese Grater.* Sprinkle over cucumber, tomatoes, cheese and bacon over chicken.* Refrigerate 30 minutes. Cut into squares.

where can I find the recipe for the hot broccoli dip? I've heard it mentioned 2x in as many days and now I'm curious. :)thanks

HOT BROCCOLI DIP

Ingredients:
1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
2 Tablespoons chopped onion (about ¼ of an onion)
2 Tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese, divided
1 garlic clove, pressed
1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375. In a medium bowl, combine broccoli, onion, and bell pepper. Add cheddar cheese, sour cream, 2 Tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, garlic and black pepper. Mix well and spoon into the Small Oval Baker (or small casserole dish with no lid)

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.

Yields: 2 cups (16 servings)

What are some quick and easy appetizers I can make for a party?

We have a variety of delicious, easy-to-prepare appetizer recipes on our website. Some popular options include our mini quiches, bruschetta, and stuffed mushrooms.

Do you have any appetizer recipes that are budget-friendly?

Yes, we understand the importance of staying within a budget. Our selection of appetizer recipes includes options that are both quick and inexpensive, such as our herb and cheese puff pastry bites and sweet and spicy glazed meatballs.

Can I make these appetizers ahead of time?

Absolutely! Many of our appetizer recipes can be prepared in advance and refrigerated until ready to serve. This will save you time and stress on the day of your event.

Are these appetizers suitable for a large group?

Yes, our appetizer recipes can easily be doubled or tripled to accommodate a large group. We also have some recipes that are designed specifically for serving a crowd, such as our crostini platter and fruit salsa with cinnamon chips.

Do you have any vegetarian or gluten-free appetizer options?

Yes, we have a variety of appetizer recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, including vegetarian and gluten-free options. Check out our website for our full selection of appetizer recipes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebbieJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sheput
  • JaimeQ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies