• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Suggestion for a Chinese Appetizer?

In summary, some popular and easy Chinese appetizers to make include egg rolls, potstickers, dumplings, wontons, and spring rolls. Commonly used ingredients in Chinese appetizers include soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions, sesame oil, and rice vinegar. Chinese appetizers can be made ahead of time and there are many vegetarian options available. Traditional Chinese appetizers include steamed pork buns, scallion pancakes, and tea eggs.
esavvymom
Staff member
I am trying to figure out what to do for a simple appetizer (make-ahead or something I can pop in the oven while I prep the main meal) that would go with Chinese? This is for a dinner with friends- nothing show related, but she is wanting to host a show so I'm hoping to secure a date with her (she is hard to get ahold of due to schedule)- so if it's yummy and enticing to start a PC conversation, that's always a plus! :D Course, ANY dinner in my house always comes around to PC because you are essentially at a private cooking show! I have everything PC (even before a consultant).

I would like something that's delicious obviously- but also not too complicated. I'm doing a quick-stir fry for the dinner, so didn't want something with a million steps -or that I could prep ahead and then just pop in the oven later when ready.

Ideas??

What about the potstickers? I haven't actually made them but I've had several people tell me they are very good and they can't be too difficult because my in-laws made them and they are very minimalistic in the cooking department.

I just made the potstickers yesterday for lunch! YUM! They are great dipped in the Wasabi sauce.they are in the SB Fall 2005 behind CC.

I"ve heard BeckyD and some others talking about the steamed wontons... I haven't made them, but they sound chinese...

Love, love, love either the potstickers or the steamed wontons :)

I'm going to try the potstickers....got the ingredients at the store tonight. They sound simple enough. :)Thanks!

What are some easy and delicious Chinese appetizers to make?

Some popular and easy Chinese appetizers to make include egg rolls, potstickers, dumplings, wontons, and spring rolls. These can all be filled with various meats and vegetables and are typically served with a dipping sauce.

What ingredients are commonly used in Chinese appetizers?

Soy sauce, ginger, garlic, green onions, sesame oil, and rice vinegar are commonly used in Chinese appetizers. Other popular ingredients include shrimp, pork, chicken, and various vegetables such as cabbage, carrots, and mushrooms.

Can I make Chinese appetizers ahead of time?

Yes, many Chinese appetizers can be made ahead of time and either frozen or refrigerated until ready to cook. This is especially helpful for parties or gatherings where you want to minimize cooking time.

Are there any vegetarian options for Chinese appetizers?

Yes, there are many vegetarian options for Chinese appetizers. Some popular choices include vegetable dumplings, spring rolls filled with vegetables, and tofu skewers with a flavorful marinade.

What is a traditional Chinese appetizer?

Some traditional Chinese appetizers include steamed pork buns, scallion pancakes, and tea eggs. These dishes have been popular in Chinese cuisine for centuries and are often served as a snack or starter dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kaiser
Replies
Views
Staci
  • DebbieJ
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies