• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need to Keep It Cool for Party for 30+

In summary, the person is having a show tomorrow night and is having trouble because there are too many people coming. They are looking for ideas on what to do and someone suggested a trifle.
fifiplc
Gold Member
Okay! My mind is making this more difficult than it really is, I know. I have a friend that is having a show tomorrow night and 30+ people are attending. It is sort of a housewarming combined with PC. She has a very small home and it has to be inside due to the very hot weather; 95+ degrees. I know I need to stick to using the microwave, but have so many different ideas that I'm stressing myself out! I am going to set up what I can at her home tonight and have to go straight over and have the show when I get off work tomorrow night. Anyone have any really easy, cool and plentiful ideas? She is, of course, having extra snacks and serving drinks. I am not responsible for feeding all of these people, but would like all to get a taste! I will thank you ahead of time for any help you may be able to offer!

What about a Trifle? they serve a lot of people, and you can usually make them pretty cheap. Make it ahead of time.Then maybe if you have some sauces, take 2 and pour them over some Whipped Cream Cheese or a block of cream cheese. (whipped is super easy to spread). Set out some crackers and there's a nice appetizer too. No muss, no fuss.With that many people- I'd probably make the food that you do plan on them eating ahead- like the trifle. Or maybe Chicken Club Squares. Then just do a simple demo with a few key products, either that you used for your recipes, or something you really like to showcase....versus trying to make the actual recipe right there! And then do a catalog-walk through or "Have it Love it" type thing.30 people will keep you busy. :)

The trifle is a great idea, but have to make it the night before because I have to go straight there from work. Do you know of any recipes that are good if you make them that far in advance? But she really wants me to do a demo; main dish or appetizer without using the oven of course!

Make all the stuff for the trifle and assemble it there as your demo :)

Now why didn't I think of that!! Thank you!

What are the best ways to keep food cool for a party of 30 or more people?

To keep food cool for a large party, it is important to have a plan in place. Some effective methods include using coolers with ice packs, keeping food in the refrigerator until it is ready to be served, and utilizing insulated serving dishes. It can also be helpful to serve cold dishes such as salads, fruits, and dips.

How long can food safely sit out at a party without being refrigerated?

It is recommended to not leave perishable foods out for more than 2 hours at room temperature. This can include items such as meat, dairy products, and any dishes with mayonnaise or other dairy-based dressings. It is always better to err on the side of caution and keep food chilled or refrigerated until it is ready to be served.

What are some creative ways to keep drinks cold for a large party?

One option is to fill a large tub or container with ice and place the drinks inside. Another idea is to freeze water bottles or juice boxes and place them in a cooler with the drinks. This not only keeps them cold, but also acts as a refreshing drink as the ice melts. Additionally, you can make ice cubes out of fruit juice or tea to add some flavor to the drinks.

How can I keep my food presentation attractive while also keeping it cool?

There are several ways to keep food cool while still presenting it in an appealing way. You can use ice bowls or trays to keep dishes cold, or place serving dishes on top of a larger container filled with ice. Another option is to use chilled serving platters or plates, or even serve cold dishes on a bed of ice to keep them cool and fresh.

What are some tips for transporting food to a party while keeping it cool?

If you are bringing food to a party, it is important to keep it cool during transportation. Use insulated coolers or bags to keep food at a safe temperature. You can also pack frozen gel packs or frozen water bottles around the food to help keep it cold. It is a good idea to pack perishable items and drinks separately to avoid cross-contamination. And always try to limit the amount of time the food spends in a hot car or outside in warm temperatures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Brenda.the.chef
  • pamperedlinda
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cathyskitchen
Replies
Views
Staci