• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick, Easy & Cheap Dessert Recipes for 5 People

In summary, the conversation was about making salsa and a peanut butter trifle for a show, with the person asking for a quick and cheap dessert recommendation. They also discussed the ingredients and cost of the trifle, and the success of the show (5 people in attendance and $205 in sales). They also mentioned the popularity of the trifle and the disappointment with the show outcome.
SusanBP0129
Only 5 people are confirmed.
So....
I am making salsa with the salad choppers and guacamole with our mix.
Any recommendations for a quick,easy and cheap (LOL!) dessert recipe?Or should I just leave it at the salsa & guac??

Last night I made the salsa and a peanut butter trifle. All ingredients cost me $14.67.

What I bought/had on hand:
garlic clove - had
onion - had
grape tomatoes - bought
cilantro - bought
jalepeno - bought
salt - had
lime - bought

brownie mix - bought
2 pkg. pudding - bought
milk - bought
peanut butter - had
cool whip - bought
peanut butter cups - bought

My trifle recipe:

Bake brownies - have ready
Open 8 peanut butter cups (8 pack by us on sale for $1) and chop with knife into chunks - put in prep bowl in fridge

At show: Melt 1 cup peanut butter in micro cooker, stir in with milk and pudding powder (I reduce milk from 4 cups to about 3-3 1/2 cups put in fridge

Then, I made the salsa with them...when salsa was done we came back to assemble the trifle.

Take half of the brownies, slice and scoop with little metal server and put in bottom of bowl, add 1/2 the pudding mix, add 1/2 of a large cool whip container, repeat...

Sprinkle peanut butter cup chunks on top...

Sorry I don't have a picture, but it looks and tastes great!

You can also demo the EAD for the top but I didn't since I'm desperately trying to cut back on things I take to a show!

Thank you!! I am going to the store to get the trifle ingredients now! :D

Oh....what flavor pudding? Vanilla or chocolate?

Sorry, I used chocolate fudge...

It is a rich dessert but delicious! You may have some left over for yourself, but it is good!!!! I haven't had a complaint on it yet and I've had at least 50 people eat it...

I used dark chocolate brownies this last time but regular works too....

So, how did your show go yesterday?

Well.........
the bad news: there were 5 people. total. NO BOOKINGS and it's at $205 in sales.:( (thanks to the sis of the host who spent $110!!)
BUT they LOVED the salsa and the trifle!! This was the first trifle I ever made, so I am definitely going to do that again!! It was easy and fabulous!!
But I am bummed about theshow outcome. Oh well. Ya win some, ya lose some, right?

SusanBP0129 said:
Well.........
the bad news: there were 5 people. total. NO BOOKINGS and it's at $205 in sales.:( (thanks to the sis of the host who spent $110!!)
BUT they LOVED the salsa and the trifle!! This was the first trifle I ever made, so I am definitely going to do that again!! It was easy and fabulous!!
But I am bummed about theshow outcome. Oh well. Ya win some, ya lose some, right?

Don't feel bad...I had 13 at my last show and only $400 in sales...

I'm really glad they enjoyed the trifle and that it was easy for you! :)

Related to Quick, Easy & Cheap Dessert Recipes for 5 People

1. How can I make a quick and easy dessert for 5 people without spending a lot of money?

One option is to make a simple fruit salad with seasonal fruits. You can also use frozen fruits to save money. Another idea is to make a box cake mix and add some creative toppings, such as whipped cream and sprinkles, to make it more special.

2. Can you suggest a dessert recipe that is both quick and easy to make?

A no-bake option is always a great choice for a quick and easy dessert. You can make a delicious no-bake cheesecake by mixing cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract, and pouring it into a pre-made graham cracker crust. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours and top with your favorite fruit before serving.

3. I have limited baking skills, can you recommend a dessert recipe that is easy to make for 5 people?

A fruit crisp is a perfect option for those with limited baking skills. Simply mix together your choice of fruits, such as apples or berries, and top with a mixture of oats, butter, and brown sugar. Bake for 30 minutes and serve with a scoop of ice cream for a delicious and easy dessert.

4. How can I make a dessert that is both quick and healthy for 5 people?

A parfait made with layers of yogurt, granola, and fresh fruit is a quick and healthy dessert option. You can also try making a fruit sorbet by blending frozen fruits with a splash of juice or milk. Serve in individual cups for a fun and healthy treat.

5. Can you suggest a dessert recipe that is both quick and suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

A flourless chocolate cake is a great option for those with gluten-free dietary restrictions. Simply melt together chocolate and butter, mix in sugar, eggs, and cocoa powder, and bake for 25 minutes. Serve with whipped cream or fresh berries for a delicious and quick dessert.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefheidi2003
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Dutchess
  • mgranich
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • Pampered_Ashley84