• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto - Help :)

In summary, the conversation discusses making a complicated recipe for dinner and using a new rice cooker. The question is raised about using "real" rice instead of converted rice and whether or not to add broth to the dish if using pre-cooked rice. It is suggested to do a quick online search for using real rice in the specific rice cooker and to still add broth for flavor and moisture. The speaker also mentions that the recipe is impressive when done at a show and wishes the other person luck with their dinner.
pamperedchristine
Gold Member
I'm making this for dinner (the recipe is very involved, and taking me forever, i can't imagine doing this for a demo and having to talk, too!)

Anyhow, I just got the rice cooker, but it says that you need to use converted rice. I have 'real' rice... how can I make this work? Plus if you follow the recipe with the pre-cooked rice, it says to add 2 cups of broth with it, but if the rice is already cooked... do you still do that?

Help! :)

Thanks!

I love this recipe. I have made it several times at home and for parties. Yes, if you use the packaged pre-cooked rice you still add the broth. It is very creamy. I hope you end up liking it, it is very good!

When you do it at a show you are constantly moving (like Rachel Ray on 30-minute Meals), but the guests are overly impressed and you show alot of products.

Good luck!

Hey there! I totally understand your frustration with the involved recipe and the added pressure of having to talk during a demo. As for your question about using "real" rice instead of converted rice in your new rice cooker, I would suggest doing a quick Google search to see if anyone has successfully used real rice in that specific model of rice cooker. If not, you may have to follow the instructions and use converted rice for the best results. As for the broth, I would still recommend adding it even if the rice is already cooked. It will help add flavor and moisture to the dish. You can also adjust the amount of broth depending on the consistency you prefer for your rice. I hope this helps and good luck with your dinner! It sounds like it will be worth all the effort. Happy cooking!

1. How long does it take to make Quick Chicken Primavera Risotto?

The total cook time for this recipe is about 30 minutes.

2. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can substitute chicken with shrimp, tofu, or even vegetables for a vegetarian option.

3. Do I need any special equipment to make this recipe?

No, all you need is a large skillet or pan and a spoon for stirring.

4. Can I use any type of rice for the risotto?

It is recommended to use Arborio rice for this recipe as it will give the risotto its creamy texture. However, you can use any short grain rice if Arborio is not available.

5. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?

While this dish is best served fresh, you can make it ahead of time and reheat it on the stove or in the microwave. Keep in mind that the risotto will continue to absorb liquid as it sits, so you may need to add a bit of broth or water when reheating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • ChefJWarren
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefJWarren
  • bridgetbakes