• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Who's Done Chicken Primavera Risotto?

In summary, the conversation was about making a recipe for a host's party. Tips were shared for making the recipe, including using Uncle Ben's pre-cooked rice and watching a demo DVD for tips. Some suggested cooking the rice at the party using a rice cooker, while others preferred to cook it at home and bring it to the party. The recipe was said to be easy and a big seller. Some also shared tips for using the rice cooker for other dishes, such as baked potatoes. There was some discussion about doubling the recipe and what to do with leftovers. In the end, the host decided to make the recipe for practice and may even make it for her party.
heat123
Silver Member
I have a host who wants me to make this recipe. I heard it was good from people in my cluster?
Anyone have any tips to share when making it?

PS. where do you find "pre-cooked" rice in the supermarket? Never seen or bought it before?? OR do they mean frozen premade?

thanks for any tips!

Look for Uncle Ben's in an orange pouch by the regular rice. All you do is microwave it. I eat it for lunch a lot. Also, watch your Spring into Success DVD that came with your changeover kit and it shows someone making the entire recipe and had tips. Good Luck!!

Don't waste your money on teh Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. Just precook some at home using chicken broth and bring it with you. It's WAY cheaper.

I did this recipe once at a show using an electric burner right on the table. It worked out really well.

It sounds really good!

I agree with not wasting your money on the pre-made rice. I cooked the rice at home in the rice cooker - with chicken broth and some garlic and just brought it to the show that way. Everyone oo'ed and ah'ed over how good the rice smelled when I lifted the lid of the rice cooker. Then I just did the demo in the family skillet. I sold 2 rice cookers that day! It's a very good recipe and a good demo.

Cindycooks said:
I agree with not wasting your money on the pre-made rice. I cooked the rice at home in the rice cooker - with chicken broth and some garlic and just brought it to the show that way. Everyone oo'ed and ah'ed over how good the rice smelled when I lifted the lid of the rice cooker. Then I just did the demo in the family skillet. I sold 2 rice cookers that day! It's a very good recipe and a good demo.

what are cooking instructions for making white rice in it? I have cooked brown rice and it takes 35 minutes for 1 cup. Is it the same?

thanks for your tips! Can't wait to try it!

1 cup of white rice generally takes about 16 minutes in my microwave. This recipe is really yummy and easy to prepare as a demo.

If you are cooking the rice in the rice cooker I would put it in at the show. The few times my hosts have chosen not to purchase the pre-made rice and I had to cook it in the rice cooker I start the rice after I set the chicken browning. The rice is done right when I need it. Everyone loves to see it come out perfectly! Then I share dump cake ideas, making baked potatoes in it, and other Rice Cooker ideas. The Rice Cooker is a big seller. I would make the rice at the party.

Baked potatoes, you say?

Hmm thanks for everyone tips! I am nervous because I have never made it before but will try and find the dvd of the demo on it to see how it's done! Hope it turns out well, she's expecting 12 guests.

Hmm should I double the recipe then????

I always make more than I think I need so I always have enough, then I leave any leftovers for the host to feed her put out husband. If there is tons left and I am comfortable with the host I will bring some home to my lonely husband.

gilliandanielle said:
I always make more than I think I need so I always have enough, then I leave any leftovers for the host to feed her put out husband. If there is tons left and I am comfortable with the host I will bring some home to my lonely husband.

I bet the husband appreciates that!

all this worrying for nothing! I just confirmed with the host and now she wants a ring!!! ayyee, ohwell I should probably make this dish just for practice and have the family try it out!

Heather - it is a great recipe. You should really try it. I make it with and without the chicken so it's a main dish or a side dish.

Also, I prefer using the Uncle Ben's Chicken flavored rice - the dehydrated kind. I prefer the texture with the dehydrated rice, it is drier and less clumpy.

Gosh, am I the only one that would rather buy the pre-made?? Maybe I should stop feeding my dog out of my rice cooker and use it once in a while ;)

gilliandanielle said:
Gosh, am I the only one that would rather buy the pre-made?? Maybe I should stop feeding my dog out of my rice cooker and use it once in a while ;)

LMAO....;) ;) ;)

Ginger:cool:

Anne--Yes, I make baked potatoes in the Rice Cooker. I can fit 5-6 med sized potatoes then I add 1 tablespoon of water and put both lids on the cooker and nuke for 16 minutes (or so depending on the microwave). Perfect baked potatoes everytime!! No crunchy ends. For fewer potatoes cook for less time, of course. One of my customers said it only took her microwave 7 minutes to do 4 potatoes. So you kinda have to play with it to get all of the timing down for your machine.

I say it is my Wednesday night bible study night dinner. Ready in 20 minutes! Start the bacon in the oven 20 minutes, then there's cheese, chives, chili (from a jar), and sour cream. Everything is done at about the same time and served on the Entertaining Set.

Thanks ChefKearnS!

Thanks Anne! I would never feed my dog out of PC wear, but DH was "helping" and put dog food in my "bowl" (rice cooker plus!) and put it outside. If anyone every asks if they are durable you can tell them that they can hold up outside through an Alaskan winter!!

Gillian, I'm with you. I love the pre-made rice, too. There are so many flavors out there now, and they're GOOD, and it's so convenient. Don't get me wrong -still love the Rice Cooker Plus, but to me the rice is worth the extra $$$ (and I watch for sales and stock up)!

Diane

gilliandanielle said:
Thanks Anne! I would never feed my dog out of PC wear, but DH was "helping" and put dog food in my "bowl" (rice cooker plus!) and put it outside. If anyone every asks if they are durable you can tell them that they can hold up outside through an Alaskan winter!!

That cracks me up! I will be sure to use it!

It is that Alaskan mentality- a bowl is a bowl no matter how much you paid for it or what it is supposed to do. A little hard to get past at my shows sometimes!

I've always used two boxes of Rice A Roni and cooked it in the rice cooker.

I made this and it was AWESOME!! My hubby thought he was at an italian restaurant. However, when I added the rice I noticed a few little pieces turned BLUE!! It was so weird. I think it was some kinda reaction to the lemon juice. Still tasted good. lol

1. What ingredients do I need to make Chicken Primavera Risotto?

To make Chicken Primavera Risotto, you will need:
- Arborio rice
- Chicken breasts
- Olive oil
- Garlic
- Onion
- Chicken broth
- White wine
- Vegetables (such as bell peppers, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes)
- Parmesan cheese
- Seasonings (such as salt, pepper, and Italian herbs)

2. How long does it take to cook Chicken Primavera Risotto?

Cooking time for Chicken Primavera Risotto is approximately 30 minutes. However, prep time may take an additional 10-15 minutes.

3. Can I use a different type of rice for this recipe?

We recommend using Arborio rice for the best results. However, you can also use other types of short-grain rice if Arborio is not available.

4. Can I substitute the chicken with a different protein?

Yes, you can substitute the chicken with a different protein such as shrimp, tofu, or sausage. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

5. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?

Yes, you can make a vegetarian version of Chicken Primavera Risotto by using vegetable broth instead of chicken broth and omitting the chicken. You can also add in additional vegetables or protein alternatives to make it more filling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferknapp
  • byrd1956
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76