• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicken Enchilada Ring...what Am I Doing Wrong?

In summary, the conversation is about making a chicken enchilada ring using crescent rolls. Some tips and diagrams are provided on how to properly arrange and use the crescent rolls. The author of the recipe also shares their experience with making the dish and mentions that practice will make it easier.
kaceyleigh2
I just made the recipe...it's still in the oven...but I'm not sure what I did wrong...I have a ton of chicken mixture left over and it said to use 2 packages of crescent rolls and I could only fit 1. Does anyone have any quick tips on working with the cresent rolls? Do I cut them into small triangles or do I use the big ones that are already pre-cut?
Hopefully it at least tastes good! I'm making it next week at a show and I want to make sure I get it right! Thanks ~Kac

Chicken Enchilda RingI use two cans of crescent rolls and what I do is lay your first can of crescent on the large stone- lay in a circle with points of crescent rolls pointing out, then take second can of rolls and do a overlapping
of the rolls so what I mean is move them around till they all fit with points pointing out.Overlap at the wide ends. Then I roll the wides to seal them together and then put on my filling- yes sometimes I come out with more filling to.
Hope this didn't confuse!!!!
If your still confused e mail me and I will send you a picture of how to do it.;)

It varies when I do it... it depends greatly on the size can of cresent rolls... all of a sudden there is a larger size out there in the brand name... 2 cans of those is too much when I make it.

If you have access to an "All The Best" cookbook - there are step by step pictured instructions on how to do rings, wreaths, and braids in there - I could never get them to look right until I had this cookbook!

keep adding the filling in between the other mounds of filling.
Teresa

Here are diagrams of the wreath and the braid. Hope they help.

Attachments

• Braid_Pictures.doc
    240 KB · Views: 291
  • Wreath_Pictures.doc
    249.5 KB · Views: 268
I'm so glad you sent these pics... technically... other than wrapping some points from the center... what is the difference in a ring vs. a wreath? Or is there not really any difference?

tlennhoff said:
Here are diagrams of the wreath and the braid. Hope they help.

Thank you everyone for the tips! The pictures really helped and I see what I did wrong with my triangles...Overall the recipe came out ok...it tasted good and it didn't look as bad as I expected...just a little sparse...I will have to try it again before my show...to practice...

If you use all the filling it will gush out, but won't be so sparse. Just serve on a plate with forks, nobody should mind lots of filling.

quiverfull7 said:
I'm so glad you sent these pics... technically... other than wrapping some points from the center... what is the difference in a ring vs. a wreath? Or is there not really any difference?

I have no idea what the difference is between a ring and a wreath. Someone from this forum emailed me the pictures a couple of weeks ago and I was able to modify them so that I could upload them for everyone to use.

kaceyleigh2 said:
Thank you everyone for the tips! The pictures really helped and I see what I did wrong with my triangles...Overall the recipe came out ok...it tasted good and it didn't look as bad as I expected...just a little sparse...I will have to try it again before my show...to practice...

Let us know how your practice goes. I'm guessing the more you make these the easier they will be.

1. How do I prevent my chicken enchilada ring from falling apart?

To prevent your chicken enchilada ring from falling apart, make sure to use enough filling and seal the edges of the ring tightly. You can also try using a toothpick to hold the ring together while it bakes.

2. Why is my chicken enchilada ring soggy?

If your chicken enchilada ring is soggy, it may be because you used too much sauce or added too many wet ingredients. Try using less sauce and draining any excess liquid from your filling before assembling the ring.

3. How can I make my chicken enchilada ring spicier?

If you want to add more spice to your chicken enchilada ring, you can use a spicier enchilada sauce or add diced jalapenos or hot sauce to the filling. You can also sprinkle some red pepper flakes on top before baking.

4. Can I use a different type of protein in my chicken enchilada ring?

Yes, you can use a different type of protein in your chicken enchilada ring. Ground beef, shredded pork, or black beans are all great options. Just make sure to cook the protein before adding it to the ring.

5. How long does it take to bake a chicken enchilada ring?

On average, a chicken enchilada ring takes about 25-30 minutes to bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. However, the exact time may vary depending on the size and thickness of your ring. It is important to always check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure it is fully cooked (165 degrees Fahrenheit for chicken).

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SarahT
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Lisa/ChefBear
  • heatherstobbs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
kcjodih
  • millerswamp