• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken With Creamy Risotto

In summary, the conversation was about a homemade chicken and mushroom rice casserole that was very delicious. The person who made it shared their experience with using Texmati rice instead of instant and the tip of adding milk to the eggs when breading chicken. The recipe and instructions were also provided for others to try.
esavvymom
Staff member
Oh my gosh! This is so good- least I think so! :chef:

I cut the chicken breasts into tenders to cook faster. I'm not the greatest at keeping the breading ON the chicken (think I cooked too many in the skillet at once).

I used Texmati rice, instead of instant, so I had to use about 3 cups of rice instead of 2- because of the liquid not being absorbed by instant rice.

But the taste is very creamy and delicious.
Had to share. :)

I just made this for dinner tonight as well - very good! My suggestion for breading chicken - add just a splash of milk to your eggs before dipping into the bread crumbs. I've been coating chicken for years this way - works like a charm!

Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Rice CasseroleIngredients:- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into tenders- 1 cup all-purpose flour- 1 teaspoon garlic powder- 1 teaspoon paprika- Salt and pepper, to taste- 2 tablespoons olive oil- 1 onion, diced- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced- 2 cloves garlic, minced- 2 cups chicken broth- 1 cup heavy cream- 2 cups instant rice- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsleyInstructions:1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.2. In a shallow dish, mix together the flour, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Dredge the chicken tenders in the flour mixture, shaking off any excess.3. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken tenders and cook until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.4. In the same skillet, add the onion and mushrooms. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional minute.5. Pour in the chicken broth and heavy cream, stirring to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes.6. Stir in the instant rice and cook for 3 minutes, until the rice is slightly softened.7. Transfer the mixture to a greased 9x13 inch baking dish. Place the chicken tenders on top of the rice mixture.8. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through.9. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving. Enjoy!

1. What ingredients do I need to make Parmesan-Crusted Chicken With Creamy Risotto?

To make this dish, you will need chicken breasts, breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, eggs, butter, olive oil, arborio rice, chicken broth, heavy cream, and vegetables such as spinach and cherry tomatoes.

2. Can I use a different type of rice for the risotto?

Yes, you can use any type of short-grain rice for the risotto, but arborio rice is the most commonly used and will provide the creamiest texture.

3. Do I have to use chicken broth for the risotto?

While chicken broth adds a lot of flavor to the risotto, you can substitute it with vegetable broth or even water if you prefer. Just make sure to adjust the seasoning accordingly.

4. Can I make this dish ahead of time?

The chicken can be breaded and refrigerated for up to 4 hours before cooking. The risotto is best served immediately after cooking, but you can reheat it on the stove or in the microwave if needed.

5. Can I use a different type of cheese for the Parmesan crust?

Yes, you can use any type of hard cheese, such as Pecorino Romano or Asiago, in place of Parmesan. Each cheese will add a slightly different flavor to the dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefann
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
JDooley
  • Kate0831
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
StacieB
  • legacypc46