• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question Ref Wireless Streaming

In summary, the conversation is asking for recommendations on a device to wirelessly stream video from the internet to a TV, specifically for watching British comedies. The Roku device is mentioned, but requires credit card information to activate. Other suggestions include using a Wii or setting up a computer with a VGA input and wireless keyboard and mouse. It is also noted that the availability of British comedies may be limited in the US.
legacypc46
Gold Member
Question for those of you who are more tech-literate than me:

Any recommendations on a device that allows you to wirelessly stream video (ie. netflix) from your internet to your TV? The 'roku'(?) device gets fairly good ratings, but wants your credit card info to activate it...even though you aren't purchasing anything with it.

I really appreciate any advice you more experienced techies can offer. My is living with us now and she is missing her British comedies! (The PBS offerings here are limited).

As always, thanks in advance!
leggy

I haven't researched the Roku, because we stream Netflix through our Wii. Maybe there are paid services you can get through it and that's why it would need a CC.

J.D. Roth's website, Get Rich Slowly - Personal Finance That Makes Cents, has an annual video contest, and the 2011 winner showed how he saves money on cable TV. Maybe there are tips you can find in his video:

HTPC Rap - YouTube

We have a 50" Plasma HDTV which has a VGA input, so we've moved the desktop PC into the living room, and hooked it up to the TV as if it's a big monitor. We purchased a wireless keyboard and mouse, and we can now browse anything that's available on the internet through the TV. Most online broadcasts of shows have a "Full Screen" option, which then makes it appear as if you were watching regular TV.

As for the British comedies, one thing to check into is the availability of them in the US. Most networks/websites restrict their availability to the countries in which they're originally broadcast. DH tried to watch a CBS show while we were on vacation in Finland using my laptop, and the website said that they were unable to provide the feed because based on the IP address, they could tell he was outside of the US. I've had the reverse happen with broadcasts from Finland I'd like to view while here.

Once you find a source, it might help you figure out what method you need to access the shows.

girlHi leggygirl,I would highly recommend the Amazon Fire Stick or the Google Chromecast. Both of these devices allow you to wirelessly stream video from your internet to your TV, including Netflix. They are both easy to set up and do not require any credit card information to activate. The Amazon Fire Stick also has access to a wide range of channels and apps, including PBS and British comedy channels. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Related to Question Ref Wireless Streaming

What is Question Ref Wireless Streaming?

Question Ref Wireless Streaming is a feature offered by Pampered Chef that allows you to stream live cooking demonstrations, training videos, and virtual parties from your mobile device or computer.

How do I access Question Ref Wireless Streaming?

To access Question Ref Wireless Streaming, you will need to log in to your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the "My Account" section. From there, you can click on the "Question Ref Wireless Streaming" tab to start streaming.

Do I need any special equipment to use Question Ref Wireless Streaming?

No, you do not need any special equipment to use Question Ref Wireless Streaming. As long as you have a stable internet connection and a device that can access the internet, you can use this feature.

Can I watch Question Ref Wireless Streaming on my TV?

Yes, you can watch Question Ref Wireless Streaming on your TV by using a device such as a Chromecast, Apple TV, or Roku. Simply connect your device to your TV and stream the content from your mobile device or computer to your TV.

Are there any additional fees for using Question Ref Wireless Streaming?

No, there are no additional fees for using Question Ref Wireless Streaming. This feature is included in your Pampered Chef consultant account at no extra cost.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
3RingChef