• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help with PWS Formatting and Bolding Titles

In summary, Ann uses the <b></b> and <i></i> tags to make titles bold and italic, respectively. To add an extra blank line, she uses the <br> tag.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
Hey guys,

I have been looking at other people's websites and I've noticed that some of you are able to make some of your titles in the News section bold. How do you do that? Also, I struggle with spacing and stuff. I get my doc looking the way I want it in the edit screen, but when it loads to my PWS it crams everything together. Can you more tech savvy people offer any tips and suggestions?

I signed up for the Tech Talk class at NC, but didn't go because people were telling me it was more about P3 than the PWS. I guess I should've gone and just asked my stupid questions anyway. Hopefully you won't hold that against me. Help me if you can :eek: .

Thanks!

You can look up HTML Codes online. They only let us use a few. Bold
Underline
ItalicsPut <> around B and use the /b to end the bold section. If your spaces b/t paragraphs aren't holding, maybe do 2 spaces? Just play with it and be sure to read through when you are done b/c it doesn't like all characters that Word "helps" you with.

So <b>bold info </b>

The trick with PWS is to remember that we have VERY FEW formatting options specifically so that the pages maintain a modicum of professionalism, and we don't have flashing colors and tacky pics all over the place.

To make a title bold, use the <b></b> tags around it. For italic, use <i></i>. To add an extra blank line, use <br>.

Thanks guys!! If there are any other tips and tricks please post.

Doh!Um, yeah, so I'm a techie person and do websites myself. Why didn't I think of that?!?!?! Seriously! Just had to give myself a verbal smack! ;-)

I really wish we could do a bulleted list, but I do understand why HO limits us. :)

what Ann does is about the limit unfortunately! I used tomaintain the websites for the school system and it kills me that I can't do more with ours!

this is what i got from here when i fisrt set up my site
write your text in the middle of the symbols

<b></b> will get you bold text
<i></i> for italics
<u></u> for underline
<br> before the title will double space it for you

btw you can actually do all 4 things to the same txt, just remember to end in the same order :)

I'm actually happy they allow that much. Yes, increasing font would be nice or changing color, but it's very tasteful this way (I'm one that probably needs to be held back). Less options means more time here though! Attaching a pdf or something would be nice though.

Thank you guys! Love that Double Space one. I think it makes it easier to read the list from the homepage when you have a little space between titles.

Related to Help with PWS Formatting and Bolding Titles

1. What is PWS formatting?

PWS formatting is a style of formatting used by Pampered Chef consultants when creating digital materials, such as recipes or product information. It involves using specific fonts, colors, and layouts to create a cohesive and professional look.

2. How do I bold titles in PWS formatting?

To bold titles in PWS formatting, simply highlight the text you want to bold and click the "B" button in the formatting toolbar. This will make the text bold and adhere to PWS formatting guidelines.

3. Is there a specific font I should use for PWS formatting?

Yes, there is a specific font that is recommended for PWS formatting. It is called "Crimson Text" and can be downloaded for free online. However, if you do not have access to this font, you can use a similar serif font such as Times New Roman or Georgia.

4. Can I use PWS formatting for my own personal documents?

While PWS formatting is designed specifically for Pampered Chef consultants to use for business materials, you are welcome to use it for personal documents as well. However, it is important to keep in mind that PWS formatting is trademarked and should not be used for any other business or commercial purposes.

5. How can I learn more about PWS formatting?

We offer training and resources for Pampered Chef consultants to learn more about PWS formatting and how to use it effectively. You can also reach out to your team leader or our customer service team for additional support and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • esavvymom