• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question on Giant Cinnamon Rolls Recipe...

In summary, the conversation discusses making, storing, and customizing giant cinnamon rolls. The first question asks if the rolls can be prepared ahead of time and baked later, to which the response is yes, they can be refrigerated overnight before baking. The second question asks about using a different type of flour, to which the response recommends all-purpose flour but suggests experimentation. The third question asks if the rolls can be frozen, and the response is yes, after baking and cooling. The fourth question asks about making the glaze ahead of time, and the response is yes, it can be made and stored in the fridge before use. The final question asks about adding other ingredients to the rolls, and the response suggests options such as nuts, rais
kat29
I'm tring to make the Giant Cinnamon Rolls Recipe in the More Stoneware Sensations Cookbook. Anyway, I bought a hot roll mix with a yeast packet. Well I went to open it today and the mix is in there but the yeast packet isn't. Is it Active yeast that goes in it? I have some yeast packets but some are active and a couple are rapid rise. I really want to make them, just not sure what yeast packet to use. Thanks for the help.

I would use the "active" but if I'm not mistaken, the "rapid rise" just means that it takes less time for the recipe to rise.

Look at the expiration dates. If you use expired yeast it may not rise...

It is most likely active yeast that goes in the hot roll mix. However, to be sure, you can check the ingredients list on the hot roll mix package or the recipe in the cookbook to see if it specifies which type of yeast to use. If not, you can use active yeast for best results. If you only have rapid rise yeast, you can still use it, but the rising time may be shorter. Just follow the instructions on the yeast packet for the correct amount to use.

1. Can I make the giant cinnamon rolls ahead of time and bake them later?

Yes, you can prepare the giant cinnamon rolls up to the point of baking, cover them tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight. When ready to bake, let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes before baking as directed.

2. Can I use a different type of flour for this recipe?

We recommend using all-purpose flour for this recipe as it yields the best results. However, you can experiment with different types of flour, but the texture and taste may be slightly different.

3. Can I freeze the giant cinnamon rolls?

Yes, you can freeze the cinnamon rolls after they have been baked and cooled. Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and then place them in a freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to eat, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight and warm them up in the oven before serving.

4. Can I make the glaze ahead of time?

Yes, you can make the glaze a day ahead of time and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When ready to use, let it sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes and stir before drizzling it over the warm cinnamon rolls.

5. Can I add other ingredients to the cinnamon rolls?

Yes, you can customize the cinnamon rolls by adding ingredients like chopped nuts, raisins, or chocolate chips to the filling before rolling them up. You can also experiment with different types of glazes or toppings, such as a cream cheese frosting or a caramel drizzle.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CRuff
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Ashley8634
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
chefshawna
  • KelleyD