• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question About the Executive Cookware...

In summary, the author scratches a professional-grade pan and is worried that it won't last because of the scratches. The lifetime warranty covers the pan if it is used correctly, but if it is miss used or scratched, it is not covered.
BlessedWifeMommy
Okay so it turns out I must be really rough on pans. I scratched the 8" saute that came with my kit. I was being so careful, but the other morning I was in a hurry and grabbed a metal fork to get an egg out of the pan. I know it is a no no, and it was my mistake. It was so easy to scratch.

Now I'm looking at my new 12" skillet. It isn't scratched, but it looks marred. It doesn't look new anymore. I've used nylon tools and bamboo it in.

I guess my question comes down, I've heard many people say that these are the last set of pans you would ever have to buy. I just can't say that now that I have scratched mine.

Thoughts?

Mine all have scratch marks. I show them to people at shows and say that the beauty of that is that it doesn't effect the way it cooks, and I know it won't peel, chip, or crack off...even though it's scratched! That's just every day wear and tear!

Thanks Becky, I guess I was trying too hard to keep it looking new. You are right, people will most likely scratch theirs and they need to know that it is just wear and tear.

Yes, you can still say that. It's scratched, but the finish isn't peeling or flaking. That's the difference.

and they are the only pans you'll ever have to buy because of their life time warranty. I love my 12" - actually enjoy making really messy things in it because it comes out clean in seconds.

doughmama said:
and they are the only pans you'll ever have to buy because of their life time warranty. I love my 12" - actually enjoy making really messy things in it because it comes out clean in seconds.

But the life time warranty doesn't cover the pan if it is miss used or scratched by wear and tear.

Actually after reading the Use and care, I'm not sure what could happen to the pan were you could send it back and have it covered under the warranty. If it warps, it was missed used by putting it on too high of heat. If the coating is scratched and starts to flake, it is miss use or wear and tear. Maybe I'm just being pessimistic.

I think the lifetime warranty is a great statement that the company expects this product to last, if used correctly.

doughmama said:

I forgot to say, I love my 12 inch too, I made rice crispy treats yesterday (the stickiest thing I can think of, and it came out and cleaned up sooooo well!

I've noticed this too. Actually, my mom has professional and while it's not exactly peeling, There are pieces sticking up that you can pull off. Ick! She doesn't use anything bad on it either.

doughmama said:

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Jules711 said:
I've noticed this too. Actually, my mom has professional and while it's not exactly peeling, There are pieces sticking up that you can pull off. Ick! She doesn't use anything bad on it either.

I would try to get this replaced.

Jules711 said:

Actually, that reminds me. My Mom has the same thing that happened to a 8 inch professional one too (she bought it from me in 2000, when I sold before). Who knows where the receipt is???
When I started selling again she bought a stainless steal one, that is probably why she didn't want a executive one.

This is why I don't want to buy a whole set of executive pans. I love it for the skillet and saute pans, but for me SS is the way to go for other pots. Even the tapping the spoon or mix n chop on the side of the pan to shake off the excess food from it makes little dings in the edge. I still love it and use it, but have noticed it does that, so it has confirmed my decision to stick to getting the SS set later on (when I can afford it). :)

I had a customer who got a replacement pan because it warped and another because the coating looked weird (her words). This was before I was a consultant and she was with another consultant so I never saw the pan, but she had had the set for 7 years so I think the coating was just from wear and tear and they replaced it all no questions asked (she RAVES about the customer service experience).

babywings76 said:
This is why I don't want to buy a whole set of executive pans. I love it for the skillet and saute pans, but for me SS is the way to go for other pots. Even the tapping the spoon or mix n chop on the side of the pan to shake off the excess food from it makes little dings in the edge. I still love it and use it, but have noticed it does that, so it has confirmed my decision to stick to getting the SS set later on (when I can afford it). :)

That's bizarre, because my set of Exec which I earned in 2007 looks like new. It holds up really well. I use Bamboo, Silicone Scrapers, and Nylon Tools in it and that's it.

1. What is the Executive Cookware and how is it different from other Pampered Chef cookware?

The Executive Cookware is a line of high-quality cookware designed for both professional and home cooks. It is made from a durable tri-ply stainless steel material that heats evenly and is suitable for use on all stovetops, including induction. The main difference between the Executive Cookware and other Pampered Chef cookware is the tri-ply construction, which allows for superior heat distribution and retention.

2. Is the Executive Cookware dishwasher safe?

Yes, all pieces of the Executive Cookware are dishwasher safe. However, for best results and to prolong the lifespan of the cookware, it is recommended to hand wash with warm soapy water.

3. Can the Executive Cookware be used in the oven?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is oven safe up to 500°F. This makes it perfect for dishes that require both stovetop and oven cooking, such as searing and then finishing in the oven.

4. Does the Executive Cookware come with a warranty?

Yes, all Pampered Chef products come with a satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your Executive Cookware, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund or exchange. Additionally, the cookware is covered by a limited lifetime warranty for any manufacturing defects.

5. Can I use metal utensils with the Executive Cookware?

Yes, the Executive Cookware is made from a durable stainless steel material that can withstand the use of metal utensils. However, for best results and to prevent scratching, it is recommended to use wooden or silicone utensils.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Bren706
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • FFBearPChef