• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Qeustion About Strawberry Amaretto Pastries

In summary, these are a favorite at my house and are easy to make, but assembling them the night before is time consuming.
nickywsn
I'd Like To Bring These To A Show Next Week. Can These Be Made The Night Before?

I don't think that I would assemble it the night before but it should be okay to go ahead and slice the strawberries, bake the puff pastry but do not split until ready to use, and make the filling the night before. Then all you have to do is split and fill. I'm just afraid that the pastry would get soggy if you assemble it too soon.

I love these! I make them all the time. And I have made them the night before and thought they were still excellent the next day.

The puff pastry didn't get soggy? I guess when I had left overs I thought the pastry was soggy the next day. Hmmm. maybe it's just me. LOL:p

I Love These! They Are Sooo Good. But Find That To Do Them At A Show From Beginning To End Is Time Consuming ... Does Anyone Else Think That? Or Am I Just Not Good Enough At My Job? Lol

I have eaten these many times at cluster meetings and they are SO yummy - I am dying to try them out at a show -- anyone have a show outline for these (other than the cards from HO)

AmarettoJust thought I'd throw this in here - as I was making these to "practice" on my family, I starting thinking that the name is "Amaretto" - not imitation almond flavoring, or almond extract... SO I made them with Amaretto! (Double the amount of flavoring called-for in the recipe actually!;) ) You all totally need to try them this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may even treat show guests to a little of my stash.... They were too good!!!!!

I love amaretto- hmmm
Haven't tried it with the pastries though.
As for making the night before, I guess you could make them and keep all the ingredients separated until the party. If you put them together you'll be forced to refridgerate and I don't think they're as good cold- and they do get a tad soggy.
Personally, I think they are really easy to make at a party- I often omit the almonds though to avoid nut allergies. At the very beginning of the show I slice the pastries and throw em in the oven, and then spend the next 10-15 minutes making the whipped cream and cutting strawberries. I think it takes about 30 minutes total for me from starting them to finishing them (often I don't start until about 10 minutes into the show so I can talk about PC) just because of limited space to work with and because I'm talking too.

abrahamlaur said:
But Find That To Do Them At A Show From Beginning To End Is Time Consuming ... Does Anyone Else Think That? Or Am I Just Not Good Enough At My Job? Lol

These are a favorite at my house! My three youngest kiddos (ages 7-13) are experts at assembling them.:D

I made these start to finish at my very first cooking show, and didn't have a problem with the time. However, it was an afternoon show, and it was the only recipe I did. I definitely wouldn't do them, if I were demoing more than one recipe.

BTW, I don't think it's any reflection on how well you do your job!;)

I made 2 batches of these at a show on Friday night. The puff pastry was just about done when the guests arrived, so it was cooling in front of them when we started. Guests were impressed with how easy the rest was. (Two of them finished making them for us.)

On a practice run at home, I was out of almond extract and used marischino cherry juice. Tasted good, and a very pretty pink :)

Related to Qeustion About Strawberry Amaretto Pastries

1. What ingredients are needed to make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries?

To make Strawberry Amaretto Pastries, you will need 1 sheet of puff pastry, 8 ounces of cream cheese, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1 teaspoon of almond extract, 1 cup of diced strawberries, and 1/4 cup of sliced almonds.

2. How do I assemble the pastries?

To assemble the pastries, begin by rolling out the puff pastry sheet on a floured surface. Cut the sheet into 6 equal squares. In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sugar, and almond extract. Spread a spoonful of the mixture onto each square of puff pastry. Top with a few diced strawberries and a sprinkle of sliced almonds. Fold the pastry diagonally to create a triangle shape. Use a fork to crimp the edges and seal the pastry. Repeat for all 6 squares. Brush the tops with an egg wash and bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.

3. Can I use frozen strawberries instead of fresh?

Yes, you can use frozen strawberries for this recipe. However, it is best to thaw and drain them before using to prevent excess moisture in the pastries.

4. How should I store the pastries?

The pastries can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. They can also be frozen for up to 1 month. To reheat, simply place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.

5. Can I substitute the almond extract with another flavor?

Yes, you can substitute the almond extract with vanilla extract or any other desired flavor. You can also omit the extract altogether if preferred.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LakesideMom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
LakesideMom
Replies
Views
Kristina21
  • Joyful
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies