• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Pull Aparts in Executive 12" Family Skillet

In summary, participants in the conversation discussed making pull aparts in different skillet sizes and shared their experiences with various types of pans. They also offered advice on the amount of ingredients and suggested trying the recipe at home before making it for a large group. Some participants also mentioned the challenges they faced with the recipe, such as the icing tasting bitter and the butter and sugar boiling over. Despite these challenges, the pull aparts were generally agreed upon as a delicious and popular dish.
jcwarr
i read the thread on pull aparts - but couldn't find if anyone has done it in the family skillet. if anyone has done it - please let me know how you did it. i have never made them - and i'm not sure if i should double it or what. i'm planning on doing the garlic ones. thanks!!!!

I wouldn't really recommend using the 12" skillet unless you were feeding an army. I would think you'd need to use 3-4 tubes to fill the pan full enough. I used the 10" skillet on Sunday (8 count tube) for my family (I was too lazy to dig through my crate for the saute pan!) and it wasn't the same. It only made one layer and they weren't as buttery. If you use the 8 count tube it makes 32 pieces, that should be enough for everyone to sample.

advicethanks for the advice - i am always making more work fo rmyself than need be!!! would the 8" skillet work well for the garlic pull aparts?

I've made the pull aparts in the grill pan(don't have the family, yet) and I used 4 tubes, 1/2 cup brown sugar, and 2 sticks of butter! DO NOT DO THAT MUCH IN THAT SKILLET! I did this for a fundraiser at a day care and the brown sugar and butter boiled over in the oven and set off the smoke detector! Which continued to go off for my ENTIRE demo! To make matters worse the day care is across the road from the fire dept! At one point the owners son came in to get some keys from his wife and told us that the fire dept had opened the garage doors! I was certain that I'd end up with a boat load of firemen standing in the middle of my show! NOT THAT THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN AN ALTOGETHER BAD THING! :D

If you are expecting a crowd of 20 or more I'd triple the recipe and make it in the next biggest skillet! Although, I'd try it at home FIRST! This was my fatal flaw with making more. I just guessed at how much to do and hadn't tried it at home before!

jcwarr said:
thanks for the advice - i am always making more work fo rmyself than need be!!! would the 8" skillet work well for the garlic pull aparts?

The recipe is actually made for the 8" saute pans. So that will work perfectly!

I recently did the pull aparts in the stoneware fluted pan... and the butter/sugar boiled over and set off the hosts smoke alarms as well. I had 23 people in attendance (including childred) and several of the kids were running around crying when the smoke alarms went off. Plus to make it worse...the bread in the bottom of the pan wasn't completely done when we pulled it out... what a mess. I should have just made it in my skillet and been done! Oh well... everyone laughed about it...well, everyone but me :)

mandydollie said:
I recently did the pull aparts in the stoneware fluted pan... and the butter/sugar boiled over and set off the hosts smoke alarms as well. I had 23 people in attendance (including childred) and several of the kids were running around crying when the smoke alarms went off. Plus to make it worse...the bread in the bottom of the pan wasn't completely done when we pulled it out... what a mess. I should have just made it in my skillet and been done! Oh well... everyone laughed about it...well, everyone but me :)

Oh no! I would have died:eek: Hope you at least ended up with good sales! There's your pitch that 'anyone can do my job!'

I LOVE the pull aparts in the saute pan! always a huge hit!

I use the Grands biscuits and they fit into the 10 inch skillet. I am doing a show next weekend and the host wants to double the recipe, so I'm planning to use 2 packages of Grands in the 12-in. skillet. I'll probably use about 6 tablespoons of butter.

I also have a question about the cinnamon pull-aparts with the vanilla icing. Does anyone notice their icing taste bitter? I've found that the generic brand tastes the best, but I still get a bitter aftertaste. IS it because I put it on when the biscuits are still so hot?

Sales weren't so great... she's around $370, BUT I got three bookings and a recruit lead. At least it was a fun group and we just kept on chopping things while the smoke detectors were going off.

Related to Pull Aparts in Executive 12" Family Skillet

What is the Executive 12" Family Skillet?

The Executive 12" Family Skillet is a versatile and durable skillet made by Pampered Chef. It is designed to be used on the stovetop, in the oven, or on the grill, making it perfect for a variety of dishes.

Can the Executive 12" Family Skillet be used for pull aparts?

Yes, the Executive 12" Family Skillet is a great choice for making pull aparts. Its large size and non-stick surface make it easy to prepare and serve delicious pull apart dishes.

Is it safe to put the Executive 12" Family Skillet in the oven?

Yes, the Executive 12" Family Skillet is oven-safe up to 450°F. This makes it perfect for creating pull aparts that require baking in the oven.

How many servings can the Executive 12" Family Skillet hold?

The Executive 12" Family Skillet can hold up to 8 servings, making it perfect for feeding a large group or family. It is also great for leftovers or meal prepping.

What are some recipe ideas for pull aparts in the Executive 12" Family Skillet?

There are endless possibilities for pull apart recipes in the Executive 12" Family Skillet. Some popular options include cheesy garlic bread, pepperoni pizza pull aparts, and apple cinnamon monkey bread. You can also get creative and come up with your own unique recipes using your favorite ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Nanisu
  • KateInTheKitchen
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
chefloretta
Replies
Views
wadesgirl