• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew

In summary, to make Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew, you will need chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, bell peppers, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and a variety of spices such as cumin, oregano, and adobo. You can use boneless chicken for this recipe, but using bone-in chicken will add more flavor. This stew can also be made in a slow cooker, and its distinct flavor comes from traditional Puerto Rican ingredients and spices. While it's recommended to follow the recipe as is, substitutions can be made based on personal preferences or dietary restrictions.
Unic0rn76
Does anyone have the recipe for the Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew from the Latin cookbook? I forgot my cookbook at home and someone asked me for the recipe.

Thanks!

3/4 lb smoked ham
3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
1 can (48 oz.) chicken broth
1 1/2 cups prepared sofrito
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1 can (15 oz) pigeon peas, drained
1 cup cooked white rice
2 medium avocados
Hot sauce (optional)

Dice ham into 1/2-inch pieces using Chef's Knife. Dice chicken into 1-inch pieces. In (8qt.) Stockpot, heat 1 tsp of the oil over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add ham to Stockpot and cook 2-3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally with Mega Scraper. Remove ham to Classic Batter Bowl. Add remaining 1 tsp oil and chicken to Stockpot. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.

Add ham, broth, tomato sauce and sofrito to Stockpot. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium. Chop cilantro and oregano; set cilantro aside. Add oregano, pigeon peas and rice to stew; cook 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, peel and dice avocados using Avocado Peeler. Ladle stew into bowls, top with avocado, cilantro and hot sauce, if desired.

Thank you so much!!!!
:D

1. How do I make Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew?

To make Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew, you will need chicken, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, bell peppers, tomato sauce, chicken broth, and a variety of spices such as cumin, oregano, and adobo. Start by browning the chicken in a large pot, then add in the vegetables, spices, and liquids. Let it simmer for about an hour, and your stew will be ready to serve!

2. Can I use boneless chicken for this recipe?

Yes, you can use boneless chicken for Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew. However, using bone-in chicken will add more flavor to the dish.

3. Can I make this stew in a slow cooker?

Yes, you can make Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew in a slow cooker. Simply follow the same steps as the stovetop method, but let it cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.

4. What makes this chicken stew "Puerto Rican-style"?

This chicken stew is called "Puerto Rican-style" because it uses traditional Puerto Rican ingredients and spices, such as adobo and sofrito, to give it a distinct flavor. It is also a popular dish in Puerto Rican cuisine.

5. Can I substitute any ingredients in this recipe?

While we recommend following the recipe as is for the most authentic taste, you can certainly make substitutions based on your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. For example, you can use different vegetables or substitute chicken broth with vegetable broth for a vegetarian version.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefDi
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • julsradford
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies