1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew

1. Does anyone have the recipe for the Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew from the Latin cookbook? I forgot my cookbook at home and someone asked me for the recipe.

Thanks!

May 13, 2009
  2. catlwilles

catlwilles Member Gold Member

3/4 lb smoked ham
    3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
    1 can (48 oz.) chicken broth
    1 1/2 cups prepared sofrito
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
    1 can (15 oz) pigeon peas, drained
    1 cup cooked white rice
    2 medium avocados
    Hot sauce (optional)

Dice ham into 1/2-inch pieces using Chef's Knife. Dice chicken into 1-inch pieces. In (8qt.) Stockpot, heat 1 tsp of the oil over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add ham to Stockpot and cook 2-3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally with Mega Scraper. Remove ham to Classic Batter Bowl. Add remaining 1 tsp oil and chicken to Stockpot. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.

Add ham, broth, tomato sauce and sofrito to Stockpot. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium. Chop cilantro and oregano; set cilantro aside. Add oregano, pigeon peas and rice to stew; cook 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, peel and dice avocados using Avocado Peeler. Ladle stew into bowls, top with avocado, cilantro and hot sauce, if desired.

May 13, 2009
  3. Thank you so much!!!!
    :D

May 13, 2009
Have something to add?