1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew

1. Does anyone have the recipe for the Puerto Rican-Style Chicken Stew from the Latin cookbook? I forgot my cookbook at home and someone asked me for the recipe.

Thanks!

May 13, 2009
  2. catlwilles

catlwilles Member Gold Member

3/4 lb smoked ham
    3/4 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs
    2 tsp. vegetable oil, divided
    1 can (48 oz.) chicken broth
    1 1/2 cups prepared sofrito
    1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
    1 can (15 oz) pigeon peas, drained
    1 cup cooked white rice
    2 medium avocados
    Hot sauce (optional)

Dice ham into 1/2-inch pieces using Chef's Knife. Dice chicken into 1-inch pieces. In (8qt.) Stockpot, heat 1 tsp of the oil over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add ham to Stockpot and cook 2-3 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally with Mega Scraper. Remove ham to Classic Batter Bowl. Add remaining 1 tsp oil and chicken to Stockpot. Cook chicken 3-4 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.

Add ham, broth, tomato sauce and sofrito to Stockpot. Bring to a simmer; reduce heat to medium. Chop cilantro and oregano; set cilantro aside. Add oregano, pigeon peas and rice to stew; cook 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, peel and dice avocados using Avocado Peeler. Ladle stew into bowls, top with avocado, cilantro and hot sauce, if desired.

May 13, 2009
  3. Thank you so much!!!!
    :D

May 13, 2009
Have something to add?