• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Have You Tried Pork Stew With Apple Juice?

In summary, a person recently bought pork stew meat from the clearance bin and wanted to find a recipe to use it in. They discovered several pork stew recipes that include apple juice and an apple, and asked if anyone has tried this before or has a different recipe to share. Others chimed in with their experiences using apples with pork and suggested adding other vegetables or using a combination of juice and broth to balance out the sweetness. Some also mentioned successful recipes with pork and apples, including a pork chops and applesauce dish.
GeorgiaPeach
Silver Member
I bought pork stew meat yesterday because it was in the clearance bin :) and thought I'd just google myself a recipe to use it in. I found a bunch of pork stew recipes that include apple juice and an apple.

Has anyone ever made something like this? Can't imagine how it would taste.

OR does anyone have a great recipe that your family likes using pork stew meat? I've never seen this before and thought we'd try something new this year :chef:

I haven't made a stew with apple juice, but there was a pork roast with apples and stuffing in one of the old PC cookbooks (Celebrate, I think) that was really good. Apples just go well with pork. And if there are other veggies in it, you won't taste "APPLE," just a general sweetness.

I'm worried about the sweetness factor. It has carrots and potatoes so I'm not all that worried about the one apple. It's that the only liquid is apple juice. It sounds good but I'd hate to go to serve it to my family and no one want it cause it's too sweet....then I'd have to call in a pizza :yuck:

If you think it'll be a problem, make it with half juice and half water or broth. Are there any seasonings in it that would make it seem less sweet? Like pepper, rosemary, etc.? (And at least it's juice and not cider - that would be really sweet.)

I make a great pork chops with apples recipe that is not too sweet -- if it gets overcooked it can get a bit sweet but I just add some dijon mustard and it fixes it right up. I bet it'll be delicious!! You'll have to share the recipe with us!

I have made beef in apple juice but not pork.

"Pork chops and applesauce" :rolleyes:

Sounds yum to me.

What are the ingredients for Pork Stew With Apple Juice?

The ingredients for Pork Stew With Apple Juice are pork, onion, carrots, potatoes, apple juice, chicken broth, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.

Can I use a slow cooker to make Pork Stew With Apple Juice?

Yes, you can use a slow cooker to make Pork Stew With Apple Juice. Simply follow the same instructions and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

Do I need to marinate the pork before making Pork Stew With Apple Juice?

No, marinating the pork is not necessary for this recipe. However, for a deeper flavor, you can marinate the pork in apple juice and spices for 2-4 hours before cooking.

Can I substitute beef for the pork in this recipe?

Yes, you can substitute beef for the pork in this recipe. However, the cooking time may vary depending on the cut of beef used.

What is the best way to store leftovers of Pork Stew With Apple Juice?

The best way to store leftovers of Pork Stew With Apple Juice is to let it cool completely, then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
  • its_me_susan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies