• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Celebrating American Heritage: Delicious Tastes from Across the USA!

In summary, the diversity food fair I went to featured peanut butter as one of the most popular items. American foods like chips and salsa, chicken wings, and fried pickles can all be made with no peanuts or peanut butter. The mac and cheese sounds delicious and would be a great option for a dish to serve at the event. A chocolate chip cookie would also be a great choice.
chefhutch04
Gold Member
I am volunteering for an event on base called Diversity Day an I am co-chairing the American heritage booth. We do food tasting and I want to do something other than the normal hamburgers and hot dogs and apple pie.
I thought about Caramel Apples, Cheesecake, Clam Chowder, French Fries, Chocolate Cake, Mac N Cheese, Buffalo Wings, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw, Funnel Cake, Po' Boys, Pancakes, Sloppy Joes, Baked Beans, Biscuits, Ham, Corn Dogs, Pulled Pork.

Its hard b.c american cuisine is diverse an intertwine with other cultures. We only need like 2 or 3 choices to present.

If anyone has an recipes that will be WOW id greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance :D

No recipes, but as a non-American opinion, I can tell you that peanut butter and mac 'n cheese are definitely up there as American foods, especially as far as ones that haven't emigrated much outside of the United States.

The hamburger, actually, traces back to Hamburg, Germany. :D

Hamburger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

NooraK said:
peanut butter and mac 'n cheese are definitely up there as American foods

You could make pb&j's and cut them with the cut n seal. PC has a few fabulous mac n cheese recipes too.

Along the sandwich line, how about a Dagwood? You could make it as a sandwich ring, piled high with lots of meats, etc.

How about peanut butter cookies as an easy do-ahead, finger food? I know for our school's multicultural night we've run into problems of dealing with health department codes so we're going all finger foods, nothing served hot.

Chocolate Chip Cookies are an American Food!

I just made the 3 cheese mac n cheese in the DCB, from the new cookbook..it was delicious though the only American issue with it would be that it was made with fontina and gruyere cheese... :) But it's still a pretty Americanized seeming dish. What about chili? Or even doing chili with hot dogs-quite a few regional variations there like Cincinnati chili, etc..

BBQ is all American. Pulled pork sandwiches, BBQ ribs. Popcorn with the BBQ rub

NooraK said:
No recipes, but as a non-American opinion, I can tell you that peanut butter and mac 'n cheese are definitely up there as American foods, especially as far as ones that haven't emigrated much outside of the United States.
QUOTE]

I went to a diversity food fair in college and I polled the different non-Americans as to what food is "American". Peanut butter was the top of the list, after that it was things like twinkies and ketchup.

[ twinkies and ketchup.[/QUOTE]

Ha! Just not at the same time I hope! Unless you're pregnant, then anything goes!

Ah, yes. PBFs (or Peanut Butter Foldovers) are yummy and all-American! And simple. Take a slice of bread, slap on some of your fav PB, fold it in half and chow down. Served with a ice cold glass of tea. Yum!

But seriously. How about Nachos or chips (baked cut up corn tortillas w/chili lime seasoning) & salsa (MFP demo), Peanut Blossom cookies (2 great American tastes: Hershey's chocolate and Peanut Butter). Fried pickles w/ranch dressing.

Fluffer-Nutters! Cherry Pie! Chocolate Chip Cookies!

Yes, chocolate chip cookies! Twinkies, yes; ketchup, no. Chips and salsa I would consider more Mexican than American. I also agree with the BBQ, especially pulled pork.

totally forgot about Peanut butter sandwiches and fluffer nutters! if we make food we have to serve it outside but that maybe something easy for the club on base to do. Chocolate chip cookies would be a good one 2..(makes me think of chocolate chip sensation recipe). maybe we can even get the cookies to be donated from the grocery store.

We have all sorts of cultures that will be represented so it should be really good! they made beef adobo last year an it was soo good. alot of the foods i didnt get to try but heard great things about them. we did hot dogs last yr as a sample an ppl were coming an getting 2 or 3 hot dogs thinking we were feeding them lunch so we had to turn alot of ppl away bc we ran out of them.

I just have to say that many many people have peanut allergies. It might be better to make something without peanuts or peanut butter.
The mac and cheese sounds yummy, and what is more American than chicken wings? Make a buffalo chicken wing dip. I have an awesome recipe- contact me if you need it. Then maybe a dessert- pineapple upside down cake in the stoneware fluted pan or the new P.C. recipe: cocanut lime tart.

you bring up a good point i think that they post it that says if nuts are used or any other allergies but better safe than sorry.
totally forgot about buffalo chicken dip would totally be an easy one to make!

i did just find out we are going to do different areas of the states so like northeast, southeast, midwest..etc.. so im gonna get a list i have tons of food for the northeast since im originally from pa (cheesesteak, shoo fly pie, shepards pie)

i wont be making the food (thankfully) since last year we had about 500 people show up to the event but i will definately be sporting some pampered chef gear! we are mailing out letters to each state to see if they will donate things for prizes.

1. What inspired Pampered Chef to create a collection of recipes celebrating American heritage?

At Pampered Chef, we believe that food is not just about nourishment, but also about bringing people together and creating meaningful connections. With our "Celebrating American Heritage" collection, we wanted to honor the diverse cultures that have shaped American cuisine and celebrate the rich flavors and traditions of our country.

2. How were the recipes for "Celebrating American Heritage" collection selected?

The recipes in our "Celebrating American Heritage" collection were carefully curated by our team of culinary experts, who researched and tested dishes from all regions of the United States. We also consulted with chefs and home cooks from different backgrounds to ensure that our collection truly represents the diversity of American cuisine.

3. Are the recipes in the "Celebrating American Heritage" collection easy to follow?

Yes, all of the recipes in our collection are designed to be easy to follow, even for beginner cooks. We provide step-by-step instructions and tips to make the cooking process as simple and enjoyable as possible. Plus, with our high-quality kitchen tools, preparing these delicious dishes will be a breeze.

4. Can I find recipes from my specific region in the "Celebrating American Heritage" collection?

Our "Celebrating American Heritage" collection features recipes from all regions of the United States, including the Northeast, South, Midwest, and West. We made sure to include a diverse range of dishes that represent the unique flavors and ingredients of each region. You are sure to find something that speaks to your taste buds!

5. How can I purchase the "Celebrating American Heritage" collection from Pampered Chef?

You can purchase the "Celebrating American Heritage" collection directly from our website or through one of our independent consultants. You can also host a Pampered Chef party and earn the collection for free or at a discounted price. Contact your consultant or visit our website to learn more about our products and how to purchase them.

Back