1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Providing recipes at cooking shows

1. fun2cook2

fun2cook2 Novice Member

Just wondered if you provided the recipes you maketo the guests of a cooking show or do you have the host do this?

Apr 10, 2009
  2. PamperedK

PamperedK Veteran Member Silver Member

I post it on my website and then send them all an email directing them there.

Before I had a website, I would send a follow up email with the recipe attached.

I like doing it after because it gives you another chance to "touch" the guests at the show.

Apr 10, 2009
  3. kam

kam Legacy Member Staff Member

As a guest, I always used to LOVE getting the recipes at the show. So, when I became a Consultant, I decided this is what I would do, too.

After a little bit, I decided to not do this. I would offer them in an email if they wanted. (I got tired of making copies ahead of time.)

Wouldn't you know, that at the very first show I did this, I had one guest stop me CONSTANTLY and verify amounts, ingredient details, etc. And she would ask me to slow down, as she was writing everything down. I told her I would email it - but she didn't want to give me her email - so she insisted on writing up her own recipe as I went along. It was a complete PITA!! She didn't even order anything either. All it did was make a quick demo very slow.

Since then, I have gone back to providing the recipes at the start of the show. I can keep the demo moving this way.

My goal is shorter shows - so I think this helps. JMO

Apr 10, 2009
  4. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I let people know it's available on my website, but I'll be glad to mail them a copy if they prefer.

Apr 10, 2009
  5. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

I let people know I'd be happy to email them one or if they don't have email or don't want to give the address then I'm happy to print one out and include it with their receipt - when they order ;)

Alot of times though I'll say this recipe comes from our S/B which is available for only __ and let them order the cookbook instead. It's only when it's not from the S/B that I offer the above.

Apr 10, 2009
  6. fun2cook2

fun2cook2 Novice Member

Thank you! I am a newbie and when I was the host I always provided the recipes. Now that I am a consultant, everyone is asking me if they can have a copy of the recipe we've prepared. So, I just wanted to see what everyone else does.

Apr 10, 2009
  7. maassl

maassl Guest

I usually email it after the show but I love the idea of having people go to my website for it - the more website traffic the better!! thanks for the tip :)

Apr 13, 2009
  8. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

I agree, what a great idea to have them go to our websites for it!:love:

Apr 13, 2009
  9. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

When I first started, I did what my recruiter did, and printed copies of the recipes (that's when I did 2 per show). Then I started doing theme show recipes, and would hand out the card for the recipe. Now, I put the recipe on my PWS in the calendar area. I still hand out a recipe card, but it's not often the recipe that I demoed. I tell the guests that the recipe is online, and to check my PWS often for new ones. I usually leave the recipe up for a month, especially if I've done the same recipe at all shows for the month.

Apr 13, 2009
  10. Forgive me for being dense, but where do you post the recipe on your website? I think that's a great idea!

Apr 13, 2009
  11. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

I post it in the calendar area, with an entry for the host's show (or one for the whole month if I'm doing the same recipe all month). I also post a couple of recipes in a news item each month.

Apr 13, 2009
Have something to add?