1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Problem with January bookings

1. jujubug

jujubug Novice Member

I have been working really hard on booking shows for January, but people just can't seem to see past Christmas in their lives at this time. The holidays are so busy for all of us and nobody wants to even think about another "party" until after the new year. Everyone tells me, "call me after Christmas!" How do you help people see that it's just next month? As my husband put it, Christmas is a "wall" that they can't see past.
    Any suggestions about January bookings and getting people to actually schedule a show?

Dec 6, 2005
  2. AFwife

AFwife Guest

I've been telling people about the 50% more in Free Product Value for NEXT MONTH. I don't say next year, it makes it sound far away.

Plus on top of that they get a hostess gift. This usually sparks interest. My December 9 party is rescheduling for January just cause of the 50% extra stuff.

I'm also introducing the Dollar Day at Pampered Chef idea I got from this forum. Basically, book a party Jan. 9 get large round stone for $9. :D Party has to be over $150 and must close that day.

Good luck!

Dec 7, 2005
  3. Sooner PC

Sooner PC Member

I have 12 bookings in January. I was a little worried about that because of everyone forgetting over the holiday. I called each of them and they were really excited about hosting (they wanted the free product) Since my January is so full, I am now pushing for February.

Boomer Sooner,

Shannon Overstreet

Dec 7, 2005
  4. mrssyvo

mrssyvo Veteran Member

letter to send out for January shows

I have attached a set of letters I recieved from my hospitality director that I am mailing out to all of my january hostesses. I already sent out the 1st letter, I will mail the 2nd out around the 16th, and the last letter after Christmas, before New Years Eve. Feel free to use them. I think it will help keep my hostesses excited avbout their show. I have 11 scheduled for Janaury, and have reached my limit, I am now booking for February.

Attached Files:

Dec 7, 2005
  5. chefloriray

chefloriray Guest

Those are awesome letters mrssyvo! Thanks for posting, I will be using them too!

Dec 7, 2005
  6. Lisa S

Lisa S Member

I tell people that with the awesome host benefit in January that my dates are disappearing quickly and I need to get them on the calendar now. That usually gets them to book. I am also using the letters attached in the previous post.

Dec 7, 2005
  7. PhyllisRamp

PhyllisRamp Guest

Give them theme show ideas

I'm offering a Chocolate, Chocolate, Chocolate show with a guest chef (friend of mine who makes hand dipped chocolate treats) and a Super Bowl Munchies show. You can also consider offering a Light & Tasty show for all those with new year's resolutions to drop a few pounds this year. Did you know the Cherry Chocolate Skillet Cake is a light recipe? So are the Apple Bundles!

Most important, don't stop trying to get those bookings!

Dec 7, 2005
  8. Karo

Karo Member Gold Member

January is HUGE

January will be my 3rd Super Starter month and biggest yet thanks to the 50% more Free Products for hosts. I am also sending my hosts multiple postcards this month reminding them of our date with a recipe on the back side. USE Christmas as the reason their show will be so big... what do we do this time of year that we don't the other 12 months? Write, call and see relatives/friends from far away. It's an opportunity to invite them to participate, even if only online. Give me your Christmas list, I will send them catalogs for you. My own Christmas presents are usually bought in January with my Christmas Cash because that's when everything goes on sale - Pampered Chef is no different. Take advantage of that. Lots of recruiting leverage to be had in January too for all the same reasons, plus the basic one of making enough money to pay those credit cards you ran up in December. Contrary to the song, JANUARY is the most WONDERFUL time of the year! :D

Dec 8, 2005
Have something to add?